Which of these do you use for playing music? Also state the reasons for the same

Ponting

Music Player  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you use for playing music?State the reasons for the same.

• Replies 106
  • Views 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My entire library on external HDD (320 kb/s encoded MP3) is in Winamp. However i play it always using DFX 11.

Looks like i'm the only one who uses BS Player Pro :lol:

Reason :

Light , Simple , Nice interface , No audio or video file that it can't play :)

There's a media player that calls itself the B.S. Player? :o And people pay for that B.S? :P :hehe:

XMPlay due to superior sound quality accuracy due to its using the BASS decoding library code.

Foobar2000 has recently changed to the ffmpeg decoding library code as of 2012-12-28 (whereas it used to be mpg123 / mpglib).

• 5 weeks later...

Foobar2000 for me

could you try this with foobar2000 and compare it with other music players (at least WMP)? with foobar2000, this song sounds too weak for me(with it's default settings), not with other players. if you can find some settings to make it sounds good, I would like to know about it :)

Started using foobar recently after being recommended by toyo. Its awesome, specially the Dolby headphone effect thing. And oh Columns UI is great as well :D

Foobar2000 for me

could you try this with foobar2000 and compare it with other music players (at least WMP)? with foobar2000, this song sounds too weak for me(with it's default settings), not with other players. if you can find some settings to make it sounds good, I would like to know about it :)

the mediafire link says Permission Denied

Foobar2000 for me

the mediafire link says Permission Denied

this.. sorry

this one too says Permission Denied

it seems mediafire blocked the file

you can try different host

okay.. btw, after open directly from my account, this link work properly again (yeah, because I'm login by myself)

anyway thanks. network seems unstable to upload it again though it just small size :)

I'll upload again next time. seems copyrighted file can't be share

new link for the song

http://rghost.net/43759024

@ rachmanwawan

tested it

-in mpc it it sounded better than Foobar2000 but it can be solved

-put the song in Foobar2000 playlist

-right-click on the song

-choose ReplayGain

-choose Remove ReplayGain information from files

-done

for coverting you can use this setting

MP3 (LAME) > Quality VBR 190kbps V2

just tested and solved.. maybe because I'm a n00b, couldn't solve it by myself.. :lol:

until now, that's the main reason why I changed from foobar2000.. actually I love it's simplicity :)

thanks Compuitguy :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
hallucinojerk

Voted for Winamp. I've been using this recently because I like the default Bento skin and I know how to use it unlike before. :p

AIMP3, since its GUI same with winamp (I was a winamp user) but lighter than winamp

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party...

I currently use MusicBee.

• I used to use Helium but it requires SQL and other dependencies.
  • I then switched to MediaMonkey, version 3 was killer at the time but version 4 just does not perform like it should in my mind.
  • Then I moved on to Foobar, now I like the performance and sound playback is top notch but man is it ugly. The skins are not intuitive to install either, just not a good experience.
  • Then I found MusicBee 2.1(beta), it does everything Foobar does but looks nice and it is very easy to reconfigure the looks.

PS: If you do not have a large music library, then my situation may not apply to you.

Oh god, urm i have iTunes and primarily store all my music there (Apple lossless) for the ipod. But i mainly use foobar to listen to music as it has ASIO support :D but i also have vlc sitting around for movies/tv however before finding foobar i used that, and for a while before that was using winamp as it support syncing to my phone wirelessly (which was a god send) now i just use google music on the phone. So reverted to foobar for playing and iTunes for storing/managing ipod

• 1 month later...

Anybody using DFX Audio Enhancer?

I had used this once it turned to be a great piece of crapware :s , users' reviews on this is very bad :thumbsdown:

Archived