Top 5 Reasons That Prove Why Windows 8 Sucks

vissha

• Replies 86
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you using to make your Windows 8 desktop look like that, it looks amazing..?!

hawt cool sexy real neat stuff yeah :rockon: windows 8 custumZ -> :tooth:

Shall be covering the skinning aspect also in the upcoming tutorial. :)

Why can't you just let us know what you're using, and then post the tutorial on how to do it?

I won't be going back to Windows 8 for at least a year, when I know a lot of the bugs will be worked out.

Why can't you just let us know what you're using, and then post the tutorial on how to do it?

I won't be going back to Windows 8 for at least a year, when I know a lot of the bugs will be worked out.

Windows 8 is equipped with a lot of security check-points - skinning it is not as easy as it is on Windows 7 and takes hours to complete (provided one possesses all other resources like icons, msstyles, etc., etc.)

For example, if a system file is changed, the OS prevents the system from booting - unlike Windows 7, it's very unforgiving. Skinning on Windows 8 entails making changes to 64 system files and calls for a tutorial. Let's not make haste on this - especially since you've got one full year on your hands.

In the meanwhile, I'd love to hear about the bugs in more detail - most of the so called bugs that people have brought to my notice turned out; just a lack of User competencies. ;)

just a lack of User competencies. ;)

I've been using computers for 34 years, and Windows since it first came out.

just a lack of User competencies. ;)

I've been using computers for 34 years, and Windows since it first came out.

Evidence impresses me more than anything else - my son is a leading Hacker and 2 of my brothers are the leading Reverse Engineers on the scene, today.

They do not impress me.

I own a working Commodore 64, which is the second computer I ever used, the first was a Commodore VIC-20, how I'd love to get my hands on one of them!

• Administrator

In the meanwhile, I'd love to hear about the bugs in more detail - most of the so called bugs that people have brought to my notice turned out; just a lack of User competencies. ;)

I was planning to make a (non-hateful) Windows 8 bug thread, for the betterment, knowledge and improvement for all. Unfortunetely, I lack enough free time and bugs appear as one goes through specific things, hence, re-producing steps are hard to remember (before I go on writing them bugs).

• Administrator

Have documented a few Windows 8 bugs, myself. ;)

I personally have encountered lots of them.

On the other hand, I also found a few (hardware related) Windows 7 bugs fixed by Windows 8 and of course plenty of the usual bugs which were present in Windows 7.

• 2 weeks later...

What are you using to make your Windows 8 desktop look like that, it looks amazing..?!

hawt cool sexy real neat stuff yeah :rockon: windows 8 custumZ -> :tooth:

The cosmetic part is ready - check out my signature for the links. 8)

Archived