[GOTD]Process Lasso 6.0

anuraag

Process Lasso is NOT yet another task manager; it is a process, power, and CPU optimization and automation utility. One of Process Lasso’s most popular features is a unique technology called ProBalance (Process Balance) that can improve your PC’s responsiveness and stability during high CPU loads. Windows, by design, allows programs to monopolize your CPU without sufficient restraint — leading to hangs and micro-lags. ProBalance intelligently adjusts the priorities of running programs on-demand so that badly behaved processes are less likely to negatively impact the responsiveness of your PC. It does this NOT by raising process priorities, but instead by temporarily lowering the priorities of background processes that may be interfering with PC responsiveness. It can also perform other operations on these processes, such as adjusting their I/O priorities or CPU affinities.

Another popular feature is called Energy Saver. It switches the active Power Profile after you have gone idle for mere seconds (configurable). This allows you to run your PC in the High Performance power profile, yet conserve power when you aren’t active.

In addition to these, there are countless features allowing the user to take full automated control of the processes on their PC. You can have a wide range operations performed, or settings applied, each time a process is run.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/process-lasso-6-0/http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/download/?id=34601https://bitsum.com/giveawayoftheday_registration.php
Thanks to sternog for info.

• Replies 18
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOTD is really hardcore this week, Auslogics yesterday and PL today, to bad I already had full license version of both products.

I would be amazing if they could offer Sanboxie or Ad Muncher too :D.

Anyway thanks anuraag and keep it coming. :thumbsup:

Free updates will be end on 10-05-2013

Free updates are for a month. After that you are left with the last updated build.

It's full but it will not be updated anymore beyond that month.

Just checked and confirmed this...

Free updates will be end on 10-05-2013

Free updates are for a month. After that you are left with the last updated build.

They said the same about the version 5 giveaway 6 or so months back and i'm happily still updating using the same key. :D

Re: "You can register here and download it directly from bitsum, and avoid GOTD completely. https://bitsum.com/g...egistration.php"

Unless I'm mistaken, the bitsum direct link is closed. Gonna check others now. Thanks tho. Peace :-)

From where you have the info that it will definitely not updated in that month? Actually v6 was updated every month since first release. And you can expect at least one update in October too.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know who confirmed this but ... he/she/it was wrong. :lol:

Process Lasso v6.0.1.62 (10-10-12)

This build fixes the watchdog configuration dialog and watchdog rules (which partially broke a few builds ago), amongst other things. It also improves the appearance of per-core metrics in the main Process Lasso GUI, ThreadRacer, and elsewhere. The full list is below.

6.0.1.62 # Addition # GUI -Added horizontal per-process % memory load graph to active processes (private bytes for NT6+, commit size otherwise)

6.0.1.62 #Addition GUI -Added support for optional grid lines toggle for main process view

6.0.1.62 #Addition #Docs -Added preliminary documentation for Watchdog Rules syntax in configuration file

6.0.1.62 #Fix #GUI -Improved appearance of per-core metrics

6.0.1.62 #Fix #GUI -Fixed Watchdog Configuration dialog memory metric may not be cleared when unused for the rule while using UP/DOWN (has no functional impact)

6.0.1.62 #Fix #GUI -Fixed GUI recovery system trying to relaunch governor before system shutdown is complete under some rare scenarios where the difference in notification of shutdown between the governor and GUI exceeds a certain time

6.0.1.62 #Fix #GUI -Fixed several Watchdog Configuration dialog malfunctions

6.0.1.62 #Fix #GUI -Fixed Watchdog Configuration UP/DOWN buttons that started malfuntioning due to a recent change that also broke other things in this dialog

6.0.1.62] #Fix #GUI -Watchdog dialog would not properly add I/O priority settings

6.0.1.62 #Fix #GUI -Fix watchdog dialog leaving names of processes in edit box after an add operation

6.0.1.62 #Fix #GUI -Fix improper rendering when memory load graph is hidden under some circumstances

6.0.1.62 #Fix #Core -Fix to 'notify' watchdog rule

6.0.1.62 #Change #All -Renames watchdog rules configuration value to 'Watchdog Rules'

6.0.1.62 #Change #All -Removed extended sanity checks from beta builds

6.0.1.62 #Change #Dumps -Improved debugging subsystem

6.0.1.62 #Change #All -Some optimizations to shared code between all of Process Lasso

6.0.1.62 #Change #GUI -Force some metric for 'notify' watchdog events (reversion of a prior change)

6.0.1.62 #Change #GUI -Improvements to Watchdog configuration dialog

6.0.1.62 #Change #GUI -Increased what it takes to get on the Active Processes list a little

6.0.1.62 #Change #GUI -Increased responsive time of governor watch thread, in the case of system shutdowns

6.0.1.62 #Change #Italian -Updated

Process Lasso Download Links From Bitsum.com:

Process Lasso CDN Download Links (may take time to refresh): :P

The key is a unique one, you had to register on the Bitsum website with an valid email address.

This give away, we are doing things a bit differently. Instead of every user getting the same key, each user will get his or her own Process Lasso key. You need simply sign up for it (two fields, name and email). We’re not spammers and don’t share this with anyone! This will let us give you more personalized service later, if needed. It will also allow us to track abusers while easily letting pass those who legitimately use their license.

That is what Jeremy (Bitsum Developer) wrote in the GAOTD comment section.

The key is a unique one, you had to register on the Bitsum website with an valid email address.

This give away, we are doing things a bit differently. Instead of every user getting the same key, each user will get his or her own Process Lasso key. You need simply sign up for it (two fields, name and email). We’re not spammers and don’t share this with anyone! This will let us give you more personalized service later, if needed. It will also allow us to track abusers while easily letting pass those who legitimately use their license.

That is what Jeremy (Bitsum Developer) wrote in the GAOTD comment section.

oh ok sucks I missed this....

I don't know who confirmed this but ... he/she/it was wrong. :lol:

I only stated what was on the site, that day.

It said that free updates will last a month (not until the end of the month, which is what you think) and after that, you continue to have a working license but with no updates.

If they said that, and later on they do not follow it, I don't really care.

I only quoted the text on the site.

There already was a previous giveaway, where others stated that newer versions (5.x?) worked with the

giveaway license too, But who knows if that is changed with this 6.x version. Will see when the month is

over.

Archived