Top 5 Reasons That Prove Why Windows 8 Sucks

vissha

Windows 8 has been out for more than three months now and everyone’s talking about it. Any everyone’s keep asking me whether there’s any need to upgrade. People also keep telling me why Windows 8 sucks and there’s absolutely no reason to upgrade. So why does everyone hate Windows 8 so much?

Windows 8 is indeed getting a lot of criticism on all forms of media. This articles serves the purpose of explaining the reasons why people are opposing the shift to Windows 8.

Top Reasons Why Windows 8 Sucks

1. There’s no Start Button and the Tile Interface is Irritating

That’s right, Windows 8 doesn’t have the legacy Start button which we’re all used to ever since the humble beginnings of the Windows platform. The tile interface and the Start Button now gone is probably the biggest thing people are ranting about.

The tiled interface is not fluid to use on a desktop computer at all. And it will also amount to lots of confusion among the novice users. The Start Screen is a downer for power users as well.

tiles.png

But, you can easily bypass this tiled interface and Get the Start Button back Windows 8 using tools.

2. Windows 8 sucks with the mouse on a desktop PC

This is one big reason to dislike Windows 8. Navigating the Windows 8 system with a mouse is frustrating, and there is horizontal scrolling everywhere. Closing an app itself is annoying; one needs to drag down the mouse from the top of the app window. This might be easier for a touch-screen device, but these gestures simply do not go with desktop users.

touchhh.png

3. Very Limited App count

It can be argued that all of Microsoft’s new features, which it is betting on, including Live Tiles and the Modern UI, will we wasted if there is no app ecosystem for the users. Whatever one says, the amount
and variety of apps in the Windows Store isn’t very satisfactory at the moment. At least not as per Microsoft’s standard.

Most of the free apps in the Store are rather crude, and we think the developers were just playing around with the apps. Most of them provide basic utility such as clocks and calculators, and fill up the entire screen. The apps in the ‘Top Free’ section include Ping, which simply sends out network pings and nothing else. Metro.nome, for instance, is a simple metronome that can’t even change time signatures. Only a few apps impressed us.

That said, there are a few good ones as well, including familiar names like Evernote, YouCam, Engadget and TuneIn Radio.

apps.png

If the Store doesn’t increase the app count, then all users finally shift to the Desktop Mode of Windows 8, thus raising the question: if every user keeps going back to Windows 8, then how will Microsoft
succeed in its attempts towards a unified platform for consumer PCs, smartphones and tablets?

4. Multitasking has taken a hit

Windows 8 doesn’t offer very good multitasking capabilities. There’s Snap mode, which allows users to users to dock apps side by side on the display in a fixed ratio. This could be blissfully liberating for
Android and iOS users, but what about the hardcore Windows users? We’re all used to consuming two-three multiple windows at the same time, and this new features seriously limits multitasking and is a complete waste of space as well. This is mainly because every app runs in full screen mode in Windows 8. Be prepared, performing basic tasks might become a cumbersome process for you.

Toolbox for Windows 8 is an app that aims to enhance your multitasking capabilities in Windows 8.

snap.png

5. Best of both worlds isn’t really good

Of course, multitasking has been crippled with Windows 8. The other thing we feel why Windows 8 sucks
is the concept of ‘best of both worlds,’ that is, the Modern UI and the Desktop Environment simply doesn’t work together. Getting comfortable with the interfaces is quite difficult, and we can imagine scores of people having a tough time with the new Windows 8 changes. The classic Windows programs run in the Desktop environment, while the Modern apps in the Metro UI. Switching between the two interfaces isn’t that quick either.

Plus, the Desktop environment is itself treated as an app. It can’t interact with Modern apps in any way. You also cannot have a Desktop program run together side-by-side with a Modern app.

Final Words…

Let me be honest. A lot of people are going to hate the new Windows 8, and they have their own reasons to do so. The interface itself might become the major factor towards this ‘hatred.’ The whole point of the Modern UI is to put everyone and everything on the same platform, and it feels bad to say that the objective doesn’t work out, at times. We expect lots of demands and confusion, especially among the elderly.

