Windows XP SP3 RTM Released!

Marik

SacredCultivator

Actually in regards to XP Pro sp0

Would, This be a good torrent to use?

Also 'Corporate Edition' what difference does that have compared to ehhh well 'regular'?

Sorries.

• Replies 96
  • Views 21.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anybody got a link to download this new sp3??? build 5512 rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Try this :http://www.mininova.org/com/1348493

Went to this url and that crap xp antivirus tried to jump on to my computer, u better watch this site.

Microsoft has made Windows XP SP3 available for MSDN and TechNet subscribers today. Earlier it was announced to be available later on May 02, 2008.

Just login to TechNet/MSDN account and check “Top Subscriber Downloads” section.

The file size is 544.86 MB

2cg35x.jpg

SacredCultivator

Wuh oh.. My SP3 just finished dl'ing.. and well from what Marik says... there is a 200ish MB difference...

well the version ur downloading is prob full of viruses, or something that could really f**k up your current OS

SacredCultivator

Well good thing I haven't installed it or anything.

So from the source you got that is the one that is RTM?

well yeah, since my m8 is a subscriber :P

SacredCultivator

Well I trust that =P, shall go and see if I can get it.

Do not forget that these RAR files have probably compressed a hell of a lot of data which is why a lot of sites are claiming it's around 316MB~

9Down just posted links to the supposed RTM release but I haven't downloaded it, nor have I checked it. So if you do go down this path, at least check the MD5 & SHA1 with those listed above. For those who may have missed these, they are as follows:

Filename: WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe

Language: English Only

Size: 331,805,736 bytes in 1 file

SFV: C411A9DA

MD5: BB25707C919DD835A9D9706B5725AF58

SHA1: C81472F7EEEA2ECA421E116CD4C03E2300EBFDE4

The link to the rapidshare files can be found here:

9Down

SacredCultivator

@Samurai: Yeah that is the one I have... And forgot for the TechNet you need to be subscribed... So hopefully the one Ihave is valid.

and here are some more

But like I said, I don't trust these links. Just look at the installer from this link.

It starts out as a 3d cool looking UI and it ends up in a standard XP SP2 UI. Now that's bs...it should of staid with that UI all through the installation process, even at the end of it

download & install at your own risk

Marik, the installer matches all the other sites once extracted. Unsure what you mean with regards to "look at the installer"?

Whilst I do agree the best, not to mention the safest way to get SP3 is via MS... there are alternatives should you not want to wait that long. Whether you trust them or not doesn't matter. If the MD5 and SHA1 hash codes match, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Just so people know the link 2 posts above which leads to depositfiles.com has been checked and verified as legit. The MD5 and SHA1 do match.

anybody got a link to download this new sp3??? build 5512 rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Try this :http://www.mininova.org/com/1348493

Went to this url and that crap xp antivirus tried to jump on to my computer, u better watch this site.

eh heh speak english? Mininova has viruses? LOL

Same copy on TPB. LEGIT.... the same guy upped VISTA RTM.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4150301/MICROS...2.RTM.ENGLISH-W

MD5 and all that crap is the same... its digi signed....

I'm using ESS latest version and defs... with a full sys scan...

Its your choice where you get it from :) but this version is clean.

SacredCultivator
Actually in regards to XP Pro sp0

Would, This be a good torrent to use?

Also 'Corporate Edition' what difference does that have compared to ehhh well 'regular'?

Sorries.

In regards to my own quote maybe someone else can help me as I was gearing it towar4ds dumble as he said he was uploading a copy but is in .nrg which I can't open only use Alcohol 120% + Nero Micro...

But anyway... would this be a good copy of a CleanWin XP Pro (SP0) to use when slipstreaming with this SP3?

More or less I am not too sure what makes 'Corporate Edition' different from others so would my CD Key which I use for my WinXP SP2 CD work with it =X

Daredevil me had in installed now with no major problems. Used the public link from MajorGeeks.com. First reboot after install produced some error messages, but second reboot went alright.

