NeoWin Windows 8 Fanboys - Users or MS Employees - The Truth

stylemessiah

Okay had to post and let those of you silly enough to view Neowin as a news site in on a few things.

All is not as it appears. As i have suggested before theres an awful lot of Microsoft employees lurking and posting there, and today i thought i'd out one in particular. I outed him on there and confirmed it, and everytime i see his BS posts it makes me want to snap a Windows 8 DVD in half and stab him with the sharp end.

The user is Dot Matrix

Anything he posts he posts misrepresenting himself as just an IT guy, when in fact he is on the payroll of Microsoft.

As others on here have suspected, this is just some of the marketing budget in action.

Neowin is now just a bought and paid for marketing and pr firm, so dont kid yourself that theyre and IT news site.

Dot Matrix first came to my attention when he started a thread pointing out "issues" he had with the Start Menu from Windows XP to Windows 7 and made all these over the top claims about what was wrong with it. When myself and others pointed out how to resolve these "issues" (i would call them at most annoyances) and how 90% of them could be fixed or improved upon with freeware on being not just plain lazy (poor diddums thought the Start Menu was messy - i suggested he create his own folders i.e. "Internet Apps" etc like a big boy), he kept banging on about how it was wrong.

I started to smell a rat.

Every post read from then on was pushing Windows 8, calling everyone who didnt share his myopic viewpoint a throwback to the past, or more PC version of retard.

It got the point where i called him out and obviously it frustrated him because he finally admitted he worked for Microsoft.

An example, a fresh one from the Neowin story about Sinofsky leaving Microsoft:

Scorbing, on 13 November 2012 - 02:15, said:

Something nasty must have happened for him to leave so suddenly like that. Creative differences maybe? Let's face it, Windows 8 is not exactly charming and user friendly. It looks like crap compared to Windows 7.

Dot Matrix, on 13 November 2012 - 02:17, said:

I've been using it just fine. Loving the new apps and Start Screen. Just the facelift Windows needed. It's brought development back to the platform that consumers can enjoy.

Yeah because everyone loves Windows 8 and developers are lining up around the block to develop on it....not

You can tell why one other Neowin member named Dot Matrix "Neowins number 1 MetroTard"

Its always over the top positive.....

Since then i have identified a number of other people who are definitely on the Microsoft payroll and bandwagon. Im not naming the rest as they are actually for the most part impartial, though i suspect as many as a dozen more high volume posters are one track mind Microsoft employees.

So if you visit Neowin, and i dont advise it, just be aware that opinion over there is now masking a marketing campaign.

As for NeoBond, Neowins head, and the man with no spine, he seems to have completely sold out to Microsoft, as a few months ago, an "editor" posted a frontpage article stating that anyone who didnt like Windows 8 was an idiot and should be shot - thats a direct quote. Neobond, or Steve, as he's known when he leaves his mums basement and heads out into the light, not only went on to defend this "editorial" but actually closed the thread with "for all those people who say theyre offended and are going to leave Neowin, we've been doing this for years (i assume he meant taking kickbacks form Microsoft and offending anyone without the view that Microsoft paid for) and we're not going to change.

Neowin used to be a news site, now its a marketing and pr firm, and not only home to trolls in the forums, but on the front page as well.......and the worst trolls are the staff!

Ignore Dot Matrix and his comments if you have to venture over there, he's a paid Microsoft stooge

• Replies 13
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Offcorse, some of them just hard core Microsoft stupid fans!

If you post somthing bad about Windows 8 they start raging and saying that Windows 8 best and great and we are all stupid who dont know what is good!

I don't take that site srsly anymore!

• Administrator

Though I don't directly believe the claims, I've been smelling Microsoft on NeoWin from more than 6 months now.

Employs or users, I don't know, but surely some extra ordinary retarded Microsoft fanboys (including the editors).

Hell, one doesn't even need to look at the members. Just look at the articles and you will come to know.

On the other hand, not all Microsoft employes have to like Windows 8. I have StartIsBack clients from Microsoft, for example :rolleyes:

I have to agree, Neolose has gone down the drain since the early 2Ks, and they ban for no reason as well. The staff there suck each other's dicks as far as I am concerned! I just visit the site every once in a while to see if anything has changed, and it has, it's gotten 100 times worse!

Wow. Such hatred. I am a member at Neowin and saw a link to this post. I am also not one of their favorite members. I get warned a lot. But that doesn't change my opinion. The site has def gone down hill a lot since the old days. Tons of trolls and bullies.

But here's my point to why I am replying to this thread. Who really gives a damn if someone works for Microsoft? Is it worth beating your nerves down over? I say: No. I use Win8. But my main OS is Fedora. I actually love Win8. It works a ton better for the games I play, then Win7 ever did.

I also think your wrong by coming here and posting about another site talking massive crap about them and their members. You act like a disgruntled child by doing so. The staff here should have deleted this post and warned you right off. Which is probably what will happen to my post. Deletion. Then I will probably get warned or banned. I don't care.

Your wrong for even doing this. If you have a problem with where someone works, then I feel bad for you. If you have a problem with someone's personal ideas/thoughts or remarks, have a discussion with them. Don't come to another site and post trollish comments about them or the site that they are a part of. That's completely childish, not to mention just lame as Hell.

