Assembling a new pc

shought

yes thats better :)

it will probably play all games, till now :dance2:

look it this site, nice review of that card;

http://://://://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?op...6&Itemid=40

Well that's great, i think i'm going with that one.

But your review, it doesn't show benchmarks or fps for games or something, does it?

btw, building a computer isn't that hard ;).. just read the manuals of the parts you buy :dance2:

Hmmm, you're making me think about it, but no more. If i let them build it, i can be sure that everything works and that they will help me solve any possible issues. If i buy it myself i probably have to buy some tools to do so and spend some time on it, and you know; time is money! :P I'm also not sure that all cables i might possibly need are there with the parts i buy and when they put it together they just put those in. So i'm quite sure that i want them to put it together...

• Replies 84
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I changed my HD from Maxtor DiamondMax 21(250GB) to Samsung SpinPoint S250(200GB), all other specifications are the same except for noise production and power use(Samsung is better at both and is even cheaper).

I've got one more question: I can buy one of two identical(so it seems) cards, one is from Club3D and the other one is from Sapphire.

These two cards(Dutch site with images, English translations for specifications are added in the attachment):

Club3D: http://://www.alternate.nl/html/productDetail...ml?artno=JBXUX2

Sapphire: http://://www.alternate.nl/html/product/detai...owTechData=true

So the real question, what's the difference between Sapphire and Club3D, except for the price and the fact that the 'adapters' that are included are listed with the Sapphire one(i guess the Club3D one comes with adapters too?)

Any user experience on those?

Escobarretje

Difference is that the sapphire is an light retail. As you can see on the pictures the sapphire card has a smaller fan than the Club3d card. I advise to go for the Club3d card!

I didn't read the whole thread, but i advise you to go for a Core 2 Duo cpu from intel. They are really doing much better than amd's at the moment. And the intel cpu's are overclocking damn good ^_^ another good (dutch) site for pc hardware is www.azerty.nl. I bought my own pc there :D

Difference is that the sapphire is an light retail. As you can see on the pictures the sapphire card has a smaller fan than the Club3d card. I advise to go for the Club3d card!

I didn't read the whole thread, but i advise you to go for a Core 2 Duo cpu from intel. They are really doing much better than amd's at the moment. And the intel cpu's are overclocking damn good ^_^ another good (dutch) site for pc hardware is www.azerty.nl. I bought my own pc there :D

I've already made my decision about AMD <--> Intel, AMD will be the one for me.

The site you mentioned hasn't got the ability to put your own pc together, has it?

I thought the Sapphire cooling was better because that one cooled the memory too. The Club3D one doesn't, but has a bigger fan, as you mentioned.

Hey, you got some nice stuff there.

I just would advice you to get a better CPU.

An AMD 5000+ maybe?

Why should I? That'll cost me like € 20,- more... And i can probably over clock this one to 2,5 GHz :P But i'll look into it. Probably going to buy my PC Monday or Tuesday next weak.

Lol look at this(Dutch but you'll understand what i mean):

http://://://www.alternate.nl/html/product/de...owTechData=true

and

http://://://www.alternate.nl/html/product/de...owTechData=true

Which should i pick? Both € 59,- but one is 2,3 GHz and 64 kB L1 Cache and the other one is 2,2 GHz and 128 kB L1 Cache(L2 Cache is both the same, the 2,2 GHz one has Cool'n'Quiet, NX-Bit, Pacifica and Presidio(whatever that means) the other one doesn't)

Escobarretje

I really advice you to take an Intel CPU. Although the AMD has more GHZ, I advice to take this one: http://://azerty.nl/producten/product_detail/...core-2-duo.html You can easilly OC it to 2.5-3.0 GHz and on stock speeds it's as fast as the AMD you chose. Intel is really doing better now!

If you want to stay with AMD, then pick this one: http://://www.alternate.nl/html/product/detai...owTechData=true

It's the 4400+.

And the site i gave is almost the same as alternate. Just add everything to your 'winkelmandje', and here you have assemblage options for that site: http://azerty.nl/producten/zoek/255/assemblage.html :)

I really advice you to take an Intel CPU. Although the AMD has more GHZ, I advice to take this one: http://://://azerty.nl/producten/product_deta...core-2-duo.html You can easilly OC it to 2.5-3.0 GHz and on stock speeds it's as fast as the AMD you chose. Intel is really doing better now!

If you want to stay with AMD, then pick this one: http://://://www.alternate.nl/html/product/de...owTechData=true

It's the 4400+.

And the site i gave is almost the same as alternate. Just add everything to your 'winkelmandje', and here you have assemblage options for that site: http://azerty.nl/producten/zoek/255/assemblage.html :)

Well... your making me have doubts about taking AMD or Intel, but for now it's still AMD.

