Top 5 Reasons That Prove Why Windows 8 Sucks

vissha

Windows 8 sucks because it split the community of supporters into 2 groups and this has brought out bad things in people.

It usually amounts to fanboys failing to make any effort to understand another's position and needs and attacking them based on assumptions etc

And THAT is what is wrong with Windows 8 ..too much change too quick.. causing topics across the net that enrage people and start little wars.

And their is no down side for MS they get money from ALL of us and MORE control over us while we bicker and argue with each other..

they laugh on the way to the bank

well said , this part i like the most :D

• Replies 86
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long ago I was taught to NOT get involved with an OS until at least SP1 for it hasa been released. With Windows 8 however, I'm going to pass it completely up I think, due to it have direct backdoors built right into it for the F.B.I. and the C.I.A.

Long ago I was taught to NOT get involved with an OS until at least SP1 for it hasa been released. With Windows 8 however, I'm going to pass it completely up I think, due to it have direct backdoors built right into it for the F.B.I. and the C.I.A.

I don't think so. You are basing this on some professor who told you this. This is not a concrete proof. What about upgrade plans of any government outside USA? Nobody would be crazy to upgrade, and someone will eventually or someone already did.

Cheers ;)

I jumped on 7 and 8 as soon as they were in RTM with zero problems. No need to wait. Going from XP to 7 was the shit.

New doesn't mean buggy and unusable. Also, some OS bugs are never even fixed.

8 has been solid for me. Same as 7 but snappier. Again, ignoring the Metro shit on desktops, it's just as good if not better than 7. Gaming is fine on it too if you're wondering.

I totally agree with Paft I have a dual boot system with 7 & 8 and frankly I use more 8 than 7 and it takes 1/2 the time to boot

@ jtmulc

I'm game joining you on a new thread about Windows 8 on a constructive front. I was actually working on a nice tutorial on Windows 8 when that scum of society vissha crashed the party with his bitching behavior. Told my self, that tutorial was going to serve a selfish death - blame that on vissha, the n00b.

I love this idea and look forward to your tutorial. Will you start the thread or should I?

@ jtmulc

I'm game joining you on a new thread about Windows 8 on a constructive front. I was actually working on a nice tutorial on Windows 8 when that scum of society vissha crashed the party with his bitching behavior. Told my self, that tutorial was going to serve a selfish death - blame that on vissha, the n00b.

I love this idea and look forward to your tutorial. Will you start the thread or should I?

you see the problem was he stated a fact.. the news article (that he did not write himself)

and what happened ? he was attacked and discredited. look how many insults are in that one quoted comment alone.

and the guy didn't do anything ! people assumed a lot ..as usual.

i can't see how you can take anything as good or bad.. many things in life are both such as life itself.

and ignoring one or the other is the big crime.

i don't like windows 8 but i don't think its all bad and if i liked it i would think it's not all good either.

why do people have to adopt some software made by Billionairs like its their own child and beat up little kids

in the school yard that insulted your baby ? jeez get over your selves and move along.

If you like it than what difference does it make if other people do not ?

For example i can't stand almost every pc game that comes out but i don't run around bashing them.

i just carry on with my business and keep my negativity to a minimum AND if i do complain i make sure I'm

not attacking people with personal insults or worst of all calling people a dreaded TROLL.

(that term "troll" needs to leave the net it means almost nothing now.. people have warped its meaning beyong recognition)

so yeah like i was saying i don't get it.. what's with the extreme personal attacks etc ? it's just software :/

and why can't we have two opinions on it ?

for myself i think it is ugly and there is new features i do not like and some of it i can't get rid off (the ribbon ui part for example)

and what this means is compared to a fresh install of windows 7 i would have a lot more hacking and modding to do after setup

so for what little advantages Win 8 has for me i don't think the amount of effort i would have to put into it to get it how i want is worth it.

i would customize any OS to how i want it.. it has nothing to do with windows 8 !

i hope my comments bring some of us closer to seeing each others views and not agravating people to argue.

i see a lot of all this Win 8 business as both sides are correct. we need to try and understand why some like or don't like it.

and based on some peoples comments i honestly don't think some people are trying at all :(

@ jtmulc

Just woke up and signed here to a positive PM from shought - so decided to create a Windows guide for the people based on fairness and neutrality backed by facts, figures, workarounds, tricks & tips. This will take about a week to compile (also I'm writing here - using an extremely slow WiFi, belonging to someone else which wont help the imaging part.)

