Gangnam Style becomes the most viewed YouTube video ever

nsane.forums

The music video for Gangnam Style, the breakout international hit for Korean pop artist PSY, is now officially the most viewed video on YouTube of all time, with over 806 million views so far.

On July 15, a new video was posted to YouTube. As with the vast majority of videos uploaded to Google's service, it received little notice from the general public.

A few weeks later, however, the entire world started to check out the clip that featured wild dancing and a few explosions. And now "Gangnam Style," the music video for the hit song by Korean pop musician PSY, has officially become the most-viewed YouTube video of all time.

According to YouTube's official charts page, "Gangnam Style" has reached more than 806 million views, surpassing the previous number one, "Baby" by Justin Bieber, which was uploaded over two years ago.

In a post on the YouTube Trends blog, it's noted that "Baby" still generates as much as 500,000 views a day – an amazing achievement for a video that was posted in February 2010. The interest in "Gangnam Style" continues to well outpace "Baby," however, as it generates between seven to 10 million views a day.

The same blog post also points out that the official PSY YouTube channel has exceeded one billion views. Bieber will likely stay ahead of PSY on that front for quite for some time, as his official YouTube channel currently has more than three billion views.

Posted Image View: Original Article

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awesome song but nothing less to expect from the mindcontrol song of the year.

honestly, I was walking down the street a few days ago to buy me some cola when a car stopped at the traffic light.

it was playing this song and as soon as the chorus came on, some of the people that were there (of course they were teens!) started riding invisible horses.

>looksirzombies.jpg

thank god Psy is doing this for the lulz and not for other nefarious means

• Administrator

Gangnam style will reach 1 bilion before the end of 2012 :D

It most certainly should. :)

Either way, I cannot confirm it, but it might well be the highest watched video on the internet, ever. :o

well it already holds the record for the most liked video on youtube so you can be sure that it will receive the award for the most watched video in a year or something like that

anyways, a billion views is guaranteed.

only one question..

wats so special abt this video song??y lot many views?did i miss anything special abt this video??wats special in it???

actually i didnt lik it.

ravisoorya, I don't think you missed anything. This video having so much views is pathetic. I can't believe it. Where the hell is this world going to? Thank God for the 80's music, I would have to kill myself if I had to listen to this type of music.

Cheers ;)

Archived