For that matter, I’m okay for a Windows 8 tablet or hybrid device, but my desktop’s staying with Windows 7 installed on it.

Source: tipsOtricks

• Replies 86
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ROMANTICGUY50

Is there any reason why Windows 8 so good? :rolleyes: :think:

Not in my opinion. I tried it on a friends computer and di not like it I have Windows 7 64bit and intend to stay with it. Peace

Responses 1 and 2 come from someone who has never used Windows 8 and is blatantly looking for an excuse to post something negative.

Response 3 is an out and out lie.

Response 4 is a combination of the prior two statements.

Windows 8 is nothing like the fluster cluck that Windows ME and Windows Vista was. These biased articles are aimed for people with no common sense and want to be a sheep led to the slaughter house

• Administrator

6. It's buggy as shit.

Alright alright. I use it, and have a love/hate relationship with it, but that doesn't mean one cannot complain about it.

well personally I think there's still any good point in Windows 8. It fast(er than Windows 7), better system recovery ( :unsure: ) but anyway sometimes I want to switch back to Windows 7 again. yeah, something bugging on it :)

Alright alright. I use it, and have a love/hate relationship with it, but that doesn't mean one cannot complain about it.

The line between complaining and whining over the same thing (over & over again) is very thin (hope you get the drift of where this is leading to . . . . . . . .) :think:

Responses 1 and 2 come from someone who has never used Windows 8 and is blatantly looking for an excuse to post something negative.

Windows 8 is nothing like the fluster cluck that Windows ME and Windows Vista was. These biased articles are aimed for people with no common sense and want to be a sheep led to the slaughter house

to be fair, response 1 was pretty much the main advertisement for windows 8, saying that it's an excuse for someone to say negative things about is not accurate.

response 2 is obvious that they meant to focus on touch screens for windows 8, i don't have a touch screen; but from someone that has used windows 8, i feel like it be better suited for a touch screen rather then a mouse. However yeah i feel like its not much difference.

response 3 (didn't use the app store that much, so i have nothing to say here)

response 4 is accurate to some extent, like the post mentioned, the snapping apps is wonderful for multitasking, but having to access apps via the start up screen rather then the start button would be less time multitasking (its like having a suite application that you need to switch to everytime you want to launch a program... unless you have the program of course on your desktop)

Waiting for next windows 8 updates...inclusive SP1... maybe some bugs will disappear.

But no doubt this Windows was done for touch-screens... Users fans should buy a new monitor...

At this moment I am with Win7, but still loving WinXp. :)

Win 8 doesn't suck. The forced touch UI and no start menu however does. But there are loads of 3rd party start menus such as Sart8. I never see or use the apps or new UI, and use my PC like I would on 7, and enjoy the other small benefits W8 has.

The start screen doesn't bother me anymore. I've adjusted to using it so it's not really an issue. And I don't need/use a start menu replacement anymore either.

The tiled interface is not fluid to use on a desktop computer at all. And it will also amount to lots of confusion among the novice users. The Start Screen is a downer for power users as well.

But they is a new a much better option available for powerusers, right click in the bottom left corner and the poweruser menu appears with far more poweruser options at your fingertips than ever before

I received no less than 17 calls just last week alone asking me to send someone out to remove Windows 8 from newly purchased hardware and install Windows 7 as a replacement OS.

Admittedly more than half of these customers were over the age of 50+ and stated that they simply couldn't get to grips with the new interface and wanted to use something that was more familiar to them and had no interest in learning the new features of Windows 8.

I think the low sales of Windows 8 so far are simply down to the fact people are quite rightly thinking "why change?"

Maybe Micorsoft would have been better releasing an 'add-on upgrade' for Windows 7 to give users the availability of the new Modern UI interface and online store features - seriously did it really need to be a whole new operating system?

While not having used Windows 8... I already know that people do not like change much.

Unless a feature compliments another feature then it is doomed to be hated. What they should have done instead is redesigned the original desktop to be more touch friendly and add widgets that do the stuff the Start UI does on the desktop. Then make each application have its own screen like the Amiga Workbench used to have where any app could have its own icon on the desktop which you could click on or drag and drop to, perhaps even setting screens up with rules where you can run applications side by side.

