How to Schedule Nodlogin

KotaXor

shought: Please note: This guide is out of date and it is no longer 'accepted' to schedule NodLogin or NodEnabler since the licenses they provide will last for months.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

To those who want to make nodlogin run automatically, this is for Nod32 v4 (For new version of Nodlogin_9.9b)

Instruction on how to install Nodlogin in Nod32 to enable autoupdate virus definition

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Install Nod32 without user name and password.

2) Run 'setup.exe'(install hidden mode).

3) Go in Eset UI, Tools > Scheduler and then "Add"

4) Run external application

5) Taskname "Nodlogin" and Run the task Event triggered.

6) Event to trigger task:"Successful update of the virus signature database"

7) Run task as soon as possible

:unsure: In "Run application" window, browse to nodlogin.exe:

(C:\Program Files\UlisesSoft\nodlogin.exe)

In "Work folder" window,

(C:\Program Files\UlisesSoft)

Click OK.

9) Go in Eset UI again, to Tools > Scheduler and then "Add"

10) Run external application

11) Taskname "Nodlogin" and Run the task Event triggered.

12) Event to trigger task:"Successful update of program components"

13) Run task as soon as possible

14) In "Run application" window, browse to nodlogin.exe

(C:\Program Files\UlisesSoft\nodlogin.exe)

In "Work folder" windows,

(C:\Program Files\UlisesSoft)

Click OK.

That's it, nodlogin should run as and when required.

PS: This scheduling method should work for MiNODLogin and NodEnabler also, except that you need to browse to the location of the .exe for "Run application" and "Work folder"

• Replies 128
  • Views 128.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nodlogin rulz :unsure:, i've been using it for the past month, and i gotta say it's the best :)

hmm, now that i think about i should also add nodlogin to the fp listings and make a reference to this post as how to use it...one q though, does it also work with ESS, coz i only use EAV because ESS's firewall is bs

yes, nodlogin also work with ESS.

and ESS firewall isn't bad, if you use the interactive mode.

he will ask you if anything try to connect to the net, or try to use unusual port.

he will also ask you if a .exe change.(only in interactive mode)

he doesn't have HIPS protection (Host Intrusion Prevention System), unlike Comodo firewall, but i think ESS do a pretty good job, IF you use INTERACTIVE MODE. and if you want HIPS, you can add another software to do it.

you can also add this one...

1) Go in Eset UI, Tools > Scheduler and then click "Add"

2) Run external application

3) Taskname "Nodlogin" and Run the task many times. (Any Taskname will do, you can use your own)

4) Interval:"you can put 30, 60 minutes or more if you want" (i use 55 minutes)

5) Run task as soon as possible

OK

In "Run application" window, browse to nodlogin.exe:

(Executable file C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\nodlogin.exe)

In "Work folder" window,

(C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus )

Click OK.

Nodlogin suppose to work in EAV, ESS and Nod32 v2.xx too.

Maybe someone can try it and see whether it works on Nod32.v2xx

Some of you might not even want to see nodlogin working, ie balloon tips

At taskbar, right-click and choose Properties.

Next, click 'Customize' at the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties.

Click on nodlogin.exe and choose 'Always hide'

Click on OK, Apply and OK

From now on, nodlogin will not show a balloon tips upon activation. It will work behind the scene and update as per normal.

You will only see the virus definition update balloon.

enjoy.

i think that mine is always hidden by default, coz ever since the install i never saw it again

From now on, nodlogin will not show a balloon tips upon activation. It will work behind the scene and update as per normal.

enjoy.

This is unnecessary if you install in "hidden mode". You'll see it once after install and then you won't see it anymore as it runs in the background.

BTW, why the need to schedule nodlogin as in this stickies ? After install, nodlogin always runs at computer startup and isn't this enough ? Why run it again after successful virus definition and program components updates ? I think this is unnecessary and a overkill.

Why would you use Nodlogin as opposed to the marsu fix?

With Marsu you dont have to do anything other than install it correct?

Why would you use Nodlogin as opposed to the marsu fix?

With Marsu you dont have to do anything other than install it correct?

