FireFox + WeatherBug.A

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Ok for some reason... I was downloading both AIM 5.5.3595+5.5.3599 because my other computer needed DeadAIM 4.5 which is compatible with those versions...

But then they wouldn't complete because my AntiVirus detected it to be Weatherbug.a so it stopped the dl.. But the files remained on my desktop at .exe.part files...

And it won't let me delete them OFF my desktop.. So I tried shutting down my AV in hopes that I could COMPLETE the Download and then delete apparently not =/

So now I have 2 copies of the same files 'aim553599.exe.part' + 'aim553595.exe.part'... 1 on Desktop / 1 in Recycle Bin... But the strange part is... Whenever I start UP FireFox my AV pops up to say that they found Weatherbug.a in my FireFox folder and when I scan to it I find these files '9E5E8861d01', '9EE3FEBCd01' (But cannot delete them says it is currently being used and it comes up as like 'Cannot delete Dc87 because it is being used' this is for the file '9e528861d01' (Was able to delete the other two just now). And the same goes with those aim .exe.part files says they are being used...

I will update status asap... But got any ideas? (Already ran Virus Scan + Spyware scans... 'clean'

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried booting in safe mode and trying to delete them via AV? Or browsing to the files and trying to delete them manually in safe mode?

Maybe try Unlocker to see which programs/processes are using the files and killing them?

SacredCultivator

Thanks... The Unlocker didn't do anything at all... But the Safe Mode did the trick, thanks.

Archived