[Help] Huawei BM622 wimax - blank WAN

Sl@pSh0ck™

Sl@pSh0ck™

Hi guys,

I'm trying to fix a Huawei Echolife BM622, I cannot connect to it via telnet or via browser to change the settings, I also cannot connect through net or lan.

I did ipconfig /all and the default gateway is showing as blank (it should show 192.168.1.1 which is the default). I read some info that this is a case of "blank WAN", is there anybody here who know how to fix this?

Steps already tried to no avail:

- hard reset of router

- telnet to 192.168.1.1

- 192.168.1.1 through a browser

- manual add of ip and default gateway

- new cables used.

*** All lights are working when this router is plugged in.

*** LAN is showing as unidentified network

I just want to be able to connect via telnet/browser so I can fix the settings for this router, any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

• Replies 6
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Did you try Network Troubleshooter / Network Diagnosis?

Sl@pSh0ck™

Yes. before I manually added the IP and default gateway it gives me error as "invaid ip", after I manually added ip and gateway network troubleshooter could not find any problem anymore.

I'm just guessing here, but maybe the Huawei did not reset properly? Because there are routers or devices that need to have a sequence to be reset properly. Others require you to hold down the reset button for around 15-20secs upon plugging in the power.

Is the Huawei also a DHCP server? Maybe upon resetting you could directly connect a pc to it and see if it gets an IP.

Sl@pSh0ck™

I already tried resetting it by pressing the reset button for 10-15 minutes, but still no go. I am starting to believe the wimax unit is the problem itself. Anybody know how risky it is to upgrade the firmware of this router?

Sl@pSh0ck™

Thanks for the link bro, I am also a member of that forum. None of the info there worked for me :(

It's time to raise the white flag I guess :(

Archived