Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

• Administrator
11 hours ago, rach said:

Wish for logo update for LibreOffice :)

The default one looks quite plain though. Or are you referring to the newer one which is kind of better but still plain.

Thing is, they are quite specific in what to do with logos though - they do not like people using a modified logo.

There is also a story behind the current FP logo for it though. I believe, after being frustrated with how plain the logo looked and their rules for logos, we had to find a community made logo which was better than original and we selected it. Now, it seems they have removed those community made logos from the official site though.

Still, we are open to member feedback, would you still prefer that plain logo or should we cut one out of this or let it remain the same here.

4 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Or are you referring to the newer one which is kind of better but still plain.

I was referring to this, same look with application icon, I didn't know about other available logo until you mention them. It's okay to keep the current logo.

Phragmeister

I'd like to request WinSCP for Frontpage. It's an open-source FTP client, and one of the best.

While on the subject of FTP clients, I'd also like to inform the admins of some recent drama surrounding the FTP client 'FileZilla.'

Apparently, something that was bundled with FileZilla caused a false-positive (?) and lead people to uninstall FileZilla and look for other potential FTP clients.

A lot of people recommended WinSCP and that's part of the reason I'm here requesting it. It's a great program, very easy to use and setup.

Edited by Phragmeister

So some people actively still use FTP Clients these days...

I haven't installed a FTP on my PC since 2004 (CUTE FTP )

Edited by teodz1984

I wish for post #numbers

Did nsaneforums ever have something like that?

Spoiler
On 10/22/2013 at 7:04 PM, rudrax said:

post#521

On 10/22/2013 at 7:04 PM, rudrax said:

post#524

• Administrator
On 8/20/2018 at 1:42 AM, Phragmeister said:

I'd like to request WinSCP for Frontpage. It's an open-source FTP client, and one of the best.

While on the subject of FTP clients, I'd also like to inform the admins of some recent drama surrounding the FTP client 'FileZilla.'

Apparently, something that was bundled with FileZilla caused a false-positive (?) and lead people to uninstall FileZilla and look for other potential FTP clients.

A lot of people recommended WinSCP and that's part of the reason I'm here requesting it. It's a great program, very easy to use and setup.

Thanks for reminding me about it. It was in consideration but never discussed between the staff about it. We will look into it.

On 8/20/2018 at 2:29 AM, teodz1984 said:

So some people actively still use FTP Clients these days...

I haven't installed a FTP on my PC since 2004 (CUTE FTP )

They are still required. They are especially required when working on servers and such. It's not outdated, In fact, I even run an FTP server for LAN - turns out, it's faster than others out there.

On 8/20/2018 at 9:21 PM, TrojanK said:

I wish for post #numbers

Reveal hidden contents

I do not remember for sure, but from what I remember, post number per topic was indeed visible, IPB has probably removed it. There is a plugin available for it though.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Kalju said:

it isn't visible, but is still there: this comment is for example = comment-1362926

There is not needed any plugins or nothing else. Yes, it is possible to make visible.

I think he means the number of post per topic. 1st post, 2nd post and such.

On 8/20/2018 at 9:21 PM, TrojanK said:

I wish for post #numbers

Hide contents

Yes, the previous version did have those numbers which the latest forum upgrade chewed-away — unfortunately, the previous forum board looked better, as well (have personally managed to pimp the present board with the looks of the previous one.) ^_^

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, TrojanK said:

My next wish is that .gifv attachments be allowed.

Is there any size limitation for a file when it's inserted from a URL?

Done. Try it.

Not sure if there is any. But keep it respectable for limited bandwidth users though.

On 9/21/2018 at 6:52 AM, DKT27 said:

Try it

Being a video file, inserting .gifv from a link is not supported (yet).

Can be inserted only as an attachment but for that reason, there is size limitation of 0.2MB and as Im thinking of it as an alternative to .gif, there shouldn't be any (keeping in mind the above post).

Also, .gifv link doesn't get automatically embedded into a post and is displayed as a link instead (unlike .gif) which should be fixed if possible.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, TrojanK said:

There exist some dead/incorrect nsaneforums links under some pinned topics and some subforums description (which cant be reported). Probably unnoticed, please check and fix.

Thanks for letting us know about them. Keep them coming so we can fix them. However, as some of those topics are archived, fixing them takes time. So please be patient about it.

I have fixed the Software Updates one, the Mobile Software Updates one seems fine though.

15 hours ago, TrojanK said:

There exist some dead/incorrect nsaneforums links under some pinned topics and some subforums description (which cant be reported)

IMG_20180927_063726.thumb.jpg.0d8cb1f87ffb78a0b20fa044106d3821.jpg

Checked those?

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, TrojanK said:

Checked those?

I see. Thanks letting us know, fixed it.

Hello. I have a suggestion: an option to delete a post user creates, I mean, for example, if I create a post and I want to delete it, an option to do that action instead of reporting to the staff.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, sanjoa said:

Hello. I have a suggestion: an option to delete a post user creates, I mean, for example, if I create a post and I want to delete it, an option to do that action instead of reporting to the staff.

Have been requested many times, has been considered many times, has been decided against many times. It's up for real abuse. Members can post anything they want and then delete it. Sure, some members can use it for good, but some can use it for bad too.

We can give members an option to however, hide their own posts - which are still visible to the staff, but still requires further action from staff - like deleting them which require reporting them and that can be up for abuse too.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 10/21/2018 at 1:23 PM, TrojanK said:

https://www.nsaneforums.com/forum/19-verified-hashes/

please fix dead link in Forum description

Done. Thanks for the information.

Long time ago, those were valid links. But then a major upgrade to the IPB forums - the forums software we use, broke those links and have since required to be fixed here.