Nero Laggage

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

For some reason whenever i try to burn a CD... Using Nero... My compuer locks up and lags like there is no tomorrow.

I don't know if it has to do with the program itself or my computer...

But for example if I play music while burning, the music glitches up soooooooo badly along with just doing ANYTHING the laggage is tooo crazy..

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but it is HORRIBLE and I don't know of any good Burning Software to test if it is just Nero or whatnot...

---In need of an Explanation/Fix or a Substitute Program that I could replace it with---

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, the only thing I tend to do whilst burning using Nero, is surf the web. As browsing will only be using my NIC and relatively low CPU power, I have found it doesn't seem to affect Nero in any way shape or form.

I highly recommend that when burning CDR's or DVDR's, you don't engage in such activites such as listening to music, watching a movie or running an AV...

In my opinion, Nero is by far the best burning software, and far exceeds Roxio so I wouldn't even think about switching.

What are your system specs? PSU, CPU, Memory, etc...

What version of Nero are you using (exact version please)?

SacredCultivator

Computer Specs (Not a Nerd/ Don't really know what info is needed):

-AMD Athlon XP 2100+

-1.74 GHz

-1.00 GB of RAM

^Is that all? Sorry i don't really know this stuff ><^

If you need more just let me know

Nero Version: 6.6.0.15

And this just started happening a few days back... And like even if I don't listen to music... You can see the Laggage... Like the Mouse if you move it around you can see it Glitch when it moves.. So that isn't smooth at all... So that means I can't even surf the web either...

It may be the fact that it's not Nero, if this is happening when you're not even burning anything at all.

Some things to check...

Run AV and anti-spyware apps for any mysterious files you may have on your system that could be causing the slowdown. Make sure you're using the latest definitions for all programs.

What graphics card are you using? If it's ATI, ensure you're running their latest drivers. I know first hand that sometimes, systems act in the way you describe until drivers are installed.

It might be a good idea to check the temperature of the inside of your case. Although you're not running anything like a AMD 3000 CPU, your fans may be blocking a good airflow, so they made need cleaning.

SacredCultivator

Hmm ok I using NOD32 to Scan, SpySweeper Scanning also so I update you on that later when it is done..

I use a very crappy Video Card: ATI 8500LE But yeah latest Drivers

It MAY be Temperature... Since not my CPU on average is about 120 Degress F... But I don't know... It doens't cause any lag unless I burn something... And as for the Fans... Possiblly.. Since I don't clean them... And I have one Side of my Case opened... So.. don't know... =/

Rudeboy2025

That has never happened to me but since you say that you have the case open and all that, I am also thinking that the problem would be the fans or something wrong with the CPU.

SacredCultivator

Wel;l I installed two NEW Intake fans... And don't ahve anything to burn so I will update on that later...

And it only lags when i am Burning something eotehrwise everything is fine.

Archived