Samsung Galaxy S2 (tips & tricks)

Olexijl

Hey,

I need someone to report a feedback for my tutorial. I am currently not going to flash something until i do not have a jig. Next year january i am going to buy the jig and update to 2.3.5 (currently on 2.3.4).

greetz

• Replies 39
  • Views 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it does not reset the counter, but that is secondary.

Not intending to get the jib to reset counter.

You better buy the jig. If your phone go broken and you need to send it for repair, you would need the jig anyway, else nobody would accept the phone to be repaired because warranty is lost.

If you do not reset the counter, you need to buy the new phone, do not say you wanna buy really new phone?!

PS: updated the tutorial.

I know it does not reset the counter, but that is secondary. Not intending to get the jib to reset counter.
You better buy the jig. If your phone go broken and you need to send it for repair, you would need the jig anyway, else nobody would accept the phone to be repaired because warranty is lost. If you do not reset the counter, you need to buy the new phone, do not say you wanna buy really new phone?! PS: updated the tutorial.

Haha...have already ordered the jig which will arrived in about two weeks time. Pay less than US1 at ebay.

Just updated post 1, new Odin 1.85 download link.

Just had my phone updated to Android 2.3.6 and re flash with SpeedMod....still working fine.

The jig might not work but there is a workaround it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1402286

which is risky and might brick your phone.

Might just let the binary counter remains...just reset exclamation mark is suffice.

Wonder if you have the latest version of Odin apk.....can be use for subsequent flashing from phone itself without increasing the counter.

Upgraded the tutorial for counter reset. There is a patch for new bootloader available.

PS: Tested now. Siyah Kernel installed. Bootloader patch installed. Jig used. Works just fine.

Tested some Siyah Kernels. The newest one, Siyah 2.6.4, has problem with underclocking via SetCPU. So the newest Siyah is not recommended (though 2.6.5 may fixed it)

Wanna be sure? Download Siyah 2.5.2 Kernel, it works great with SetCPU.

fixed link to the Siyah 2.5.2 Kernel...

Just got my jig delivered today, flash the old bootloader back to S2 and the jig is working fine.....reset to no custom binary..

Just updated post 1 with a small sidenote. Please be careful using Kernels, SetCPU is not recommended.

Small sidenote: You should see to get the newest CWM 5 (ClockWorkMod Recovery 5), CWM 4 works not well. To get CWM 5 you have to flash Siyah 2.5.2 or just CF-ROOT 5.0 Kernel

SpeedMod Kernel has CWM 4 inside. It sorts him out for me.

Wonder if you have the latest version of Odin apk.....can be use for subsequent flashing from phone itself without increasing the counter.

I have. However i uploaded that to multiupload, but now i relinked it to attachment on XDA developers forum.

I tested also the method of reflashing the bootloader (old, than new, than old again), works perfectly. Simply put this into PDA and check "Phone Bootloader Update".

I have the mobile odin 1.25 already....directly flash through phone.

Have being using it to flash various kernel.

SpeedMod version k2-19 test2 is working fine for me without the need of unnecessary tweaks.

Battery consumption is also good...can have more than 3 days (on standby).

Gonna stick with this kernel for a while...lol.

Updated Post 1 again, because SetCPU is not recommended to use. Sidenotes added.

• 1 month later...

Custom ROMs discussion:

Archived