PeaZip 2.0

bearoninternet

bearoninternet

peazip-free-archiver-utility.png

PeaZip free archiver utility is a portable, open source archiving, encryption and file split tool.

PeaZip is cross platform and runs on 32 and 64 bit Windows (9x, 2000, XP, Vista) and Linux. It supports handling many archive and compression formats:

• create: 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, TAR, UPX, ZIP;
  • open: ACE, ARJ, CAB, DEB, ISO, LHA, RAR, RPM and more archive types...

PeaZip allows to edit, save and restore archive's layouts; apply powerful multiple filters to archive's content; handle multiple archives at once; export job definition as command line; encrypt with AES256 etc.

Other features: split/join files (file span), wipe files (secure deletion), compare, checksum and hash files, system benchmark, generate random passwords and keyfiles.

- Homepage -

- download -

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's a lot of features, and a very nice-looking interface. I'm very tempted to chuck WinRAR and give this a shot

Wow, that's a lot of features, and a very nice-looking interface. I'm very tempted to chuck WinRAR and give this a shot

would'nt recomend dithcing rar as unfortunately it's the only app that in accordance to legal crap allow you to create .rar files- e'world is fixed by those! (legality of clamping down on this format is loophole!)

bearoninternet

would'nt recomend dithcing rar as unfortunately it's the only app that in accordance to legal crap allow you to create .rar files- e'world is fixed by those! (legality of clamping down on this format is loophole!)

Agree, keeping winrar to create rar is needed. :rolleyes:

Just give PeaZip a try besides. I recommended it because it's free, open source, has a nice gui, and runs on multi-os.

Plus it already has a lot of features and gets more every (frequently) updates.

voodoohippie

What can this program do that 7zip can't? It too can unpack .RAR files and seems really easy to use and is FREEWARE and open source? Just want to know.

bearoninternet
What can this program do that 7zip can't? It too can unpack .RAR files and seems really easy to use and is FREEWARE and open source? Just want to know.

7-zip:

• Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR

• Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS

Biggest difference is the gui.

Archived