Downloads won't work?

DES_1001

• Replies 696
  • Views 180.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please try again later, like the message says, the server's cpu is too high to complete your request. :P

Should be ok now. It's only at 2%. :unsure:

Guest Jdawg

It has been like that ever since it has came back up. I have to try repeatedly to get downloads. It will say waiting for a reply from nsaneproductions, the server is buisy try again later, the connection has timed outThe connection has timed out

The server at proxy.nsaneproductions.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

But after about 4 - 5 tries it will finally work. I have made no changes to either of my 2 computers in months I never had any problems before we had the little server problem. It really is nothing more than a little annoying to me it just takes a bit longer to get downloads. I figured that the problem might just go away on its own like these problems sometimes do, but it hasnt.

If you need server upgrades I am sure that there are a lot of us out here like me that would be very willing make a donation. It is just an offer of thanks not a hand out. Because there are a lot of people that I personally know that really appreciate what you guys do.

• 3 months later...

If you have ZoneAlarm and can't access the downloads:

1) Go to the Privacy tab

2) Click on Main

3) Turn cookie control off

I was encountering the same problem but managed to fix it all by myself :fist:

• 1 month later...
Guest gangster money

Hey homies, I just wanted to let someone know that When i try to download the k-lite Mega Codec pack 1.60 final, I'm taken to a page that says

If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.

instead of the download...by the way big ups to Nsane from a first time poster

gmoney

Guest a seeker

Hi there,

I've been trying to download the K-Lite v2.7.2 Final and whenever I click on a downlad link specially the nsane install, all I'm geting is this webpage:

Great Success !

Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.

ATTENTION!

If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.

About cPanel:

cPanel is a leading provider of software for the webhosting industry. If you would like to learn more about cPanel please visit our website at www.cpanel.net. Please be advised that cPanel Inc. is not a web hosting company, and as such has no control over content found elsewhere on this site.

About Apache HTTP Server:

The Apache HTTP Server is an open source web server which powers many of the worlds web sites. The Apache HTTP server is part of the Apache Group's many influential projects. Their efforts have helped shape much the world wide web, and they continue to be a dominating force in the web hosting industry.

Is the link down permanently or what? thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Paul

http://proxy.nsanedown.com/proxy.ph...layer221950.rar

A connection could not be made with the file server, please try again later.

Firefox 2.0.0.3

Windows Firewall (SP2)

Kaspersky AV 7.0.0.60

Tried snooping around in the Windows Firewall advanced settings; couldn't find anything pertaining to refering/referals/referers.

Option to disable Windows Firewall is grayed out... :battle:

• 1 month later...

McAfee Stand-Alone Virus Scanner [2007-05-14] missing

UltimateDefrag 1.54 missing

PeerWeb DC++ 0.41 missing

• 4 months later...

Downloads seems to be offline WHY???????????????? getting message, We are sorry, but currently the nsane.down website is currently offline. It will return in the nearest future. Is this true if so when is back on.

Oh, so the website works, just not the downloads? k.

Because I kept getting this error while trying to download:

"There was an error connecting to the file database, please try again later."

yes...this is due to the proxy's offline time...rest assured the nsane staff is working on bringing it back up :)

...then the downloads will work...

1. what web browser are you using?

2. what firewall are you using, check in the system tray (next to the clock)?

check in the options of both and look for something along the lines of "block referals", "referer block", or "stealth mode" and disable it ;)

edit: moved to feedback and pinned, i know alot of people are ganna be asking about this :)

pps: Outpost users are now warned specificly if the option is enabled

How the heck do you get the downloads to work if you're using Eset Smart Security? Can't see any of the above suggestions in the ESS config panel?

• 4 weeks later...

When I try to download anything off of the proxy.nsanedown.com website I get the error:

A connection could not be made with the file server, please try again later.

:(

Edit: Problem will be fixed soon.

Soon = Valve time? :rockon: ( http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time )

Firefox 2.0.0.11

ESET Smart Security 3.0.566.0

GET:

"We have detected you are blocking referal requests, some downloads may not work as a result!

Please check your browser, firewall, and/or proxy settings to make sure referals are properly sent."

• Administrator

Your reffer issue something different to the issue with the proxy.

Look for options relating to "refferer loggging" in both your web browser and firewall.

Is the proxy server still down? I'm getting the same:

"A connection could not be made with the file server, please try again later."

as everyone else.

Guest Guest_Coors_*

ya same problem here also i have a site with some real good bandwith if i need to mirror just let me know

• Matt featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Matt unpinned this topic

Archived