Just making two different GUIs without any interaction between them sounds like a stupid idea.

After getting the Samsung 840 PRO.. there is no difference in boot time.

The only thing I want from windows 8 is the great windows task manager.. It's was fantastic :hug: !

maybe you don't know how to use the metro apps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been on Win 8 for a little over a month now. On the upside is the boot time. I added an Intel 520 Series SSD and now my boot is clocking in at 6 seconds. I didn't think that was even possible. It still makes me start to giggle when I see it happen. Unfortunately, after that its pretty much downhill.

This OS is buggy as all heck. I suppose it's a case of 'what else is new', since it seems like all MS operating systems start out with way too many fixes needed. I have a few major annoyances with this one... First is this constant right click mini-crash I get in Explorer. I've seen this in some of their prior OS's (most noticeably XP), but here its just flat out unacceptable. It generally lasts for about thirty seconds during which time my machine is locked. If I add up all the crashes I get in any given session I eat up whatever time I gained from the quick boot. So much for improvement!

Also, video files on the default player persist in shutting off on their own while I'm watching. Very, very annoying. Happens all the time. While it isn't really all that difficult to figure out how to close programs on Win 8, it most surely is done in a way that's a pain. I can't for the life of me think of that as an improvement.

Clearly there should have been a built in method of turning on and off the metro/tile interface. On a desktop it's little more than a nuisance. It's not really that it hurts my experience all that much, and is simple enough to circumvent. The problem is it's just entirely without purpose -- which makes it an annoyance. And all these annoyances add up to a much slower flow of getting things done on this machine. Hardware-wise I've gone from an old VW Beetle to a Rolls Royce, while at the same time I wind up getting things done no more quickly than I did on my old, out-of-date XP machine.

Funny, but for me personally just about the only thing I am entirely indifferent about with Win 8 is the loss of the start button/menu that so many people seem to complain about. For years I've been using a program called True Launch Bar which took away the need for the Start button anyway, so for me its been no loss at all.

As far as I can see, from very early on with Win 8 it's looked like a dead issue of an OS. The response has been so blatantly negative since the moment it arrived that I just don't see it as being possible for Microsoft to turn that around, no matter how much money they want to throw after it. The reaction has just been too poor to bypass. Because of that, I can't help but think that an investment into learning, and becoming proficient on Win 8 is surely going to be a waste of time. This OS isn't going to be around all that long, and will certainly be replaced more rapidly than most. I just wish the manufacturer of my new computer hadn't forced it on me. It seems a shame to pay for an OS as part of a computer price, only to have to once again wind up needing an OS copy that isn't legit.

Win 8 doesn't suck. The forced touch UI and no start menu however does. But there are loads of 3rd party start menus such as Sart8. I never see or use the apps or new UI, and use my PC like I would on 7, and enjoy the other small benefits W8 has.

I agree with ya there... Windows 8 has some nice gaming benefits to it... namely WDDM V1.2 rather than the crappy ol' WDDM V1.0 (which isn't that super great for gaming unlike WDDM V1.2 is!)

Edit: WDDM V1.2 blows the shit outta the water in comparison to WDDM V1.0 (which is on Windows Vista and 7)

After getting the Samsung 840 PRO.. there is no difference in boot time.

Samsung does seem to have had a fair deal of it's own issues with Windows 8 - most of which is of it's own doing and has not affected other Manufacturers. :)

UPDATE: One reader pointed us to a post by Linux developer Matthew Garrett, who notes that "Samsung apparently changed their platform interface when they moved to UEFI, but didn't actually do anything to prevent old drivers from breaking things." The good news is "some of the machines that are affected by this predate Secure Boot, so at least it's not a Secure Boot bug."

view.gifView: Original Article

Check out the complete story on the above quoted post here. ;)

I received no less than 17 calls just last week alone asking me to send someone out to remove Windows 8 from newly purchased hardware and install Windows 7 as a replacement OS.

I manage systems - for a living, myself (but, I never have had to cut such a sorry figure.) Have already reformatted dozens of Windows 8.