If i pick AMD i'll pick the 4400+ :frusty:

I see now how to assemble my own PC... I'll look into Azerty too :fear:

Guys another Graphics Card has come into my price category. (The only difference between the two cards is the memory) I was going for the Sapphire one(mentioned in previous posts, Mar 19 2008, 05:01 PM) but now this one has come to my attention:

Specifications that apply for both cards:

50 Watt (Max)

Radeon HD2600 XT

800 MHz

Stream Processors 120

Shader Model 4.0

AF 16 x

DirectX 10

OpenGL 2

2x DVI-I (Dual-Link)

1x S-Video

VGA, HDMI and Component adapter

Memory specifications Club3D Card:

256 MB, GDDR4, 2200 MHz, 128 bit

Link: http://://://://://www.alternate.nl/html/prod...owTechData=true (With images and full specifications)

Memory specifications Sapphire Card:

512 MB, GDDR4, 1400 MHz, 128 bit

Link: http://://://://://www.alternate.nl/html/buil...=coList#tecData (With images and full specifications)

So my question is: Which card will give me better performance? The 256 MB 2200 MHz one or the 512MB 1400MHz one? Please add some fast replies because I'm going to buy my PC very soon!!!

Btw: My friend told me that if i want to play high resolution games the 512MB one would probably we better, but i don't plan on playing high resolution games(1024x768 or 1280x1024 will do for me, take that into account)

Escobarretje

Dunno wich is faster. Yeah the Club3D off course because of it's higher frequency, but maybe the 256 is too low for your PC. I think 256 is enaugh, but over a year of 2 you really can't play anymore with so less memory. I had an X1950 Pro with 256MB in it, on my high resolution (1680*1024) it played very laggy, because of the lack of ram. So with my new card (HD3870 with 512MB :sneaky: ) i can play all games exept Crysis on high :sneaky: It's just your choice!

Dunno wich is faster. Yeah the Club3D off course because of it's higher frequency, but maybe the 256 is too low for your PC. I think 256 is enaugh, but over a year of 2 you really can't play anymore with so less memory. I had an X1950 Pro with 256MB in it, on my high resolution (1680*1024) it played very laggy, because of the lack of ram. So with my new card (HD3870 with 512MB :sneaky: ) i can play all games exept Crysis on high :sneaky: It's just your choice!

Considering my needs i guess the 256 MB one with more speed will do... But 256 MB(as you said) is not enough for later on. Doubt, doubt, doubt.

Escobarretje

Go for the 512MB one, this one is better for in the future, but then i advice you to overclock your graphics card also! :sneaky: That is easy with ati overdrive, ati tools or rivatuner. :sneaky:

Go for the 512MB one, this one is better for in the future, but then i advice you to overclock your graphics card also! :) That is easy with ati overdrive, ati tools or rivatuner. ;)

But i am never going to plan on playing games with such high resolutions that a 256 MB one won't do... The 256 MB one also has way better benchmarks(7-10 fps higher) than the 512 MB cards, even on higher resolutions. So considering all that i think my decision is made, isn't it? (I figured this all out after i posted the previous post :P)

Guys i made some final changes to my PC, go check them out in my first post. I think this is the system i'm going to buy. Will have to decide tomorrow...

It's ok now :)

That's great but i've got one final question. The decision between two graphics cards:

- Club 3D Radeon HD 2600 XT, 800 MHz, 256 MB, GDDR4, 2200 MHz(79,-)

- Zotac GF8600GT AMP!, 600 MHz, 256 MB, GDDR3, 1600 MHz(69,-)

I found this review on both(not exactly those but they're almost the same) and really can't decide!

http://://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2007/08/1...force_8600_gt/1

Please give me some fast thoughts about this!

Escobarretje

Go for the ATI card, this because of the following reason:

The ati card is faster then the nvidia when you disable the anti-aliasing. Now since it isn't such a good card i think you wouldn't be able to play with aa enabled, indeed not over a year . That's why, to look for the future, i would go for the ATI card. You can overclock this one also and then it will perform pretty good :)

Go for the ATI card, this because of the following reason:

The ati card is faster then the nvidia when you disable the anti-aliasing. Now since it isn't such a good card i think you wouldn't be able to play with aa enabled, indeed not over a year . That's why, to look for the future, i would go for the ATI card. You can overclock this one also and then it will perform pretty good :sneaky:

Hmmm, thanks for your input. I myself would've picked the NVIDIA one because of just the same, the AA. But if you say i probably won't be using it and the ATI card is better for the future... I'll just pick that :rolleyes: Although i did see that the NVIDIA one beat the ATI one without AA too, on some games...

