New Laptop

DoLFaN

• Replies 38
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look for something called "apature size" under video settings (doubt it'll be in a OEM BIOS tho) :rolleyes:

I found this in my Inetl Extreme Graphics thing in the control pannel...

Report Date: 08/22/2005

Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 10:14:12

Driver Version: 6.14.10.3889

Operating System: Windows NT* 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

Default Language: English

DirectX* Version: 9.0

Physical Memory: 1006 MB

Min. Graphics Memory: 16 MB

Max. Graphics Memory: 64 MB

Graphics Memory in use: 8 MB

Processor: x86 family 6 Model 13 Stepping 6

Processor Speed: 1794 MHZ

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x3582

Device Revision: 2

* Output Devices Connected to Graphics Accelerator *

Active Notebook Displays:1

• 3 years later...
porkchopsandwich

I just bought an Acer Aspire mini. it comes w/ 1 Gb RAM so i bought a 2 gb stick and shoved it inside. the first day. anyone know if i can up grade the HD? it a 160. im thinkin like a 250............

I just bought an Acer Aspire mini. it comes w/ 1 Gb RAM so i bought a 2 gb stick and shoved it inside. the first day. anyone know if i can up grade the HD? it a 160. im thinkin like a 250............

Dude, last post :Aug 22 2005, 04:16 PM

Nice bump :lmao:

• Administrator

Its easy to upgrade the drive. It should be possible, but it is often cheaper to buy an external portable hard drive.

Its easy to upgrade the drive. It should be possible, but it is often cheaper to buy an external portable hard drive.

+ If i'm right and you're talking about a notebook, it's better to get a external one. A bigger HDD could make more heat + takes sometimes more space.. This would make the airflow in your Notebook worse then before.. >>Overheating >> melting>> Global warming :P

• Administrator
A bigger HDD could make more heat + takes sometimes more space

This is pretty inaccurate information. A 2.5" laptop hard drive (no matter the storage capacity) is always 2.5"! Heat between different storage capacities in the same series of drive is usually negligible. The heat is generated (on the whole) by the amount of power consumed by the drive and its usually pretty similar.

I do recommend the external drive non the less. For the simple reason of "not keeping all your eggs in one basket". For example for backup purposes or in case of disk failure.

porkchopsandwich

That why i bought a new comp. dropped my external one time (it was a good one too) and now its a paper weight. i could of just bought a new external but i was so pissed off that i had to one-up it. most likely gonna buy a new external cause the new lap only has 160. Do bigger HD make computers run faster or is it just storage space?

• Administrator

Extra storage space on the whole. But the fact you are using two separate storage mediums should increase the speed negligibly when you are accessing files from both drives. Additionally if you get a faster drive for your laptop (internal) this normally will increase the speed.

You deserve the necromancer of the month award!

porkchopsandwich

i know what a Necromancer is but i dont see how it ties in to my laptop? or how it will make my computer run faster. perhaps could you elaborate......

i know what a Necromancer is but i dont see how it ties in to my laptop? or how it will make my computer run faster. perhaps could you elaborate......

A necromancer brings dead from the grave, you bring posts from the grave because this post is already 3 years old or so.

It was just a joke.

I just think starting a new topic would be a way better idea.

To answer your question;

I also think buying a new HDD is a way better idea because all your computers benefit from it.

I personally like to keep my system drive small and put everything on another partition or an external HDD.

Just one PC has games installed and it's system partition is filled with around 200GB's, that I consider allot.

I don't think you have so many things installed your 160GB drive is full, in my understanding you just need a few gigs to store some data. A external HDD is perfect for that.

porkchopsandwich

Thanks For ur input greatly appreciated. im not all that savy on the way forums work and i still dont see the problem. yeah its 3 years old, but i got reponses and some helpful info. not to mention the topic is "New Laptops" and if it was 2030 if someone buys a laptop; then its still a new lappie :blink:

Archived