Scheduled Maintenance

shought

In order to get everything up as fast as possible following the recent downtime I made some 'shortcuts' which will need to be rectified now. Before the downtime we were already experiencing several issues because of which the forums and the frontpage had to be hosted on the same server (temporarily) and this is still the case.

These issues will be addressed now and in order to do so we have to schedule some downtime. The second post of this topic will be updated with the expected dates and times of the downtime as soon as we know when it will occur. The frontpage will remain online at all times during these changes.

So please note that any downtime in the following days will be related to maintenance and not some kind of attack or any other issues.

• Replies 17
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preliminary timetable:

Proxy will be down from 22:00 GMT to 23:00 GMT on 27-09. Actual downtime: < 1 min.

Proxy will be down from 07:00 GMT to 08:00 GMT on 29-09. Actual downtime: < 1 min.

Forums will be down from 20:00 GMT to 22:00 GMT on 28-09. Actual downtime: < 1 hour.

In addition to that there might be some 'mail disturbances' on the forums (so you might not receive notifications about PMs, new posts, your registration, etc.). These problems will be limited to 28-09 until 29-09 as well.

Note: 'preliminary' --> by no means definitive!

keep up da grt job bro.thanks a lotttt

Proxy is already moved back, actual downtime was less than a minute :)

Forums will be moved later this evening, tomorrow morning or at a later date (depending on what time I go out for drinks, how many drinks I have and whether I'll still be in the same country when I wake up) ;)

I'd say I'm getting faster at this. Everything is done (aside from a few 'background things'). If you notice any bugs please let me know ;)

(depending on what time I go out for drinks, how many drinks I have and whether I'll still be in the same country when I wake up) ;)

:towel:

Thanks shought.

Truly folks....Thank you for all the time and hard work y'all put into making this the best/my favorite forum on the entire web. May God continue to inspire y'all with...and motivate y'all to...greatness. Peace :-)

• Administrator

I missed your shutdown, did it happen yet ?

Thanks for all your hard work.

It's done already. ;)

Archived