Before I invest my time and effort into this, I would want at least 5 members to show interest (by shouting Yeah on this very same thread.)

Please stop hurting me. Please read the whole post before blaming the person who posted. It may be shared/their own views.

I think the low sales of Windows 8 so far are simply down to the fact people are quite rightly thinking "why change?"

Hey hi there, vissha & POOTERMAN!!!

I'm extremely sorry for my insulting & haughty words.

I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. Don't want to be presenting any justifications for behaving like a jerk - do accept my sincerest apologies.

Peace

(^_^)

on all who tread past this thread. :P

• Administrator

@dcs18: Yeah. Impress me (no homo :P ). ;)

I'm sure you will have lots of things that will keep my interest alive in Windows 8. :)

Yep, I use a feedback sheet system for Windows 8 where Customers and all family Users (especially teen members) of my installation are compelled to speak out their heart on:-

• positive points, citing reasons
  • negative aspects that need improvements

The above system is followed on an ongoing basis - Windows 8 can be a real bitch, if some precautions are not taken. She doesn't leave scope for damage control like how one has come to enjoy with Windows 7. I'm planning to cover Windows 8 on a sperm-to-resurrection basis (beginning right from the moment one pops the installation DVD into the CD/DVD bay - in fact even earlier, with how to hack the ISO.)

I'm enthused and look forward to creating this tutorial - let's just wait for some show-of-hands. :D

@ jtmulc

Just woke up and signed here to a positive PM from shought - so decided to create a Windows guide for the people based on fairness and neutrality backed by facts, figures, workarounds, tricks & tips. This will take about a week to compile (also I'm writing here - using an extremely slow WiFi, belonging to someone else which wont help the imaging part.)

Before I invest my time and effort into this, I would want at least 5 members to show interest (by shouting Yeah on this very same thread.)

YEAH!

Yep, I use a feedback sheet system for Windows 8 where Customers and all family Users (especially teen members) of my installation are compelled to speak out their heart on:-

• positive points, citing reasons
  • negative aspects that need improvements

The above system is followed on an ongoing basis - Windows 8 can be a real bitch, if some precautions are not taken. She doesn't leave scope for damage control like how one has come to enjoy with Windows 7. I'm planning to cover Windows 8 on a sperm-to-resurrection basis (beginning right from the moment one pops the installation DVD into the CD/DVD bay - in fact even earlier, with how to hack the ISO.)

I'm enthused and look forward to creating this tutorial - let's just wait for some show-of-hands. :D

OK, since you asked...

220px-RushAShowOfHands2007DVDCover.jpg

Oh yeah!!! :rockon:

We've got quorum - have taken into account the 2 reps. (shought, and g0ldlod1) + 3 shouts (tezza ,DKT27, jtmulc) = 5 positive votes.

Shall be working from home with a sheet of paper, from scratch - so my actual posts wont be reflected anywhere, here on the Board. Patience is the need of the hour since it's gonna be bifurcated into something like 5 different parts from ISO to tweaking (shall make it relevant and interesting for Windows 7 Users, too) so that Windows 7 lovers need not have to necessarily changeover to Windows 8. :)

Hell yeah!

dcs18

I don't miss start menu. May be use a dock to replace start pinned apps. But complete disabling metro (with apps) is what I looking for. In the mean time working for some updated drivers.

Hell yeah!

dcs18

I don't miss start menu. May be use a dock to replace start pinned apps. But complete disabling metro (with apps) is what I looking for. In the mean time working for some updated drivers.

