ESET V3 Fix(es)

shought

Working fixes for ESET V3: Marsufix 2.5, NodLogin, NodEnabler. All provided on our frontpage.

Lite just closed Part 2 due to the fact the topic started to get too big. So from now on you can continue the discussion about the various fixes for ESET here.

For the people who use/test the various fixes:

You can check if there are new (signature database) updates for your ESET product here or here.

Don't post here to say 'something is wrong' when your ESET is just one update behind and wait at least 60 minutes after boot before posting such a thing too.

If you already know which fix you want and want to download it you can go here(ESET Ultimate Topic).

Note: If you find some fix not listed in the ESET Ultimate Topic please make a post there or PM me with information about that particular fix.

For the people who are making fixes(or the people that want to 'request' new things in fixes/have ideas on a new fix, but aren't qualified to make it):

I think we should concentrate on making one fix that will work in nearly every case. The concept is already here(I posted it some hours ago in the previous threads), it's just a shame I'm to ignorant to create it myself. So I hope others will.

Here's the concept:

In my opinion Marsufix is the best fix for times when the update servers are fine and yours is preferable when they are not. I think it would be a good idea to create a fix that works all-round. Do you see where I'm heading? If you(makers of the fixes) would combine your powers and create a fix that would use Marsufix as the main fix and Generador as the backup fix. (It could work somewhat like the License finder(Marko's), you'd check the ESET site for ThreatSense updates and when ones ESET would be two updates behind it would use Generador instead of Marsufix.) Then again when Generador doesn't work(two updates missed) it could change back to Marsufix. You should however take into account that Generador nor Marsufix will be able to update when a PC is shut down, so therefore it should wait a minimum of 75(60+15 minutes to be sure) minutes before it would change to another fix.

I know this might be some difficult coding I ask of you and I don't know how difficult, I don't create software myself, I can merely think of the concepts. If any of you would want to make such a fix, please do so in contact with me and let me join in the Beta testing ;) If a fix like this could be created, we'd outsmart ESET forever. (Only instance where it would not work is when there is no key in the Generador database and the trial servers are experiencing problems, to work around that one should also include something like an Alternative Update Server(which we had in the past, but is now no longer available)).

Conclusion: kaspersky and marsupilami put your heads together and create one universal always working fix! Hint, hint :P Btw: Marsu also created exactly the same thing as you did kaspersky, I'm beta testing that one right now, but I expect the same results due to the fact it only relies on Generador.

As I come to think of it, combining Marsufix and Generador isn't really that hard is it(I don't know if this would give any complications, but here's my idea). You could make ESET update from the update folder(Generador) by default and then check if the system is two updates behind, if it is wait 75 minutes and check again, if it is still behind change update folder into one(or all) of ESET's update servers. This way you always get you updates(except for the unlikely situation that there are both no licenses available and the servers are experiencing problems, I guess that's the price you have to pay for not paying :P).

I've put some more thought in it and came to the conclusion that this could also be done using NodLogin instead of Generador, it's just what is more easy to code/has the least disadvantages.

It would be best to use Generador/NodLogin as the 'default' fix and Marsufix as the backup. Because if you would use Marsufix as the default you wouldn't get Module updates, with Generador/NodLogin you do.

I'll put a time line in for you guys(from system boot)(all time intervals are speculation)(Generador/NodLogin should be default at boot, always):

• Use Generador(every 30 minutes)/NodLogin(any time).
  • Check ESET update site.
  • Two updates missed?
  • Check ESET update site again in 75 minutes.
  • Still no updates?
  • Use Marsufix and instant update.
  • 5 minute wait.
  • Revert to Generador/NodLogin.
  • Check ESET update site.
  • so on, so on...

• Replies 364
  • Views 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my opinion Marsufix is the best fix for times when the update servers are fine and yours is preferable when they are not. I think it would be a good idea to create a fix that works all-round. Do you see where I'm heading?

I do see it, but.. since generador does download the commercial updates (eventually converting your "trial" into a "commercial" version), I would be an irreversible operation, I may be wrong but Marsu works perfectly on trial versions, not commercials, so once you go to the "backup" you can never go back.

It's just a theory and as such it might be wrong, I think i'll have some free time this weekend, I'll get Marsu working and then get to Generador and back to Marsu to check if it continues updating.

In my opinion Marsufix is the best fix for times when the update servers are fine and yours is preferable when they are not. I think it would be a good idea to create a fix that works all-round. Do you see where I'm heading?

I do see it, but.. since generador does download the commercial updates (eventually converting your "trial" into a "commercial" version), I would be an irreversible operation, I may be wrong but Marsu works perfectly on trial versions, not commercials, so once you go to the "backup" you can never go back.

It's just a theory and as such it might be wrong, I think i'll have some free time this weekend, I'll get Marsu working and then get to Generador and back to Marsu to check if it continues updating.

I think it will work anyway, since Marsu gave me his Beta of a fix combining his with Generador, it just doesn't show the trial, but there has to be a work around. There always is.

I think it will work anyway, since Marsu gave me his Beta of a fix combining his with Generador, it just doesn't show the trial, but there has to be a work around. There always is.

I'm sure there is. ;)

What about using Nodlogin and NodEnabler together? Can they work hand in hand?

How does NodEnabler work, what does it do?

Not sure, I think it make use of websites to get user/pass for updating. If combine with Nodlogin, when one does not work, the other will take over.

Both use user/pass for updating, therefore, you should have a retail version instead of trial.

To convert a trial to retail should be no problem, but a retail to trial might face some problem (My opinion). Maybe it could be done!

Not sure, I think it make use of websites to get user/pass for updating. If combine with Nodlogin, when one does not work, the other will take over.

