Windows XP SP3 RTM Released!

Marik

5p2xwg.pngMicrosoft has released Windows XP SP3 to manufacturers, so that means customers will be able to purchase PC’s pre installed with XP SP3 soon and also the final version of Windows XP SP3 will also be available to existing customers through Windows Update on April 29th (without the usual delay).

Today we are happy to announce that Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) has released to manufacturing (RTM). Windows XP SP3 bits are now working their way through our manufacturing channels to be available to OEM and Enterprise customers.

We are also in the final stages of preparing for release to the web (i.e. you!) on April 29th, via Windows Update and the Microsoft Download Center. Online documentation for Windows XP SP3, such as Microsoft Knowledge Base articles and the Microsoft TechNet Windows XP TechCenter, will be updated then. For customers who use Windows XP at home, Windows XP SP3 Automatic Update distribution for users at home will begin in early summer.

Thanks to everyone here who installed the public betas – you not only gave us detailed feedback but also helped each other out with timely troubleshooting. Through the beta program we found several important issues and were able to confirm some essential fixes. We couldn’t have done this without you.

We will still be monitoring this forum during the next few weeks in case you have more feedback about the release of Windows XP SP3.

On behalf of myself, Shashank Bansal and Windows Serviceability, many thanks.

Chris Keroack

Release Manager, Windows XP Service Pack 3

Windows Serviceability

Release Manager, Windows Serviceability

view.gif Source: dotnetwizard

view.gif Source: Microsoft Technet

• Replies 96
  • Views 21.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... It'll be just 'one' release? No two waves or something? I'd like that :)

SacredCultivator

^In regards to that isn't it also okay if the Pro used is already SP2 integrated?

So... It'll be just 'one' release? No two waves or something? I'd like that :)

I think in 2 waves. I read this on a dutch site:

"Bevrijdingsdag

De nu vrijgegeven versies ondersteunen de zeven belangrijke talen: Engels, Chinees, Spaans, Duits, Frans, Koreaans en Japans. Volgens het Maleisische techblog TechArp komt de Nederlandse versie, samen met de andere talen, beschikbaar op 5 mei en zal Redmond op 10 juni SP3 per automatische update gaan pushen."

it says that the 7 important langues (Engels, Chinees, Spaans, Duits, Frans, Koreaans en Japans.) wil come on 29th. And ont he 5th of may, the dutch version wil come out ;)

runningfool

@Cultivator: yes, nLite can add SP3 to a SP2 disk...if you think about it, all that youre doing is using hotfixes from SP3 to update file versions on your original disk.

are there any other 64-bit XP users out there who, like me, are laughing at all the fuss being made over SP3?

but dont use a "xp pro sp2 november 2007 release" or something like that. it must be xp pro sp2 RTM.

Because Windows XP SP3 includes all previously released Windows XP updates, including security updates and hotfixes, and select out-of-band releases. Windows XP SP2 was released in August 2004. Since then, Microsoft has released hundreds of updates. Windows XP SP3 includes all of these updates.

you can read that in here:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Overview

SacredCultivator

Hmm not too sure which 'version' so to speak of Win XP SP2 I have, not sure if it is RTM or the one you mentioned...

Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 x86 Integrated March of 08 [h33t] [dinguskull]

This is Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 and HF0907- VL (English).

x86 build

Version 5.1.2600.2180

MVL - Microsoft Volume License (Academic Volume Licensing).

Integrated with all hotfixes and security updates untill March 4th of 2008

Nothing has been tweaked or removed.

From H33t by "Dinguskull" - Is this version ok to use with nlite? - adding -> sp3

nope..

because if you add sp3, you'll add double updates.. you could try, but its not the 'cleanest' way to do it..

I can give you a ed2k-link to sp0, pm me if you want it. I've go a tool package which includes a lot of info and tools to intergrate other stuff (like wga/cd-key/ie7/wmp11). Iv got it from dudeuk, some guy on another forum. He helped me a lot..

If you want the tool package, pm me and ill give you the ed2k-link too..

> Windows.xp.pro.sp0.rtm.untouched.rar (455.26 MB)

> progs.to.make.a.unattended.xp.setup.disk.april.2008.(lildude).rar (7.42 MB)

*btw* sp0 is multilangual.. :)

SacredCultivator

Well I don't use eMule.. so perhaps a Torrent or Direct DL to a XP Pro SP0 would be nice.. and for that would a SP2 CD-key work with it? Or need ot use the one you suggested?

As I dont' want as you mentioned 'double Updates'

Or just wait for a Torrent that has SP3 integrated and just use that as the 'Source' for nLite and create another Boot Disk from that...

I don't use emule either... would prefer else ware ;p

PM Sent.