Yeah bro. - have already started working on it and the Desktop Dock is certainly got a role to play. :yes:

MidnightDistortions

Windows 8 is terrible. Why the hell do you need a full start screen for? It's pointless when you wanna do multitasking and not to mention modern apps take up the whole screen without any proper way of closing them. That's not Microsoft Windows, it's Microsoft Window! I don't even know when apps are closed on my cellphone. I have no problem doing this with Windows 95-7.

It seems that people will like anything these days even though it's clearly inferior. Great that you have 5% extra CPU power on your computer now that you're running Windows 8. But instead of being able to use a little non intrusive start menu you got this full screen start menu taking up the whole screen. Whats that, you can download your classic start screen? Just another stupid thing i have to download and by hoping that there are no viruses on it i first have to install my AV, great i have to use this stupid start screen in order to get there. If this is the future then i feel sorry for those who may not have known true multitasking. Windows 8 is a dumbed down version of what was great.

I don't need music, sports, weather, ect.. which is all that i see the start screen is mainly used for. It's the same as having a small non-intrusive start menu that enables me to start an application while working on the current one. I like having all my running programs on one screen. Not overlapping one another getting confused on which ones are open and which ones are closed.

Microsoft could have averted this whole mess on Windows 8 by creating a windowed version of their modern app center while keeping the structure of Windows the same. Windows 8 does not work on PCs and there are plenty of people i know that agree. They all went back to whatever OS they had. Clearly if MS thinks that this is the future of PC's, they had better go back to the drawing board before they go bankrupt.

MidnightDistortions

Responses 1 and 2 come from someone who has never used Windows 8 and is blatantly looking for an excuse to post something negative.

Response 3 is an out and out lie.

Response 4 is a combination of the prior two statements.

Windows 8 is nothing like the fluster cluck that Windows ME and Windows Vista was. These biased articles are aimed for people with no common sense and want to be a sheep led to the slaughter house

I never used Windows ME but i have Vista and i find it better then Windows 8. In fact i'd rather go back to Windows 95 then use Window 8. I have seen Window 8 and tried it & it's a bad omen for things to come. I could say that people are led to believe that Window 8 is the future or that it's ok if you install a classic start menu shell. Bottom line is i don't know what MS's objective is here which is the ultimate reason why i will continue to not support Window 8. If MS doesn't fix the problems in 8, (IE: removing the start screen and putting it into a program as an option to have & go back to the proper and best way an OS should be) then i will be doing the same with that OS as well. In all MS will have lost a loyal customer who has supported them for so long. Windows is not the only OS out there and new ones will be created if MS does not listen to their users.

• Administrator

That's not Microsoft Windows, it's Microsoft Window!

:lmao: :rofl:

You got me there, almost fell down laughing. :thumbsup:

As for rest of your post, I agree with the rants against Metro. I don't want my PC to behave like a smartphone, I already have an smartphone. However, most of us are using StartIsBack and Start8 which are fully trustable and easy to use. No need to look at that POS metro. Infact, I have forgotten that Metro even exists anymore.

MidnightDistortions

I'm sure that if i was forced to use Window 8 i would have to get a proper start menu.

And i think for the most part the love/hate thing with 8 is not being able to see it from both sides.

MS could have done Win 8 like in this video: http://youtu.be/-YEMP97u_N8?t=2m18s

Well.. minus the Apple style at the bottom.

@dc

Hell yeah amigo, go for it! clapping-smiley.gif As presently still waiting for Black Viper to update his system tweaks for 8.

Yeah bro. - he seems to not have the time to finalize his preliminary findings.

Black Viper did already i stumbled on to them the other day doing a google search..

if you mean his guide on services for windows 8 ?? (i was looking for the win 7 version).

i first found his services guide back on XP years ago. (i'm not the only one who cares about this)

remember i mentioned this earlier ?

edit: ohh you mean system tweaks not services tweaks ?

and Yeah do a guide up or whatever you wanna call it.

there is good things about windows 8, i don't think it's all bad and i wouldn't mind hearing about the good things it has myself.

Archived