[OLD] ESET Fixes

DKT27

These notes are quoted from Eset Forum : :idea:

Eset v6 Hips driver does not work on windows 8.1
Eset Beta 7 Beta 2 is not fully compatible with the new update of windows 8 to 8.1 yet

So the best thing to do now is WAITING FOR A NEW ESET (V6 | V7) PRODUCT UPDATE :rolleyes:

HIPS is now enabled for version 6, i installed 8.1 yesterday and installed the latest version 6 of NOD32. i then enabled pre release software and seen this morning that HIPS is now enabled

Eset Beta 7 Beta 2 is not fully compatible with the new update of windows 8 to 8.1 yet

So the best thing to do now is WAITING FOR A NEW ESET (V6 | V7) PRODUCT UPDATE :rolleyes:

HIPS is now enabled for version 6, i installed 8.1 yesterday and installed the latest version 6 of NOD32. i then enabled pre release software and seen this morning that HIPS is now enabled

How you have enable pre release software?

Ulisess Seguridad 10.5.0

After using this i received the following error msg :

4hTDGwh.jpg

How do I solve this issue so I can activate ESS plz?

thx

Edited by bruinator

Ulisess Seguridad 10.5.0

4hTDGwh.jpg

thx

Can i get some help with this plz. thx

Ulisess Seguridad 10.5.0

4hTDGwh.jpg

thx

Can i get some help with this plz. thx

You could try to take ownership of destination folder, or whole directory.

Good luck!

may I ask how can I download that version 6?

using 5.0.2214.4 ESET endpoint security now, cannot enable HIPS in Windows 8.1pro

HIPS cant enable in Windows 8.1 is most likely a known-issue somewhere along the line for Version 5...

Just install NOD32 6.0 w/ latest build and u should be fine... there's no true need for Endpoint Security when NOD32 protects pretty much in the same manner...

how to download eset update manually and then update eset

use tnod to download username/password and download update offline here

extract it to somewhere, ex: D:\ESETupdate

use PCHunter to edit registry or edit in safemode:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info

PackageFeatures value:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus, change to 0

ESET Smart Security, change to 1

Open ESET, press F5, update, edit

type the path: D:\ESETupdate

OK

Now you can update offline

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question. I was trying to update yesterday from v4.xx to v6.xx (to be honest I don't even know if thats a good idea. All I wanted was to test that "gaming mode" I read about)

The thing is, obviously I uninstalled v4.xx (even used the ESET removal tool after uninstalling) and then tried installing version 6. with box-mara fix (the latest one) the fix didn't pickup when I started the installation, I had to fix it POST reboot....

I was wondering, IS this a known bug? Is this how it should work? Did I miss something?

Thanks.

PD: Also, as a "bonus question" I was wodnering If you would recommend migrating for version 4 to 6? ]I mean, is this "gaming mode" enough to change from a version I KNOW WORKS to one I haven't tried (and probably is heavier in resources)

Thanks again.

*EDIT* Does it matter that I used the "original" live installer instead of the *.msi file provided by nsane? Am I supposed to use the offline installer for the fix to work at install?

Edited by sideskroll

Does TNOD works with Nod32 self-defense active? It seems that Eset self-defense is very weak :mellow:

Does TNOD works with Nod32 self-defense active? It seems that Eset self-defense is very weak :mellow:

TNOD only inserts/finds keys, not relative to self-defense

Edited by ns870152

TNOD only inserts/finds keys, not relative to self-defense

Malware writers can exploit this method to avoid Nod32 updates and detection in a near future.

FBI Ransomware can make the most of this ...

Maybe it isnt a big deal anyway

Edited by NightWalker

Malware writers can exploit this method to avoid Nod32 updates and detection in a near future.

ESET is the best for personal computer, not for FBI, NASA, Bank...

No malware wants to do anything harmfully to ESET because it is very friendly :D

Edited by ns870152

ESET is the best for personal computer, not for FBI, NASA, Bank...

No malware wants to do anything harmfully to ESET because it is very friendly :D

Oh dude ... :lol:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3140&locale=en_US

http://www.welivesecurity.com/2012/08/20/fbi-ransomware-reveton-seeks-moneypak-payment-in-the-name-of-the-law/

Hey guys!! It's a pleasure to be here (sorry for my bad english because i don't speak it well).

I've subscripted this forum because, checking ESET Boxmara Fix 1.6.exe on virustotal, i saw 30/48 that says: this is a virus.

I red about autoit in an old post, so, somebody said that all these bad detections are caused by autoit. Ok... but, the question is, why do you not release fix's source code to ensure all users that your code is not infected by any malicious part?

Another question is: why the hell some skilled programmers like you (i'm not kidding you, i think it for real) that certainly program and develope application under linux, are interested to create a fix like this that "cure" an application that run under a different os?

Sorry for stupid questions but i'm very curious! Bye to all!

Edited by andrew82