Edit: Checked the reviews again and the NVIDIA one did beat the ATI card, even when AA is disabled... And consider the fact that the card that i'm going to buy is 600 MHz instead of 540 and the memory is clocked at 1600 MHz instead of 1400MHz... Any REAL fast advice please?!

Edit2: Please look at the cards gaming wise only, i don't care about HD and Audio features of a card.

Guys, i've ordered my PC. I made some last minute changes and i think this is the best i can get for the money i want to spend on it.

You can take a look at it if you want :rolleyes:

Case (Midi Tower)

• Sharkoon Revenge Value

• 4x 5,25 inch extern, 1x 3,5 inch extern, 6x 3,5 inch intern

• € 45,-

• Built in casefans: 140mm front, 250mm side

• Optional casefan 120mm(I didn't select one, I've got enough fans already)

Feed

• Cooler Master ExtremePower

• 400 Watt, 5x 5,25 inch, 1x 3,5 inch, 4 x Serial-ATA

• € 39,-

Motherboard (Socket AM2)

• MSI K9N Neo-F V3

• NVIDIA nForce 560, 1.600-2.000 MT/s

• € 55,-

• 4x PCI

• 2x PCIe x1

• 1x PCIe x16

• SDRAM-DDR2

• 4x DDR2(Up to 8192 MB)

• DDR2-400/533/667/800

• 1x 40-pin IDE Connection

• Ultra DMA/133 Controller

• Max. 2 devices, 133 MB/s

• NVIDIA nForce4

• 4x Serial-ATA(II) Connection

• Max. 4 devices, 300 MB/s

• USB 2.0 Controller

• 4x USB 2.0 Connection

• 60 MB/s, Max 127 devices

• 1x 6-pin FireWire Connection

• Max. devices 63(50 MB/s)

• Onboard Sound: Realtek ALC883

• 1 x Line-in, 1x Mic, 4x Line-Out, 8x Analog, HD Audio

• Gigabit

• 10/100/1000 Mbps

• 1 x RJ-45 (LAN)

CPUs (Socket AM2)

• AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+

• 2x 2500 MHz, L1 Cache 2x 128 kB, L2 Cache 2x 512 kB, 2000 MT/s, Brisbane

• € 69,-

• Boxed Cooler (ATX Layout)

Graphics Card (ATI, PCIe)

• Zotac GeForce 8600GT AMP!, 256 MB, GDDR3, 1600 Mhz, 128 bit

• GPU Speed: 600 Mhz

• Shader model: 4, DirectX 10, OpenGL 2.0

• Active cooling

• € 69,-

Memory DDR2 (800 Mhz)

• OCZ 2 GB DDR2-800 Kit

• 2048 MB, CL4 4-4-15, 2x 1024 MB, PC2 6400

• € 45,-

Harddisk 3,5 inch(SATA)

• Samsung SpinPoint S250

• 200 GB, 8,9 ms access time, 8 MB cache, 7200 RPM

• € 39,90

DVD-ReWriter (S-ATA)

• Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7200S

• 20 / 8 / 12 speed, 20 / 6 / 12 speed, 16 / 48 speed

• € 22,-

Cardreader

• CardReader intern 54-in-1

• CF I, CF II, MD, SD, MMC, SM, xD, MS, MS Duo, MS PRO

• € 9,-

Mouse

• Sweex Optical Mouse

• PS/2

• 800 dpi

• 1,52 m cable

• € 4,90

Keyboard

• Sweex Multimedia Keyboard

• PS/2

• € 5,-

Subtotal: € 402,80,-

Building costs: € 55,-

Sending costs: € 5,-

Total: € 462,80

• 2 weeks later...

Guys my new PC just came in! It looks great! :P

Thanks for all your help guys, i really appreciate :)

is this it?

revenge_val.jpg

Yeah, only i broke the upper dvd drive 'slot'. Was kinda cheap, because i just tried to open it and it broke, but that doesn't matter because otherwise i had to open and close it all the time and i might even be able to fix it :(

LOL! I fixed it! Let me tell you how: I took a lollipop stick, a kitchen knife, plastic glue and a pair of scissors. I used the scissors to cut the edge of the lollipop stick and make it more thin(this way it would fit) took the knife and cut of a pice of 2mm. I took this piece with a little thing which i can't give a name in english(it's a metal wire with plastic around it) and used the glue to make it fit right in the dvd drive thingy :oops: I'm proud of myself and understand that all what i type here doesn't make any sense to you guys since you don't know what the hell i'm talking about, but still :console:

Nice work, it's always great when you manage to fix something yourself. Especially with lollipop sticks and glue :dance2:

Nice work, it's always great when you manage to fix something yourself. Especially with lollipop sticks and glue :lol:

Hehehe :P True. That's what is so great about managing to do things yourself, the joy you get afterwards!

Archived