Windows XP SP3 RTM Released!

Marik

ROMANTICGUY50

I looked for an official release from Microsoft and have not seen it yet.

• Replies 96
  • Views 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here :mellow:. Maybe they will add it later this afternoon

Same here :mellow:. Maybe they will add it later this afternoon

Will the languages from the second wave be included today too? Or will we have to wait?

Will the languages from the second wave be included today too? Or will we have to wait?

same question here.. I'm a bit confused about that :mellow:

First they said it wil come out 21 days later than wave0. Now people say the 5th of may :)

eth0 rls is out too.. (xp w/ sp3) but since it's 'integrated' it ain't retail.. but it's all the same anyway..

In the last few days, we have uncovered a compatibility issue between Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) and both Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1). In order to make sure customers have the best possible experience, we have decided to delay releasing Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) to the web.

To help protect customers, we plan to put filtering in place shortly to prevent Windows Update from offering both service packs to systems running Microsoft Dynamics RMS. Once filtering is in place, we expect to release Windows XP SP3 to the web.

We are also testing a fix, and will make it available once that process is complete. Once they have installed the fix, Microsoft Dynamics RMS customers should be able to run both service packs.

Until then, we advise Microsoft Dynamics RMS customers to not install either service pack. Microsoft Dynamics RMS customers running Windows XP SP3 or Windows Vista SP1 should contact Microsoft Customer Support Services for additional information.

Source: XP SP3 Delayed

SacredCultivator

Well then.. who didn't see that one coming right? After all the times they delayed it already...

ROMANTICGUY50
OK, so this means the "FINAL" sp3 that everyone's been downloading is not final anymore?

Doesn't seem like it

You know that's kinda BULLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!! I took to the fall and installed SP3 too.... "seems like another Formatt !!!!"

I don't know if it's related or not but I too also installed SP3 last week, and started encountering a few problems. A few error messages were popping up in my Event Viewer so I ended up reverting back to SP2. I think I'll hold off next time. Lesson learned.

I don't know if it's related or not but I too also installed SP3 last week, and started encountering a few problems. A few error messages were popping up in my Event Viewer so I ended up reverting back to SP2. I think I'll hold off next time. Lesson learned.

not had any probs with this sp3..., had a few probs with the betas, formatting isnt a problem!! its loading everything back on :wtf:

theres a good few people who installed this sp3 too thinking it was final lol "feel sorry for everyone" ;)

SacredCultivator

@reaper: It stands for, Rights Management Services.

^I think that is the correct one... so many =P

Honestly not too sure myself too lazy to read it.

Today Microsoft has also released the slipstreamed ISO image of Windows XP with SP3 for Technet and MSDN subscribers:

28iz42h.jpg

If you are a subscriber, you can download the ISO image from your subscription page B)

So now it is final, or what? I don't get it anymore B) Very confused...

And if it's not, then don't they have a new release date already?

it's final for subscribers, but not for regular users

it's final for subscribers, but not for regular users

Yeah, but they did solve those last minute discovered incompatibilities?

(That was what i meant with final ;))

nope, and knowing Microcrap, it won't be resolved until next month prob

nope, and knowing Microcrap, it won't be resolved until next month prob

Annoying bastards... :P

Well let's hope i'm not using any of the things they screwed up in SP3, because i'm going to install that Dutch version posted here. ;)

Archived