[Solved] Need help with data recovery from primary HDD

rudrax

if you want to fix the missing NTLDR, there's a menu in Hirens Boot CD specially to fix that problem. do you have one? actually I have windows XP SP3 too but I don't know where I can get that file.

No problem mate..I really appreciate your intention to help..I'm downloading LiveUSB OpenBSD..let's see what it does :rolleyes:

well I just want to recommend you to have it if you don't have one yet. btw, it can make it running bootable from Flash Drive too. okay bro :)

What's its size?

well the last version, it's about 500MB.. :)

Alright, thanks for your information..

• Replies 70
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have downloaded LiveUSB OpenBSD from the link given by Speedy in #5 post..it's unpacked size is massive 7.45 GB (127 MB packed)..

Alright, it comes in img format..so how to mount it in a FDD (pen drive)..any utility?

P.S: Don't wanna use virtual drive softwares (if possible)

I havent read the the posts made by other members , so sorry if i'll be repeating anything .

There are plenty of ways of salvaging data from a HDD .

1)GPart . Live USB .

2)Ubuntu . Boot in a LiveUSB and simply navigate to your drive and copy what you want .

3)Puppy Linux . One of the best OS . Again , the steps are same like Ubuntu . But this one is small , light , and very quick .

4)HIren's Boot CD . Again boot in a LIve USB . Has plenty of recovery tools in it .

5)Stand alone programs like Acronis .

There are many good apps which help you crate a LIve USB very easily and even Multi Boot it and also download the tool or app you want via the program itself .

1)Yumi -- http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

2)Universal USB Installer - http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

3)Sardu - http://www.sarducd.it/#tools

Problems coming one after another, seems, they love meh aLOLtz..

Now the LiveUSB OpenBCD I have downloaded, has a size of 7.45 GB unpacked and I have a 8 GB (7.52 GB available with FAT32) flash drive..When I tried to create it bootable, shows "not enough space"..

So, is there anything that could be run with a 8 GB flash drive?

HirensBCD may do that..I will really appreciate if someone give me the link for HirensBCD.iso highly compressed with .7z

Now the LiveUSB OpenBCD I have downloaded, has a size of 7.45 GB unpacked and I have a 8 GB (7.52 GB available with FAT32) flash drive..When I tried to create it bootable, shows "not enough space"..

Did you try unpacking it on a space different from your USB - I mean unpacking it somewhere on your logical HDD and then burning just the contents into the USB.

Did you try unpacking it on a space different from your USB - I mean unpacking it somewhere on your logical HDD and then burning just the contents into the USB.

But I must use a tool to burn files in the FDD and that tool supports only ISO..I'm downloading Hiren's BCD..Can it do the job of a Live OS?

maybe you can try the tool that I recommend to you before. It can make a bootable flash drive from folder as source. but it depends on the image too.

I ever try it to make WinXP bootable, I extract the image first and then make it bootable in my flash drive with that tool.

I hope it works too here :)

I'm downloading Hiren's BCD..Can it do the job of a Live OS?

Have stopped using Hiren's BootCD, some years ago - I remember though, that it did have a mini XP PE.

maybe you can try the tool that I recommend to you before. It can make a bootable flash drive from folder as source. but it depends on the image too.

I ever try it to make WinXP bootable, I extract the image first and then make it bootable in my flash drive with that tool.

Tried it..but if I format the FDD with NTFS, the OpenBSD manages to get there but with NTFS it can't be made bootable..

Tried it..but if I format the FDD with NTFS, the OpenBSD manages to get there but with NTFS it can't be made bootable..

I feel sorry, maybe not compatible with OpenBSD.

well maybe just wait until you finish downloading HBCD. I think it's more than enough for you :)

and yeah, there's mini XP PE in HBCD..

So, I have completed the download for Hiren's BCD today and mounted it in a FDD and ran it..I booted mini Xp from it and got inside..but there is found just a 13 GB partition for my 500 GB (465 GB usable) HDD..The BIOS is detecting 500 GB and a HDD tool called HDD Regenerator also detects 465 GB and scans all the sectors (976773168 sectors) taking hours of time..So, where is the amount after the 13 GB ??

So, where is the amount after the 13 GB ??

From within Hiren's BootCD, use any of the Partition Manager of your choice - Acronis Disk Director is my favorite.

When I clicked at Acronis Disk Director, says,

Error 15: File not found

Edit: Not just Acronis Disk Director but all other items in the custom menu shows the same error..what could be the problem? Do you have any idea?

Acronis Disk Director not included in last ver. I remember the last ver. that including it was 10.6. you can add it later if you want(cuz it commercial). But you can use GParted. :)

Edit: Not just Acronis Disk Director but all other items in the custom menu shows the same error..what could be the problem? Do you have any idea?

The original Hiren's BootCD does not contain sharewares, anymore (now I remember why I discontinued it.)

The fixed versions by Proteus and others bloats it to over 1 GB - I use my own home-made mini BootCDs.

The original Hiren's BootCD does not contain sharewares, anymore (now I remember why I discontinued it.)

The fixed versions by Proteus and others bloats it to over 1 GB - I use my own home-made mini BootCDs.

I have downloaded the sh*t from this site though..I guess that's the F^ :king: official site..Anyways, none of the GUI modes working except the mini Xp..

Got a little progress though..The GUIless DOS utilities manages to show me the partitions and the labels (that was created by me)..As in GUI mode with mini Xp, I manages to see only the 13 GB partition of my 500 GB HDD, so I guess, the partitions after 13 GB are gone unallocated..Is there any option to recover data from unallocated partition?

was this topic already solved?? :think:

Nope..the utilities in HBCD with GUI are showing error while trying to execute..proceeding with DOS mode utilities

Is there any option to recover data from unallocated partition?

Yep, Acronis Disk Director has the capability of recovering volumes.

Can I make it USB bootable?

I suppose so, haven't ever had to try that one - but, any bootable CD should be theoretically made to boot from within a USB thumbdrive. :think:

I suppose so, haven't ever had to try that one - but, any bootable CD should be theoretically made to boot from within a USB thumbdrive. :think:

Can you get me a F^ :king: ISO link? :think:

here for you

Acronis Disc Director v.10 for HBCD

Site: www.mediafire.com
Sharecode: /?5c35u5atb456263 [?]

add this file into Dos folder in HBCD

it will appear at Dos program menu no.8

hope it works..

:)

Archived