It was installed over a fully updated xp sp2 one, what the sp0 is about I don't get.

VLK serial prevails. Google for that.

SacredCultivator

@jfe: I believe mine is a VLK Key, as I got it from a Program that basically gave me a Serial, and VLK was one of the options.

Majorgeeks has changed the description of the update during the evening.

Now it's like:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) includes all previously released updates for the operating system. This update also includes a small number of new functionalities, which do not significantly change customers experience with the operating system.

Not such a big deal maybe :)

Running it now, got an integrated release from TorrentLeech (5.1.2600.5512), it runs like it should :)

SacredCultivator

^Ahh yes forgot about the integrated one... shall go do a search for that.

---

EDIT:

Came up with 2 Matches:

--First One

--Second One

^Leaning towards the First One although not many seeders just yet.

(Or possibly another alternative, not Private Trackers though*)

---

2nd EDIT:

Oh well my WinXP Pro Corp. Edition SP0 finished downloading.. so gonna create a BootDisk with that + SP3 and see if that works out.

---

3rd EDIT:

Actually if just integrating over a SP2 Disk what difference does it have over let's say SP0 or SP1, just Size of the .iso? Like are there any other Benefits...

----

4th EDIT:

Okay so the SP0 one failed one me... after integrating the SP3 into it.. and trying ot 'upgrade' my other PC... boot up and bam ATI Vid Card error asking for Admin Privledges, not only that but when I check my stats, Windows + Pause/Break, under 'Computer', nothing is there... it is blank, but does say SP3....

So now I am trying to use my SP2 CD as my Source but when trying to create the BootDisk... I get an error saying that the driver.cab file is corrupt ><

Bleh I always get the worse of luck when it comes to SP's ><

Perhaps someone can just direct me in the direction of a Good SP3 Integrated torrent (And possibly a valid Key with it as I wouldn't know if mine will work with it...){And I'll probably just nlite that afterwards, unless someone is kind enough to help me nlite a copy + upload, as I'll just upload the settings I want}

Anyone else finding that the internet seems to be slower with sp3? I had utorrent open & it was causing browsing to slowdown & it never did with sp2, well only if the top speed was reached, but the top speed it will reach now is 35kb & I should get a top speed of 480kb.

ok i uploaded the files to mediafire:

so here are the codes, [ http://www.mediafire.com/ ]

progs to make a un attende xp setup disk 2008:

?gjy3dixohzm

Windows.xp.pro.sp0.rtm.untouched:

part1,2,3,4,5:

?r1zmymmvdhy
?jm5jymamuyr
?iasbbioy9ic
?mm0fe2gwjmn
?msymctvyxny

btw, mediafie is a great site!, i uploaded my files with full upload speed!, i uploade in 1.8 hours :)

This is a quote of soporific, he is the maker of WINBORG (Modified windows xp), and he is working on the new LastXP..

I did not know this.. but if he said it you should believe it :)

Appzter, i've come to the conclusion that to provide the MOST legacy for all programs ever written for Windows XP, you should use SP0 as your base, and then integrate each service pack -1, 2 and 3. This is ONLY to provide the most support for existing apps out there in the world. If YOU PERSONALLY don't use old applications or anything weird that may rely on a certain Windows XP configuration, then you may as well skip service packs 1 and 2. Thanks for putting me on the path to this conclusion. :clap

LastXP v20 core will start with SP0 and have all service packs integrated. This is due to the wide expected use of this disk.

ok i uploaded the files to mediafire:

so here are the codes, [ http://www.mediafire.com/ ]

progs to make a un attende xp setup disk 2008:

?gjy3dixohzm

Windows.xp.pro.sp0.rtm.untouched:

part1,2,3,4,5:

?r1zmymmvdhy
?jm5jymamuyr
?iasbbioy9ic
?mm0fe2gwjmn
?msymctvyxny

btw, mediafie is a great site!, i uploaded my files with full upload speed!, i uploade in 1.8 hours :P

Archived