Messenger Fraud : Be Careful

Marik

ScanMessenger is back again in the form of messengerlisting.com, as lot of blogs mentioned long ago scanmessenger is a site that tricks user into thinking that they can log in and find who is using windows live messenger and who has blocked them, unfortunately this is the real truth…

ScanMessenger is a total lie and a scam. It should be called ScamMessenger. They steal your username, password and all your contacts.

and they use this username and password to send your contacts a message saying:

http://www.ScanMessenger.com <- Find out who has removed you from their MSN contact list without leaving any trace”

Be careful not to fall into these little scams, if you have already previously used services of this kind of advice I immediately change the password for security reasons.

(any help to add more to the below list is welcome via comments, and if you have undergone similar events please let us know and share with us)

Here is a small list of sites that carry out this kind of fraud:

view.gif Source: DotNetWizzard

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lot of sites like these out there... But why in god's name would you type in your username AND PASSWORD on just some random website you got from a friend you never speak!

Bolt_Gundam510

thanks for the info Marik, well i use Yahoo Messanger, i stoped useing MSN a long time ago like 5 or 6 years ago. well i just hope yahoo messanger is not in there some where with in the scam ring that is.

thanks M,good info for people who use messenger services and do know enough to not be morons.

thanks for the info Marik, well i use Yahoo Messanger, i stoped useing MSN a long time ago like 5 or 6 years ago. well i just hope yahoo messanger is not in there some where with in the scam ring that is.

I use both ym and wlm...but once M$ will buy Yahoo....well we can kiss ym goodbye

voodoohippie

OMG Yahoo messenger has all sorts of scams going on from the booters in chat, to the programs going around in chat that are supposed to stop you from getting booted, anonymous webcam viewers, and all sorts of web links that if you click on one of them while in chat your toast. And the biggest scam is Smiley Central. However good to remind the users out there of the dangers of things that sound too good to be true. Usually they are just that.

bearoninternet
Sigh... just only use "certified" tools for this. If you know where to get em that is.

If you know where to get them, plus how to use them, you dont need some shitty website telling you it will do it for you. :sneaky:

Otherwise, if you are curious if somebody is blocking you, create a fresh account and get in 'new' contact.

Basically, never, ever, for what reason, give your username and password to anybody.

Use your accountpasswords like a creditcard, would you give the code just to 'verify your age' ?

Browsing the internet requires common sense, not faith.

Archived