Cutting Prices wont save Windows Vista

dock98

Microsoft's recent announcement of a price cut for Windows Vista illustrates the desperate position the company is in. By all reasonable accounts Vista has failed and Microsoft is desperately trying to prop it up and put some lipstick on a very nasty and very flawed pig. Unfortunately, it won't work.

Microsoft plans to cut prices is as confusing as its release of multiple version of the failed OS.

In the United States, Microsoft will reduce prices for Windows Vista Ultimate, the company's top-end operating system, to $319 from $399 for the full version and cut the price for an "upgrade" version to $219 from $259 for consumers who already run Windows XP or another edition of Vista.

It also cut prices for upgrade versions of Vista Home Premium, its mainstream product, to $129 from $159. The price cuts vary by country.

In emerging markets, Microsoft will stop selling "upgrade" versions of Vista, because, for many customers, it will be the first purchase of a genuine copy of Windows. The company will instead sell Vista Home Premium and Home Basic, a stripped-down version, at the upgrade prices.

Website

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about time they did something....alas it will still be in vain...unless they cut down the price to something like 150$ for Vista Ultimate...i really don't see any future for this OS

with so many different versions of Vista...i don't really know why M$ even bothered to release them when we all want the Ultimate version...:fear:

you know the reason.we all do

post-3563-1205528267.gif

very well put :fear:

they are desesperate, even more since Windows 7 should be released early 2010.

i hope it won't be a Vista 2, performance and DRM wise...

even for free, i don't want it. i have it on dualboot, and never use it anymore. i will erase his partition, when the XP SP3 will be released, soon...

20 bux says it'll just be another half assed revision of vista *sigh*

i'll stick with tinyxp :doctor:

ROMANTICGUY50

Vista still is not worth buying I will stay an XPer Cant wait till SP3 comes out

How does 28 million copies sold equal a failed OS??

I wouldn't consider 28 million copies a failure by any means.

As for the price, it's $50 more than Windows XP Pro CAD which is pretty much equal to the USD price.

As for Windows 7, it currently looks exactly like Vista.

Then 3 years after it's release, there will be yet another OS.

Then what?

You guys will come back & say that OS is slumping in sales & MS is desperate again?

Archived