Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RTM Released

Marik

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) is an update to Windows Vista that addresses feedback from our customers. In addition to previously released updates, SP1 will contain changes focused on addressing specific reliability, performance, and compatibility issues; supporting new types of hardware; and adding support for several emerging standards.

SP1 also will continue to make it easier for IT administrators to deploy and manage Windows Vista. Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone version can be installed on systems with any of the following language versions: English (US), French, German, Japanese, or Spanish (Traditional).

Download Vista SP1 Standalone Installer Here

Get Vista SP1 From Windows Update.

Read the overview of Windows Vista SP1

Read the Deployment Guide for Windows Vista SP1

Things to Know Before you Download Windows Vista SP1

• Replies 8
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cooldude7273
I wonder if this one is any different from the RTM released a while back?

This is the same SP1 RTM from February 4, 2008. Only difference is you can get it new from Microsoft instead of having to download it from other means.

voodoohippie

I downloaded the service pack. Windows Vista is still sucking right along. In fact i had to get a new sound card driver after that one. Other than that no change. Still slow as hell and I still have to turn all the graphics off in order to run the damn thing at all. The little icon that someone told me about in Graboid that lets you switch vista to xp was not there and I was actually excited to make vista look like xp and act like old xp not just changing vista to look like windows 98 by switching to classic. Still can't wait to get that $200 to get this vista OS off my laptop and xp in along with all the drivers for my computer. That day will be joyous indeed. thank God that the Laptop is not my only computer as my Alienware desktop will never have vista in it. when the Alienware dies I think I'll either learn Linux or switch to mac and just scrap all my pc hardware. But hopefully I'll have 10-15 years before that happens. And hopefully the warez scene will make drivers for new computers when xp is obsolete.

I suggest you lot try either a stripped down Vista or better still use a stripped down Server 2008. ^_^

True XP was server 2003. Indeed the true Vista is server 2008. B)

Is the release for all versions of Vista?

I'm running Home Premium and haven't seen it on windows update!

Yes, it's for all Vista's,

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone version can be installed on systems with any of the following language versions: English (US), French, German, Japanese, or Spanish (Traditional).

DOWNLOAD SP1

Archived