Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

• Administrator
7 hours ago, TrojanK said:

The let us know! link in the frontpage could be made to point to a topic (instead of a forum) like https://www.nsaneforums.com/?showtopic=1353

Reveal hidden contents

For many reasons, this one is fine as it is and should remain the same I think.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, sandman117 said:

Hi, I suggest splitting Software-Giveaways into PC and Android sections

Thanks and good wishes

Thanks for the suggestion. We will think about it.

On 12/24/2018 at 5:44 PM, DKT27 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. We will think about it.

Or put a giveaway link in the mobile news section that's the heading above software news, thanks for listening

• Administrator
On 12/26/2018 at 1:54 PM, sandman117 said:

Or put a giveaway link in the mobile news section that's the heading above software news, thanks for listening

Interesting suggestion that. Please remind me again, I will try to look if it's possible to do so.

• Administrator
On 12/26/2018 at 1:54 PM, sandman117 said:

Just checked. Not easily possible to do so. Thing is, as Giveaways come under Software News, links to it is automatically added to the Software News top page. But as Mobile News is completely independent sub-forum and not related to Giveaways, it's not possible to do so.

We can consider another section for it in Mobile News. But right now I'm not fully sure if it's required to do so.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Cici said:

Competitions can be given separately

On our list here.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure this belongs here, but would it be possible to update the text and (proxy)link for the Loader of DVDFab?

Many thanks to ChVL for sharing his Loader with us.

As you can see at pictures below, it was last updated to 10.0.8.4 while latest version is 11.0.1.5

Info from DVDFab "What's New" about the Loader version showing on frontpage

February 28, 2018
DVDFab 10.0.8.4 Updated!

So almost one year ago, plz update.

Frontpagelink: https://www.nsanedown.com/?request=4805460

ls03rchjypg1j.0.1.5-www.nsanedown.com__r

tizwu63f.0.1.5-www.nsanedown.com__news=3

Thank You !!

Edited by Big_M
added info

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 2/4/2019 at 11:26 PM, Ecarion said:

What do you think about QuteBrowser ?

Perhaps it's too soon but it could a good idea to mention (at least) his existence of this page, no ?

Interesting one. I do not remember if I have heard about it before. Having said, it's likely most members might not be interested it in. Members however are free to post it here when a new version of it releases.

It's not possible for us to add it to that list without actually adding the whole software to nsane.down there.

• 2 weeks later...
Phragmeister

I'd like to request Mirillis Splash Player Pro for Frontpage. It's a free, robust media player that is HD/4K ready and is made easy to use for novice users.
It used to be payware software until very recently.

https://mirillis.com/free-hd-video-player

Update history - https://mirillis.com/splash-history

Please consider it, thanks.

Edited by Phragmeister

• Administrator
On 3/3/2019 at 1:54 PM, Phragmeister said:

I'd like to request Mirillis Splash Player Pro for Frontpage. It's a free, robust media player that is HD/4K ready and is made easy to use for novice users.
It used to be payware software until very recently.

https://mirillis.com/free-hd-video-player

Update history - https://mirillis.com/splash-history

Please consider it, thanks.

Thanks for suggesting. We will think about it.

• 4 weeks later...

After all WinSCP is present. That's why I don't undertsand why PuTTY is absent ?

Because according to this topic : indeed it's a (very or huge) popular software. And from my point of view, that's correct !

PS : If you need the official website :

For the 2 last link, it's a direct link to latest release.

• Administrator
On 4/5/2019 at 1:15 AM, Ecarion said:

After all WinSCP is present. That's why I don't undertsand why PuTTY is absent ?

Because according to this topic : indeed it's a (very or huge) popular software. And from my point of view, that's correct !

PS : If you need the official website :

For the 2 last link, it's a direct link to latest release.

It's certainly world famous and we can list it, but I do not know, how many people of nsane.down would individually use it.

• Administrator
On 4/8/2019 at 11:41 PM, pacyh said:

how many members used these new listings

BiglyBT 1.9.0.0

Bitwarden 1.14.0

Actually, I heard about these software after the nsane listing

The first is an followup / replacement / fork of this by the same developers. Probably the previous one's development is stopped or phased out.

As for the second one, it's an open source alternative to this. Anuraag did a lot of research on it, not for days, but for months and then concluded that it's fit to be frontpaged - we had already decided to frontpage it, anuraag just took proper time to test it properly to be sure about it. It's quite famous too.

The above is to answer why both were selected for listing. Why they are listed but PuTTY is having some consideration is important. Both are something common users might use. PuTTY on the other hand, last time I checked, is more suited for server admins. It's not that we doubt the software, it's undoubtedly the king of it's kind, but do users of our site have use for it, that is the question.

Anyway, all I am saying, we will surely think about it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A dark mode theme would surely be very welcome news to the site. It would be great if similar to the Nsane Dark that we have here, or even darker. YouTube, Reddit and many others already have it.

• Administrator
15 hours ago, aaaa said:

A dark mode theme would surely be very welcome news to the site. It would be great if similar to the Nsane Dark that we have here, or even darker. YouTube, Reddit and many others already have it.

We do have a sort of mode on nsane.down, but not fully dark mode. How to access it then. Go into Site Settings on top right of nsane.down > click on Gray link, it will change the color to Gray.

Having said, we are considering big changes / improvements to nsane.down, but doing so takes time, so nothing much can be said now about it.

• 1 month later...

maybe implement a few more BB Code on forum..

examples...  

[hide-thanks] DOWNLOAD LINKS [/hide-thanks]  

to make it that people have to like the post to see the download content link

i bet if people had to thank the post before seeing download links
there would be a lot more thanking going on...
instead of just hit and running..

Edited by lil-fella

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 10:13 AM, DKT27 said:

It's certainly world famous and we can list it, but I do not know, how many people of nsane.down would individually use it.

From my point of view, it could be a huge number. Because as today, this software is use (every day) by a lot of people (at work, studies, at home, learning, etc) specially in computing (manage a server, publish a website, discover another OS (plenty of choice for Linux), etc).

Another reason, Windows remain the main OS even today. Then it could help the people if they are looking for something else (such as a new language or a job, etc).

That's why I had decide (well let's try at least) to post this topic (it's just one attempt) and I imagine very soon we can get a result (wait and see).

Edited by Ecarion