Router Problems

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Ok I just recently purchased a new computer... Yeah I did make a thread about my Problems/TroubleshootingPRoblems/Troubleshooting

And I decided to just have my Friend completely build me a new computer from Scratch...

But now the new problem I have is ticking me off and my Friend can't resolve it either...

I bought a Router(Not Wireless) {D-Link DI-604} and it worked temporarily for like 30 minutes... And then my DSL died... and when it came back online... The 'Internet' Light wouldn't 'react/come active' and so then I plugged the Main Ethernet Cable back to my Computer and it worked just fine and then I REPlugged it to the Router and then ever since... I can't use the Router properly anymore... And I did everything the Manual says and all.. But I can't get the Router to work... So now I am just using my Primary Connection and the Router is just 'there' for 'Looks'..

So I don't know what the problem this time... =/

And I KNOW that I am not really providing enough information so if you need more let me know since I don't really know what else to give...

Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried the reset button? Have you tried unplugging it for 10 seconds then plugging it back in? What exactly have you tried?

SacredCultivator

I have tried BOTH resetting the Router AND DSL Modem... That didn't do anything since the Internet Light wouldn't show up when I used EITHER computer to access the Internet...

And Unplugging I tried for BOTH Router/DSL Modem also, same thing...

I also tried just using the Ethernet Cable from Modem to my MAIN Computer and let it run normally and it works.. Then unplugging it to reconnect to Router and then attach the other Ethernet Cable from Router but that just did nothing... Internet Light is on but no Activity...

Have you checked the settings using a browser on your PC?

What cables are you using, eg RJ-45, Crossover etc...? And where are they all connected to?

SacredCultivator
Have you checked the settings using a browser on your PC?

What cables are you using, eg RJ-45, Crossover etc...? And where are they all connected to?

^Say what? Lol sorry I don't know wtf you meant by that...

Is your DSL working correctly? Contacted your DSL supplier?

^Yes my DSL is working correctly... When I plug the Ethernet Cable from DSL Modem to Computer works just fine... But plug it into the Router and dead =/^

Return the router to the store. You should be able to. If you cant, contact the company of the router. Get a new one, preferably Linksys. Never had a problem with those.

Ok I just recently purchased a new computer... Yeah I did make a thread about my Problems/TroubleshootingPRoblems/Troubleshooting

And I decided to just have my Friend completely build me a new computer from Scratch...

But now the new problem I have is ticking me off and my Friend can't resolve it either...

I bought a Router(Not Wireless) {D-Link DI-604} and it worked temporarily for like 30 minutes... And then my DSL died... and when it came back online... The 'Internet' Light wouldn't 'react/come active' and so then I plugged the Main Ethernet Cable back to my Computer and it worked just fine and then I REPlugged it to the Router and then ever since... I can't use the Router properly anymore... And I did everything the Manual says and all.. But I can't get the Router to work... So now I am just using my Primary Connection and the Router is just 'there' for 'Looks'..

So I don't know what the problem this time... =/

And I KNOW that I am not really providing enough information so if you need more let me know since I don't really know what else to give...

Thanks.

list of things to do.

did you reset router and had the router input the modem settings?

check your firewall on your computer? check your ip blocker? it might not like your dsl company.

turn everything off, turn modem on, then router then computer? (10-30 seconds inbetween the turn on's.

went into your router setup and made sure its all okay. if mac adressing make sure your computers on the list.

are you using a surge protector? with the phone line for the dsl going to it? is the surge protector a new one to allow dsl broad band?

did you check your log in and password in the router settings?

oh oh oh did you put the phone line filters on every phone line in the house.

are our cords connected to the right areas?

^^

God I love Cisco :blink: Every product I've ever bought from them has been quality

:lol: Yes, i love Cisco products. Everthing else is :lol:

SacredCultivator
list of things to do.

did you reset router and had the router input the modem settings? Huh?

check your firewall on your computer?  check your ip blocker?  it might not like your dsl company. Don't use a Firewall so this shouldn't apply

turn everything off, turn modem on, then router then computer? (10-30 seconds inbetween the turn on's. This worked for me... But then every now and then I think it is my DSL that dies... and then I have to redo to get a stable connection

went into your router setup and made sure its all okay.  if mac adressing make sure your computers on the list. Huh?

are you using a surge protector?  with the phone line for the dsl going to it?  is the surge protector a new one to allow dsl broad band? I am using a Surge Protector, Phone line for DSL goes to another thing (Similiar to a Surge Protector), maybe

did you check your log in and password in the router settings? Yes

oh oh oh did you put the phone line filters on every phone line in the house. Yes

are our cords connected to the right areas? Yes

Archived