Anyways, if you have a problem with me for posting this or me in general, you can find me at Neowin, My name is Lo Tec there.

Let me say this in closing: "Grow up and get a life and stop trolling."

Wow. Such hatred. I am a member at Neowin and saw a link to this post. I am also not one of their favorite members. I get warned a lot. But that doesn't change my opinion. The site has def gone down hill a lot since the old days. Tons of trolls and bullies.

But here's my point to why I am replying to this thread. Who really gives a damn if someone works for Microsoft? Is it worth beating your nerves down over? I say: No. I use Win8. But my main OS is Fedora. I actually love Win8. It works a ton better for the games I play, then Win7 ever did.

I also think your wrong by coming here and posting about another site talking massive crap about them and their members. You act like a disgruntled child by doing so. The staff here should have deleted this post and warned you right off. Which is probably what will happen to my post. Deletion. Then I will probably get warned or banned. I don't care.

Your wrong for even doing this. If you have a problem with where someone works, then I feel bad for you. If you have a problem with someone's personal ideas/thoughts or remarks, have a discussion with them. Don't come to another site and post trollish comments about them or the site that they are a part of. That's completely childish, not to mention just lame as Hell.

Anyways, if you have a problem with me for posting this or me in general, you can find me at Neowin, My name is Lo Tec there.

And thats the kind of post and comment i was trying to get away from by leaving Neowin

I did try and have a sane conversation about Windows 8 and why i personalyl didnt like it, but was drowned out by Pro Windows 8 goons and staff trolls. So im not doing anything wrong by explaining what happened here...i certainly had no way to do i there :)

I should point out also that posting:

Is in fact a troll comment in itself

Please go back to Neowin where its considered normal to post things like that.....

*Stooge Alert*

Oh, and no matter how many times Dot Matrix says he doesnt work for Microsoft, he admitted it in an open thread (where it was seen by others and can probably still be found) and in private, so its not my imagination, sorry, he's tryin to cover his tracks. Look at his words how PR Pro Windows 8 they are, if you really need convincing.

Fortunately or unfortunately, we're not that petty.

All the same, if any of you have complaints, please refer to:

Posts made on the forum are the sole property of their respective poster. The nsane.forums staff cannot be held responsible for the actions of its user base. If you take exception to a post and/or topic please use the "Report" button to contact a member of staff (Reporting Tutorial). The staff will then perform the appropriate action. Please remember to include a reason for why you are reporting it, just in case it's missed.

nsane.forums aims to provide equal opportunities to its members. We intend to treat all of our members without discrimination due to race, color, age, sex, religion / creed, species, sexual orientation, marital status, political standing or disability. In keeping with these guidelines, we expect you as individuals, to stay true to these beliefs. If you have any concerns regarding this please contact an Administrator so that we can deal with it appropriately.

And thats the kind of post and comment i was trying to get away from by leaving Neowin

I did try and have a sane conversation about Windows 8 and why i personalyl didnt like it, but was drowned out by Pro Windows 8 goons and staff trolls. So im not doing anything wrong by explaining what happened here...i certainly had no way to do i there :)

I should point out also that posting:

Is in fact a troll comment in itself

Please go back to Neowin where its considered normal to post things like that.....

*Stooge Alert*

Oh, and no matter how many times Dot Matrix says he doesnt work for Microsoft, he admitted it in an open thread (where it was seen by others and can probably still be found) and in private, so its not my imagination, sorry, he's tryin to cover his tracks. Look at his words how PR Pro Windows 8 they are, if you really need convincing.

Your right about my comment. I shouldn't have posted that. But I do not see the point in coming to another site and posting bashing remarks about another site and it's members in the open forums like this. Not cool. Besides, what does it matter where someone works? I also know how feisty things can become there over things like Windows in general. Pro-Windows or not. There are a lot of people at Neowin who hate Win8. I for one actually like it.

Anyways, I truly hope you find what you are looking for here, that you couldn't find at Neowin.

Fortunately or unfortunately, we're not that petty.

All the same, if any of you have complaints, please refer to:

Posts made on the forum are the sole property of their respective poster. The nsane.forums staff cannot be held responsible for the actions of its user base. If you take exception to a post and/or topic please use the "Report" button to contact a member of staff (Reporting Tutorial). The staff will then perform the appropriate action. Please remember to include a reason for why you are reporting it, just in case it's missed.

nsane.forums aims to provide equal opportunities to its members. We intend to treat all of our members without discrimination due to race, color, age, sex, religion / creed, species, sexual orientation, marital status, political standing or disability. In keeping with these guidelines, we expect you as individuals, to stay true to these beliefs. If you have any concerns regarding this please contact an Administrator so that we can deal with it appropriately.

Understood.

I noticed 3 or 4 months ago that 2/3 of the front page news was about the best of Windows 8 or Microsoft related. A bit more than an ad campaign that I would care to see for news and removed them from my bookmarks. Bias is bias and I was personally turned off by it.

I was enjoying reading posts by someone named Asrokhel on the neowin forums, and it looks like he's been banned, why I have no idea, all I ever saw him do was respond to some replies and post news items in the various parts of the forum. But this is the shit neowin is. If you buy a "subscriber" membership and you get banned, do they give you your money back?

Archived