Windows 7 testing

bearoninternet

bearoninternet
There's no need to hurry in activating Windows 7... it's still Beta folks :D

Actually, although it's a beta, it still is a 30 day trial.

However, that can be fixed. :sneaky:

• Replies 330
  • Views 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bearoninternet
And i asked the dealer to put a cracked Vista on it.

Omg, i wonder what kind of a dealer that would be. :D

Omg, i wonder what kind of a dealer that would be. :sneaky:

If I'd sell PCs it could be me :D

I can also do that... if I was a PC Dealer... just like our very own mad shought LMAO

Actually, although it's a beta, it still is a 30 day trial.

However, that can be fixed. :sneaky:

According to Microsoft's webpage, the beta is valid to August 1, 2009.

Watch the calendar. The Beta expires on August 1, 2009. To continue using your PC, please be prepared to reinstall a prior version of Windows or a subsequent release of Windows 7 before the expiration date. (See installation instructions.)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7...a-download.aspx

:D

bearoninternet
According to Microsoft's webpage, the beta is valid to August 1, 2009.
Watch the calendar. The Beta expires on August 1, 2009. To continue using your PC, please be prepared to reinstall a prior version of Windows or a subsequent release of Windows 7 before the expiration date. (See installation instructions.)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7...a-download.aspx

:D

Ah well, we'll see about that. Let's make it to august first. :sneaky:

I'm using 7 right now and so far...much less problems than Vista even to this date. I have never seen an OS work so well so early on...

I believe the RC version will be out in April. And the RTM will be in July or August.

bearoninternet
I believe the RC version will be out in April. And the RTM will be in July or August.

Imo the beta is ready for rc. In fact, if they would have sold me the beta as final i wouldnt have noticed.

I experienced no issues what so ever.

I am aware microsoft wants to gather more information from beta-testing, before releasing rc or final version, and it's a good thing they do.

Sofar, i think microsoft 7 will be a worthy successor for windows xp (i ignored vista :) ).

I hope i didnt sound like bill gates again. :fool:

bearoninternet

Well close but not close enough . :fool:

Darn, i'll try harder next time. :)

Oh boy, how I hope you're bill gates....at least I know when you are releasing the final version. :coolwink:

bearoninternet

Oh boy, how I hope you're bill gates....at least I know when you are releasing the final version. :coolwink:

I don't know, i'll try sending an email to my managementteam.

For me personally, i dont care about the release of windows 7, i am working on an imac.

I get my kicks out of charity nowadays.

Yours truly, uncle Bill.

LOL, Thank you for your reply Uncle Bill....LOL

I hope you kill yourself silly with charity....(charity is the name of your new squeeze?) lol.

bearoninternet
LOL, Thank you for your reply Uncle Bill....LOL

I hope you kill yourself silly with charity....(charity is the name of your new squeeze?) lol.

Thank you, i am working on windows 8 4 3 (read out loud) now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using Windows 7 x64 since Public release, (Even installed the 32 bit ver. onto my old P4 2.4 GHz runs like a charm.) and the only problem I have come across, and hope it gets fixed soon, is that Mozilla Thunderbird, does not send or receive email at all. I have to log onto XP and get my email.

other than that I have had no problems at all.

Oh there is one other problem. ESET ESS is not working with MursuFix_2.5 32 or 64 the countdown continues.

How is it performance wise?

Since you installed it on a PC that still has XP installed. How are the launch times of applications and all? Boot time?

I have been using Windows 7 x64 since Public release, (Even installed the 32 bit ver. onto my old P4 2.4 GHz runs like a charm.) and the only problem I have come across, and hope it gets fixed soon, is that Mozilla Thunderbird, does not send or receive email at all. I have to log onto XP and get my email.

Oh there is one other problem. ESET ESS is not working with MursuFix_2.5 32 or 64 the countdown continues.

What about Nodlogin or NodEnabler, does it works with ESET?

How is it performance wise?

Since you installed it on a PC that still has XP installed. How are the launch times of applications and all? Boot time?

Performance wise:

Boots fast, twice as fast as XP.

Fastest startup and shutdown I have seen in my many years of tinkering with PC's

Big noticeable difference in speed on my older system. Windows 7 is fast and fun.

Windows 7 x64 System Specs

Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz

2.99 GHz 2.00 GB of RAM

Nvidia GeForce 6800

Windows 7 x32 System Specs

Pentium 4 2.40GHz

2.39 GHz 1.00GB of RAM

Radeon 9700 Pro All in One

on the x64 System I can Run 2 Clients of Guild Wars simultaneously, Listen to internet Radio, run uTorrent and surf the web with no noticeable slowdown.

I haven't done much testing on the 32 bit system, compared to the amount on the x64 system.

I am in the process of trying some stuff on the P4 soon, but so far I can see the increase in performance compared to when I run XP on it.

I just wish I could get Thunderbird and ESET ESS to work like they do on XP.

----------------

----------------

Now playing: Basstoy f/ Dana - Runnin' (Radio Edit) (181.FM - Energy 98 - Dance Hits)

via FoxyTunes

What about Nodlogin or NodEnabler, does it works with ESET?

I have not tried NodLogin or NodEnabler. I guess that would be a good test to undertake next.

----------------

----------------

Now playing: Outsiders f/Amanda Wilson - Keep This Fire Burning (Freemasons Radio Edit) (181.FM - Energy 98 - Dance Hits)

via FoxyTunes

Archived