Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

• Administrator
On 7/30/2019 at 7:28 PM, rach said:

Would you update GIMP logo? thank you :lol:

Done. Rather not so noticeable change I must mention.

If you have any other suggestions then do let us know about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't seen WizTree in our listings, why not consider adding it as it's a freeware which brings immediate value.

Showed it to the guys at work and we've been using it to pinpoint where the files that are taking up the most space are ever since.

Homepage: Antibody-Software

WizTree is a hard drive disk space analyser similar to WinDirStat but is MUCH faster.

Works on 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10

Features:

• Finds the files and folders using the most space on your hard drive
  • VERY Fast! WizTree reads the master file table (MFT) directly from NTFS formatted hard drives (similar to the way Everything Search Engine works)
  • Visual Treemap allows you to spot large files and large collections of smaller files at a glance
  • Finds the largest files on your hard drive. Every single file on your hard drive can be sorted in order of size.
  • File Name Search - quickly locate files by name or wildcard match
  • Export file data to CSV (comma separated values) file or clipboard
  • Import CSV file data back into WizTree for viewing
  • Command line CSV file export
  • Sort the contents of your entire hard drive by folder size and optionally delete files and folders
  • Scan ALL hard drive file system types (NTFS, FAT, FAT32, network, etc) and/or individual folders

wiztree%20treemap[1].jpg

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Marik said:

Haven't seen WizTree in our listings, why not consider adding it as it's a freeware which brings immediate value.

Showed it to the guys at work and we've been using it to pinpoint where the files that are taking up the most space are ever since.

We will surely look into it.

If approved, however, it will take time to frontpage as we still have a big backlog of new softwares needing frontpage.

I'm also thinking about removing some outdated ones from FP but need some suggestions for which of them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was about to start a new thread when I seen this one already started...suits good for my post.

Concerning the RSU function of this forum...

I wish that members could NOT "Wright a public message on another members feed"...seems to me that Recent Status Update would be made by the account holder and no one else, if the account holder initializes an RSU then and only then could other members comment on the feed. 

another thing I wish...is that if you choose to ignore someone that the member being ignored would be unable to follow you, or some other option to let some follow while not allowing others to follow. In its current state (staff notwithstanding) the "follow" function is an "all or nothing" proposition.

Thank You.

Edited by frankl1n

On 8/20/2019 at 1:05 AM, Marik said:

So many progs already have this feature as a component...ccleaner for example...Tools>Disk Analyzer...can do about everything that WizTree can ....

the "why not" would be called redundancy

• Administrator
20 hours ago, frankl1n said:

I was about to start a new thread when I seen this one already started...suits good for my post.

Concerning the RSU function of this forum...

I wish that members could NOT "Wright a public message on another members feed"...seems to me that Recent Status Update would be made by the account holder and no one else, if the account holder initializes an RSU then and only then could other members comment on the feed. 

another thing I wish...is that if you choose to ignore someone that the member being ignored would be unable to follow you, or some other option to let some follow while not allowing others to follow. In its current state (staff notwithstanding) the "follow" function is an "all or nothing" proposition.

Thank You.

The only available option from IPS is either enable or disable the status update RSU, and the same option for the follow function. I will suggest your ideas to IPS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrator
19 hours ago, frankl1n said:

So many progs already have this feature as a component...ccleaner for example...Tools>Disk Analyzer...can do about everything that WizTree can ....

the "why not" would be called redundancy

I must mention, WizTree is already added to FP though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, SnakeOnATrain said:

ConvertXtoDVD 7.0.0.68

Hi.

ConvertXtoDVD is available HERE on nsanedown.

However, Beta versions are not available via nsanedown.

If a member does create a topic for a Beta release of ConvertXtoDVD, you will see it on the Software Updates forum only.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 12/7/2019 at 2:31 PM, rach said:

I just read this. Regarding SumatraPDF,  it is still on development as I see here

Another software you may consider to remove from nsanedown are Combined Community Codec PackCoreAVC

Thanks for the suggestions. Appreciate them. We have relisted the first software, removed the third one, as for the second one, we will give it a time before removing it. @T3rM1nat0Rr3 deserves the credit for doing it.

