Buying new Hard Disk

Anees77

Helloooooooo

well i'm planning to buy a new Hard disk by the end of this month, well it wont be the new SATA i think my computer can fit IDE

but i went to few shops around asking what avilable, they said only 160g avilable, so i'am not sure if there is bigger size

any one can help ?

• Replies 40
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you can buy a SATA HDD, then get a USB converter or external rack, and then use it that way, a friend of mine had the same problem as you and that's how he got around it, hope that helps.

Is it for your OS or just for storage, i know that you have only 40gig now but you can easily fit your OS in there and use an external storage solution. This might overlive your PC itself so you could use it with your next PC, or laptop? :think:

Helloooooooo

well i'm planning to buy a new Hard disk by the end of this month, well it wont be the new SATA i think my computer can fit IDE

but i went to few shops around asking what avilable, they said only 160g avilable, so i'am not sure if there is bigger size

any one can help ?

best buy. im taking they dont have one in your country. online access to shopping them? ebaying?

i have 2 EIDE 750 GB internal in my system. my intel !@#$ mother board has 2 ide and 2 sata connections. so the sata are 750 GB also. not going to switch them out for the 1 TB. ill get a new computer instead for them.

if you are usi9ng win xp make sure it was a clean sp2 or sp3 for the large HD over 135 GB. sp1 required 2 sp2 updates and was still not very stable in my opnion on the HDs. i notice vista 64 has problems when there are many jpg and pngs in a folder and its folder tree. saying it cant read view them. if p2p, newsgroup or such you should keep use a slave HD so your OS HD stills safe. make sure the cache temps go to that HD or another HD and not the OS one.

i use M: for downloads on newsleecher and N: for the headers etc for newsleecher. another HD for games. if you are trying to use limit account access for safety or kids accessing account put games its own HD to make it share all.

Im now on Vista SP1 x64 and have only 250GB HD.

Soon upgrading to 4GB ram and adding 500GB external drive by WD.

to be honest now i am confused, i want the HD for extra storage, not for my OS.

and no here in Jordan we don't have Ebay stuff .. its little bit expensive around here not as cheap as outside ..

and no here in Jordan we don't have Ebay stuff .. its little bit expensive around here not as cheap as outside ..

Go for western digital 500GB u won't regret it.

can i have a link ? its external ? how much it cost ?

Do you want IDE or SATA?

Do you want IDE or SATA?

i heared SATA Is faster than IDE but my pc work with IDE not SATA i heared there is Converter too but i am not sure ;)

;) its amazing and yes am with u external look nice and price are reasonable but now the problem how ill get one here in Jordan :D

:sneaky: its amazing and yes am with u external look nice and price are reasonable but now the problem how ill get one here in Jordan :sneaky:

That is difficult for me to answer...

I personnaly own a mybook premium ES. I have a lot of problem with it especially overheating. See my drive This particular drive is discontinued, no wonder why... BUT i bought 2 ministack v3 Website its an hardrive enclosure with lots of connectivity and im very happy with it. Again, i dont know if they ship to Jordan :sneaky: but i mean if you have a computer, that means you can have hard drive.

Why addict?

I like big.... HDs and I cannot lie. :clap:

BTW: I dont have pr0n on my pc. Only music, programs, movies, and some other stuff. :dance2:

Why addict?

I like big.... HDs and I cannot lie. :lmao:

BTW: I dont have pr0n on my pc. Only music, programs, movies, and some other stuff. :dance2:

Well i have 8GB of tht stuff :clap:

Archived