When Customers pay me a visit for a Windows 7 reformat, they leave the usual crisp & clear instructions - no Windows 8, please. I, anyways go ahead and invariably reformat their system into . . . . . . . . . . . . Windows 8 (but without disclosing, at delivery that their system is not Windows 7 . . . . . . . not yet.) In the meanwhile, they're left wondering at the sudden enhancement in speed and responsiveness of the newly reformatted OS.

After a few days, I inform them that the system they're using is Windows 8. Never have I ever received a single call asking for a downgrade to Windows 7. The day that happens I shall need to acknowledge that I'm not good at my job.

Anybody else here, who is into system-management and receiving calls from Customers for a revert back to Windows 7, needs to understand that it's not the Customers' failing, it's not the Customers who were incompetent at tweaking and skinning their Windows 8.

Admittedly more than half of these customers were over the age of 50+ and stated that they simply couldn't get to grips with the new interface and wanted to use something that was more familiar to them and had no interest in learning the new features of Windows 8.

I think the low sales of Windows 8 so far are simply down to the fact people are quite rightly thinking "why change?"

Customer are by and large, n00bs - the masses are asses (thank God for that or else my business would've gone to the dogs.)

If Customers wont adapt to change-management (across any age) that's good and hey, that's great - that's business, for me.

However, if I cannot adopt change-management into my own computing life and if I cannot make Windows 8 my slave and if I cannot learn how to configure Windows 8 to the exact likeness of Windows 7, I do not deserve to be in this awesome business - I'm then, destined to go down on my knees to Bill Gates, bowing my head down low and whispering into his groin; that one word . . . . . . 'Master.'

Personally, I'd never want my Customer to learn and to adapt - call me selfish, if you will (I'll choose to interpret that as astute.)

Maybe Micorsoft would have been better releasing an 'add-on upgrade' for Windows 7 to give users the availability of the new Modern UI interface and online store features - seriously did it really need to be a whole new operating system?

Of course, yes - it would never be possible to live up to Windows 8 deliveries.

Windows 7 does not support UEFI & GPT - it simply isn't possible (wont be . . . . . . even post-SP2+.) Just cited 2 reasons, here - I can provide some more areas where Windows 7 is impotent to upward compatibilities unlike Windows 8.

ATM, all new systems are being shipped out exclusively with UEFI - that, effectively means the beginning of the end for Windows 7 (the writing is on the wall - beware, the fonts are blood-red, this time around.)

@ others

Please don't follow the ilk of vissha - he's just a rabble-rouser who attempts to spew out the same outdated news repeatedly (stale wine in new bottles - the man who holds monopoly over sour grapes.)

In our choice of OS, we either conquer or capitulate, it's we who decide as an Individual - whether we're gonna rise above all else as the 'Master' or sink down to vissha levels as the 'Slave' (ever-willing and consigned to wash Bill Gate's rich fat ass.) Please do not be a Quitter by accepting defeat - let's stop cribbing.

Somebody, please ask him what OS he's running, ATM and also the reason.

Amen.

@ others

Please don't follow the ilk of vissha - he's just a rabble-rouser who attempts to spew out the same outdated news repeatedly (stale wine in new bottles - the man who holds monopoly over sour grapes.)

In our choice of OS, we either conquer or capitulate, it's we who decide as an Individual - whether we're gonna rise above all else as the 'Master' or sink down to vissha levels as the 'Slave' (ever-willing and consigned to wash Bill Gate's rich fat ass.) Please do not be a Quitter by accepting defeat - let's stop cribbing.

Somebody, please ask him what OS he's running, ATM and also the reason.

Well said,..Bro. :cheers:

Here is the perfect opportunity to present a counterargument. My desktop is running 64 bit Windows 7 Pro. I have in my possession a 100% legit, unopened, bought and paid for copy of 64 bit Windows 8 Pro. Here are my modest specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.42ghz

12GB DDR3

Radeon HD 5500 with two monitors

Hard drives, DVD burner, blahdeblah, etc.

More than enough to run Windows 8 well. Make a case: Why should I upgrade?

Archived