I see he has already made a post explaining it.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Why do I think Privazer should be posted on Frontpage :-

Privazer is a secure / safe (freeware). An excellent cleaner .

PrivaZer is a free file cleaner that helps you control your security and freedom at home and at work. PrivaZer permanently and unrecoverable removes any unwanted traces of your past activity on the computer and on storage devices (USB sticks, external drives, etc.) which prevents other people from recovering what you have done, watched, transmitted , visited on the Internet, which will also report valuable hard disk space and keeping your PC running unattended.

It incorporates one of the largest lists of locations and cleaning, support for portable browsers, and options for adding custom cleaning locations in advanced mode.

On the other hand, the program interface is not the easiest to work with, even in the basic mode. The main reason for this is that it is divided into several option screens that you have to pass. A more aerodynamic design like CCleaner's to work wonders on the popularity of the application.

It has a portable version that does not need installation and consists of options to add custom folders to cleaning in advanced mode. Deleted files are overwritten to prevent data recovery.

I have been using this software for years and never caused any kind of problems.

Mine is Windows 10 x64.

Other opinions are welcome .

Edited by Abacaxi
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Kalju said:

I personally have a completely different opinion of you.

Hope you are talking about a different opinion about Privazer than you. 

Scary if this place becomes a discussion board about member's personal opinions about other members.  The thought alone is nauseating.

Edited by aum

• Administrator
On 1/20/2020 at 10:53 PM, Abacaxi said:

Why do I think Privazer should be posted on Frontpage :-

Privazer is a secure / safe (freeware). An excellent cleaner .

PrivaZer is a free file cleaner that helps you control your security and freedom at home and at work. PrivaZer permanently and unrecoverable removes any unwanted traces of your past activity on the computer and on storage devices (USB sticks, external drives, etc.) which prevents other people from recovering what you have done, watched, transmitted , visited on the Internet, which will also report valuable hard disk space and keeping your PC running unattended.

It incorporates one of the largest lists of locations and cleaning, support for portable browsers, and options for adding custom cleaning locations in advanced mode.

On the other hand, the program interface is not the easiest to work with, even in the basic mode. The main reason for this is that it is divided into several option screens that you have to pass. A more aerodynamic design like CCleaner's to work wonders on the popularity of the application.

It has a portable version that does not need installation and consists of options to add custom folders to cleaning in advanced mode. Deleted files are overwritten to prevent data recovery.

I have been using this software for years and never caused any kind of problems.

Mine is Windows 10 x64.

Other opinions are welcome .

Thanks for the suggestion. We will look into it.

I personally have stopped using such softwares from years though.

On 1/21/2020 at 4:23 AM, Abacaxi said:

Mine is Windows 10 x64.

Same here have used this for a long time with no problems IMO the best replacement for CCleaner.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A linux OS I recommend for anyone still using very old computers is AntiX, based on Debian  https://antixlinux.com/

Works on my non PAE Celeron M laptop with just under 1GB of Ram, and still manages to look good and be easy to use for non experts.

I've tried so many on this ancient laptop that don't run I thought I'd suggest it. Also Lubuntu but it's slower and is included in the Ubuntu flavours listing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
zanderthunder

On top of Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Drivers which are already featured on frontpage software updates, I suggest to include Nvidia GeForce Studio Drivers as well for the frontpage software updates.

The Studio Driver is aimed for artists, creators and developers to provide the best performance and reliability when working with creative applications. The Studio Driver however, are only supported on graphic cards under GTX 10xx and 16xx series, and also RTX 20xx series.

• Administrator
On 2/28/2020 at 12:25 AM, zanderthunder said:

On top of Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Drivers which are already featured on frontpage software updates, I suggest to include Nvidia GeForce Studio Drivers as well for the frontpage software updates.

The Studio Driver is aimed for artists, creators and developers to provide the best performance and reliability when working with creative applications. The Studio Driver however, are only supported on graphic cards under GTX 10xx and 16xx series, and also RTX 20xx series.

I did some background check and it seems that the download page for both the downloads are the same. While I can see both are not always released together. But big problem is, most common users might not need those drivers. So I do not know what would be our userbase who would benefit from us adding them.

Having said, they are still relatively new ones. Lets see how common they become. If they do, we will list them. Thanks for bring it to our attention to them.

• Like 2