Edit

Waiting for a clean version with nothing added apart from the basic stuff like IE7 / wmp11 .. is a **** to wait for.

you could always upload it on mediafire (or something that doesn't have rapidshare in front of it)...and just post the code that comes after mediafire.com/

So is this final or are there going to be more releases until the 29th? I don't want to screw up my pc by rushing to download and install this,lol.

So is this final or are there going to be more releases until the 29th? I don't want to screw up my pc by rushing to download and install this, lol.

It's final, RTM means that the manufacturers get it now. You won't screw up your pc with SP3 :dance2: Buy Vista if you wanna do that :welcome:

i will try uploading it to mediafire, but i have to find out how.. btw is it posibble to upload such large files? and how long will that take??

btw, this is just released, im downloading it now (and yes, it is ed2k/emule :welcome: )

MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.XP.SERVICE.PACK.3.v5.1.2600.5512.RTM.ENGLISH-WZT 

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Released to Manufacturing

Today we are happy to announce that Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) has released to manufacturing (RTM). Windows XP SP3 bits are now working their way through our manufacturing channels to be available to OEM and Enterprise customers.
We are also in the final stages of preparing for release to the web (i.e. you!) on April 29th, via Windows Update and the Microsoft Download Center. Online documentation for Windows XP SP3, such as Microsoft Knowledge Base articles and the Microsoft TechNet Windows XP TechCenter, will be updated then. For customers who use Windows XP at home, Windows XP SP3 Automatic Update distribution for users at home will begin in early summer.
Thanks to everyone here who installed the public betas Γ?? you not only gave us detailed feedback but also helped each other out with timely troubleshooting. Through the beta program we found several important issues and were able to confirm some essential fixes. We couldnΓ??t have done this without you.
We will still be monitoring this forum during the next few weeks in case you have more feedback about the release of Windows XP SP3.
On behalf of myself, Shashank Bansal and Windows Serviceability, many thanks.

Chris Keroack
Windows Serviceability

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3214173&SiteID=17

Question: What number build SP3 RTM ?

Answer: 5512

Chris Keroack
Windows Serviceability

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3214496&SiteID=17

WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe

size 331,805,736 bytes

CRC32 C411A9DA

MD5 BB25707C919DD835A9D9706B5725AF58

SHA-1 C81472F7EEEA2ECA421E116CD4C03E2300EBFDE4

WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU 5512.RTM.exe (316.43 MB)

[pm me if you want the ed2k-link :dance2: )

EDIT:/

ok/ i just created an account @ mediafire. but ill have to split files in 100MB parts first, when i have some time ill will do that with SP0 :party:

anybody got a link to download this new sp3??? build 5512 rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Try this :http://www.mininova.org/com/1348493

anybody got a link to download this new sp3??? build 5512 rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Try this :http://www.mininova.org/com/1348493

Thanks for the torrent link for SP3... Quick download with 1k+ seeders already ! ! !

Installed.... Working fine ;p

SacredCultivator

@dumble: Thanks I shall await for your links so I can have a 'fresh' installation later on...

In regards to the SP3, is it hte one that Hoey linked to? As I can dl that if it is.

EDIT:

It is basically what will be released to the public right?

2nd EDIT:

Sorry stupid question, but the CD-Key I currently use will work with the SP0 version right? =X

the sp0 is in a rar package, it contains an nrg image and a txt file with a serial-number you can use

@dumble: Thanks I shall await for your links so I can have a 'fresh' installation later on...

In regards to the SP3, is it hte one that Hoey linked to? As I can dl that if it is.

EDIT:

It is basically what will be released to the public right?

2nd EDIT:

Sorry stupid question, but the CD-Key I currently use will work with the SP0 version right? =X

Yup "hence my quote"... to his mininova torrent link. "people are complaining its fake and what not saying its not digi signed..." But it is.

Hash 6b31b2c6b881463b4d4ac074ed12722d737bb7c0

SHA-1 C81472F7EEEA2ECA421E116CD4C03E2300EBFDE4

Go here and check http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/0...ck-3-rtm-final/

As far as everyone knows this version is Final... Which means its the one going up on windows updates on the 29th.

---

Took about 5-10 mins to install... Reboot... then an "turn updates on/off" screen poped up, after that everything else is fine.

Edit~

The only prob I had which isn't a big problem... was MSN. I use 9.0 with Apatch / after sp3 installed it kept asking me to install msn msi from disc again... all sorted now though... reinstalled msn with patch...

SacredCultivator

@dumble: Sorry for .nrg files.. never really messed with those before.. Would Alcohol 120% be able to cope with that?

EDIT:

I use nero micro, so dunno if that affects things in anyway... as it seems Alcohol 120% doesn't support it ><

@Sonar: Thanks shall go ahead and dl that then.

i will try uploading it to8..

@ sonar; if the md5 is the same as this:

then youll have the good version

Archived