You have no problems updating with Marsu-FiX ? ;)

BTW, why the need to schedule nodlogin as in this stickies ? After install, nodlogin always runs at computer startup and isn't this enough ? Why run it again after successful virus definition and program components updates ? I think this is unnecessary and a overkill.

Imagine your computer running 24/7 ;)

Topic Pinned

keep up da good work guys ;)

enjoy.

This is unnecessary if you install in "hidden mode". You'll see it once after install and then you won't see it anymore as it runs in the background.

Sometime even in hidden mode, you will still see the balloon tips of nodlogin. This is just in case ppl don't like to see it working.

If yours is not showing, then good for you.

By default, Nod32 will update every hour, as such it is required to run nodlogin in case the user/pass does not work.

If you don' t required it to run hourly, then I guess it's OK not to schedule it especially if your computer is on for less than an hour each time.

Not forgetting that once in a while there is program module update too.

Thank you for your suggestion and comment.

By default, Nod32 will update every hour, as such it is required to run nodlogin in case the user/pass does not work.

If you don' t required it to run hourly, then I guess it's OK not to schedule it especially if your computer is on for less than an hour each time.

Not forgetting that once in a while there is program module update too.

In my hidden mode, I do not see any ballon tips at all :pirate:

But the schedule is to run the nodlogin AFTER a successful update of the virus definition or program components.

By default, NOD32 runs its updates hourly and if the user/pass does not work and the update is NOT successful, does nodlogin runs to retrieve a new user pass ?

Is that how the schedule works ;)

Every time you update, nodlogin gets you a new license, so it's constantly changing the license.

You won't have problems updating with it.

I am running NAV 3 on about 8 computers right now with only Marsu. Since the release of 3.0, no issues. However I have noticed that I have to reinstall Marsu after the first restart. Thats it though. After that it works flawlessly.

I am running NAV 3 on about 8 computers right now with only Marsu. Since the release of 3.0, no issues. However I have noticed that I have to reinstall Marsu after the first restart. Thats it though. After that it works flawlessly.

Did not come across this problem before, Marsu fix should works fine after initial restart.

Before I move forward to choose either nologin or Marsu, lets clarify one thing.

If im running 2.70.39 stably with over 16 million days left, is there any good reason to consider upgrade to the 3.0.672 version?

Before I move forward to choose either nologin or Marsu, lets clarify one thing.

If im running 2.70.39 stably with over 16 million days left, is there any good reason to consider upgrade to the 3.0.672 version?

No....stay with 2.70.39. It's still the best NOD32 version around despite its younger siblings with version 3's :)

I think its a matter of hardware, if you have a slow computer(like one of mine) then use 2.7.

• 3 weeks later...

hi, my first post here, I used the 2.5 nod to a long time but then started using avg, but not liked, so I went to use the nod then downloaded the new version but I remember that in version 2.5 was so installing the fix and ready. but in version 3, is required nodlogin, my doubts are:

1 - the order of installation is: nod without user login and password and without rebooting, marsu fix, restart, nodlogin

2 - I am not obliged to do the autopilot nodlogin as required in the tutorial right? I do not let my pc connected 24 hours, is that I did not understand right now what to do nodlogin :(

thanx and btw sorry my bad english

hi, my first post here, I used the 2.5 nod to a long time but then started using avg, but not liked, so I went to use the nod then downloaded the new version but I remember that in version 2.5 was so installing the fix and ready. but in version 3, is required nodlogin, my doubts are:

1 - the order of installation is: nod without user login and password and without rebooting, marsu fix, restart, nodlogin

2 - I am not obliged to do the autopilot nodlogin as required in the tutorial right? I do not let my pc connected 24 hours, is that I did not understand right now what to do nodlogin :(

thanx and btw sorry my bad english

Don't quite understand, "after installing nod without user/pass, marsufix, nodlogin."

If you use marsu fix, don't need to install nodlogin.

If you use nodlogin, don't need to install marsufix.

The choice is yours, but use only one.

Marsu fix make use of trial servers, Nodlogin make use of commerical server.

As for you last question, yes, there is no need to schedule if you are not connected most of the time.

Archived