Both use user/pass for updating, therefore, you should have a retail version instead of trial.

To convert a trial to retail should be no problem, but a retail to trial might face some problem (My opinion). Maybe it could be done!

But isn't NodEnabler using the same license database ad NodLogin is? If so it would be useless to combine them...

@kaspersky does Generador store the updates in C:\update by default or does it store the updates in X:\.....\.....\.....\(Directory where Generador.exe is located)? If yes you could ask in what folder to install Generador(make it Program Files\Generador by default) and after the pick has been made you can adjust ESET to update from that folder, right?

But isn't NodEnabler using the same license database ad NodLogin is? If so it would be useless to combine them...

NodLogin you have one person who are collecting logins and puting them on a Server that relays it back to NodLogin were NodEnabler gets its LOGIN from webpages what I like about GetValid_V2 is unlike the others if needed you can open it search net for other Webpages that have LogIns and replace it with working ones if the pages stop working.

But I have a ? for you guys is 10 pages the max you can put in GetValid_V2

Try this one here (Dasumo.Fix 3.2 = 30/31 days left) ; Same as Marsu.Fix 2.5.

Uploaded............................. MediaFire.com

ShareCode........................../download.php?8wvukhw5own

--------------------------------------------------------

NodEnabler 2.6 promised by the creators for this Week-End.

---------------------------------------------------------

cheers

Jofre

I think getting keys from 10 webpage is enough...

It's not like all 10 webpage will go offline at the same time...

------------------------------------

I got 17 till this moment and nobody knows how many still exist one year from now. Maybe none...(?). So, the more you can get, the better ( for NodEnabler or DenniZ.Fix ).

NodLogin you have one person who are collecting logins and puting them on a Server that relays it back to NodLogin were NodEnabler gets its LOGIN from webpages

Agreed with the concept, only one comment, there is not "logins" in NodLogin, it just uses one at the time, if the author forgets to update it, NodLogin just doesn't work (a thing that has ocurred some time ago, the author could not find/didn't have time to put a new key and all NodLogins responded with an error stating that no new key was found and they had to wait several hours). Both NodEnabler and GetValidID don't have this flaw.

But I have a ? for you guys is 10 pages the max you can put in GetValid_V2

Mhh... I just did a quick code check, but I don't see any problem with you adding more pages to the IdUrl array in GetValidID. :rolleyes:

Mhh... I just did a quick code check, but I don't see any problem with you adding more pages to the IdUrl array in GetValidID. ;)

Jofre can we get all of the 17 sites so we can add it to GetValid_V2?

Would this then check all 17 sites at the same time?

Would this affect GetValid_V2 performance?

Mhh... I just did a quick code check, but I don't see any problem with you adding more pages to the IdUrl array in GetValidID. ;)

Jofre can we get all of the 17 sites so we can add it to GetValid_V2?

Would this then check all 17 sites at the same time?

Would this affect GetValid_V2 performance?

------------------------------------------------

I`ll send you all by PM. Not allowed to post addresses here. Going to upload now.

I already sent them to NodEnabler creators and they picked up a few.

Yes, it checks for a valid license and performance will not be affected.

-----------------------------------------------

OK ! Check PM now !

cheers

Jofre

I got 17 till this moment and nobody knows how many still exist one year from now. Maybe none...(?). So, the more you can get, the better ( for NodEnabler or DenniZ.Fix ).

yeah, 17 is certainly desirable.

the Generador and NodLogin with the definition update (3440) NOD32 is catching as a trojan. put it in exclusions.

Yeah my nodlogin is coming up as a Win32/ Autoit.NAV trojan by Nod32, would you guys say its just false pretenses? and that its still safe to use?

the Generador and NodLogin with the definition update (3440) NOD32 is catching as a trojan. put it in exclusions.

Yeah my nodlogin is coming up as a Win32/ Autoit.NAV trojan by Nod32, would you guys say its just false pretenses? and that its still safe to use?

100 %, it's a False Positive. Of course it is, I mean ESET doesn't want you using it so they add it to the signature database and flag it as a virus.

question

whats the reason there no denniss123123 version fix anymore nor talk about?

win xp and vista 64 are working just fine and nedd had that long virus update problem that most where having.

just wondering

:frusty: Right, NodLogin has always been classified as some 'hack' by NOD32 long before definition update 3440. It's a 'false positive' (no worries.) Not sure about Generador, though (never did use it.) :pirate:

Yes Its just a false positive It happens every time they dont update NodLogin & Generador for awhile Just put them in exclusions I tested them there still working fine . :frusty:

Setup-->Exclusions. C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\nodlogin.exe

I been checking NodLogin group no word of this or word of update for the utilities as of now :pirate:

Been busy finding new sites to put on GetValidID V2 Ive got 19 so far ^_^

Sure I got the same warning about NodLogin today. But I do recall ulisessoft asking for the folder ESET/*.* to be added to the exclusions from earlier on...

Yes Its just a false positive It happens every time they dont update NodLogin & Generador for awhile Just put them in exclusions I tested them there still working fine . :frusty:

Setup-->Exclusions. C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\nodlogin.exe

I been checking NodLogin group no word of this or word of update for the utilities as of now :pirate:

Been busy finding new sites to put on GetValidID V2 Ive got 19 so far ^_^

Please type those sites into a .TXT file and upload it to WillHostForFood or MediaFire and post the sharecode here, this way others can send you additions and, if you are willing to(otherwise I'll do it), you can add them to the file. (Do never post such sites on the forums though, just the sharecode of the .TXT file). I take it you know how to use sharecodes? If not ask me for an explanation.

Archived