XFX 8600 GT Heat Issues

sumant30

Yeah, I understand, but if you could make your back fans blow air out instead of sucking air in that would be better I think... The side fans should suck air in as far as I know.

I have 2 back fans both should suck in air?

Rear fans must be OUT! Not in...

You take the words right out of my mouth, without the capital 'out' though ;) :P

Front should take in, side should take in, rear should blow out :D

Input is appreciated...... :D :P :D

• Replies 68
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually i also searched lot of forums regarding XFX 8600GT in all forums the common thing that i got was the card is actually pretty hot.So it normally operates in 85-90 range.

Actually i also searched lot of forums regarding XFX 8600GT in all forums the common thing that i got was the card is actually pretty hot.So it normally operates in 85-90 range.

Lol, ok now I'm going to be rude: Change the fan(probably just turn it around) to make the air blow out instead of in :D I think that'll help, at least a few degrees.

Lol, ok now I'm going to be rude: Change the fan(probably just turn it around) to make the air blow out instead of in ;) I think that'll help, at least a few degrees.

I changed my fan settings and it seems to have worked now max temp is 81 and its around 75 during normal rendering thanks for your advice..... :king: :dance2: :dance2:

I changed my fan settings and it seems to have worked now max temp is 81 and its around 75 during normal rendering thanks for your advice..... :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

I hate to say it, but: Told ya! ;) :king:

I changed my fan settings and it seems to have worked now max temp is 81 and its around 75 during normal rendering thanks for your advice..... :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

I hate to say it, but: Told ya! ;) :king:

And i am glad i listened to you :dance2:.

And I should say: Still to hot!

My card doesnt reach 60°C at load... Did you try reinstalling the stock sink? Another thermal compound may be better :dance2:

My card doesnt reach 60°C at load... Did you try reinstalling the stock sink? Another thermal compound may be better :dance2:

You also wanna take natural condts into consideration your eastern europe region is pretty cool while we have min 40c temp here in India.

That temp is totally good for a card operating in like 10-20 degrees hotter circumstances then we have. The 8600 series are known to be capable of handeling temps of 100 degrees.

That temp is totally good for a card operating in like 10-20 degrees hotter circumstances then we have. The 8600 series are known to be capable of handeling temps of 100 degrees.

Yup thts wht i was telling blackline.

You also wanna take natural condts into consideration your eastern europe region is pretty cool while we have min 40c temp here in India.

So that's why your temp rockets sky high; you live near the equator.

Better buy air conditioners :dance2: .

No money for air conditioning otherwise i wouldn't have purchased the fans if i had money for AC. :dance2: :frusty:

No money for air conditioning otherwise i wouldn't have purchased the fans if i had money for AC. :dance2: :frusty:

If you have money for your computer, then you can buy you an AC!

Temp now in Slovenia is 12°C -> Winter. BTW: For total n00bs. Slovenia is the country near Italy, Croatia, Austria. Its NOT SlovAKIA!!!

My card doesnt reach 60°C at load... Did you try reinstalling the stock sink? Another thermal compound may be better ;)

Better buy air conditioners ;) .

No money for air conditioning otherwise i wouldn't have purchased the fans if i had money for AC. :frusty: :frusty:

If you have money for your computer, then you can buy you an AC!

Temp now in Slovenia is 12°C -> Winter. BTW: For total n00bs. Slovenia is the country near Italy, Croatia, Austria. Its NOT SlovAKIA!!!

Lucky you...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

This is my reply for all my temperature problems actually my power supply was of a poor quality and it burned down and thank god nothing was gone but only tht shitty PSU now i have this beast from Corsair so i have no tension.

post-12415-1230056660_thumb.jpg

PsychoticxBloodxLust

thats not a bad operating temp i would recommend gettting some more fans though...

i actually bought 2 HHD coolers to help keep my babies cool lol

I'm waiting for the new 295 card to be released from nvidia thinking about upgrading already lol

thats not a bad operating temp i would recommend gettting some more fans though...

i actually bought 2 HHD coolers to help keep my babies cool lol

I'm waiting for the new 295 card to be released from nvidia thinking about upgrading already lol

I already have 4 fans in my case no rooms for more fans man also i am kind of broke now after getting this PSU.

Archived