Microsoft Vista means you need new monitors!

Guest CrisIsDef

Guest CrisIsDef
Microsoft Vista means you need new monitors

Vista doesn't like most monitors

By Nick Farrell: Wednesday 03 August 2005, 07:33

EVERYTIME Microsoft releases a new version of its operating system, someone points out that it will involve the wholesale scrapping of existing hardware.

Going through the specs of Vista it looks like you will not only probably need a new PC, but it will be time to splash out on a new monitor too.

According to a US tech consultant Stephen Speicher, Vista will make protected digital content all fuzzy unless it is viewed on high bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) compatible monitor.

He said that the number of people whose display is equipped with HDCP are so rare that it would take a special distributed screen saver to find them.

The missing technology is Protected Video Path - Output Protection Management and while it is a de facto standard for display copy-protection in televisions, so far it has not made much of an impact in the computer display market.

Amongst those that will not have it are the people who spent shedloads impressing their friends with their new Dell UltraSharp super sexy 2405FPW widescreen display.

originally from The Inquirer

i found this out a while ago but damn! :ph34r:

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be a way around it,always some guy figures it out.Like windows vista ,when I read about its relase the second day there was a torrent with average 1 mb/s.lol

I doubt very much Microsoft will ship out a product where the majority of people find difficulty in viewing it. This sounds like rubbish to be quite honest.

I doubt very much Microsoft will ship out a product where the majority of people find difficulty in viewing it. This sounds like rubbish to be quite honest.

Exactly. Most people are probably going to just :ph34r: it anyway.

Archived