ESET General Discussion

shought

YES

i tried on clean install without any fix same windows in VM

without any FIX same problem

uninstall, and try running the eset uninstaller tool as well.

Just curious, didn't anyone have problems after virus def 6494 update? ekrn.exe dropped to around 7,000k and then 2,000k mem usage. Couldn't open the the EAV 5 window and there was no right click options. A reboot sorted it out but just wondering if it effected anyone else.

Hey all, don't think the virus def had anything to do with it. After rebooting the mem usage was around 70,000 (as far as I can tell that's normal) and now its down to 21,000. Running eav 5 on xp sp3. This happening with anyone? Just noticed VM size is 76,000 but memory usage is still low.

By the way, not using fixes, only Tnod

Edited by ugatme

Hey all,

Sorry in advance if this issue has already been answered:

I installed Smart Security 5.0.93 using Purefix 2.02 - I am receiving the username/password error message when trying to update the virus database.

Should i reinstall, or is there another way to solve this issue?

I installed Smart Security 5.0.93 using Purefix 2.02 - I am receiving the username/password error message when trying to update the virus database.

Should i reinstall, or is there another way to solve this issue?

1. Restart your computer in 'Safe Mode' (you can use the safe mode option in the extras tab, or follow intructions here - http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml)

2. Run ESET PureFix and click disable.

3. Reboot.

4. insert a license - before you enter to this site you must disable (momentarily) `Web acces protection` (after you get your serials -> enable `Web acces protection`)

5. manual update

Edit (9/29/2011 , 12:15) seeing that ESET does not updates also program modules if you use a trial-fix maybe is a good ideea to stay away from trial-resetters (like PureFix , or box,mara- fix) , at least for a time , but it`s very unlikely that ESET will ever release program module updates thru the trial servers (the ones that can be used without lic.)

So , I recommend that you continue to use the licenses from this site -> or if you prefer a program to do this automatically , use one of these : TNOD , nodlogin or MiNodLogin - you can search for them in ESET fixes topic :lock:

{You will follow the next steps ONLY if you want to stay with PureFix :

6. remove license

7. Reboot

8. Run ESET PureFix and click enable .

9. Reboot.

10.manual update (the next updates will be automatic) - now you should be fine . B) }

Edited by AlienForce1

I've uninstalling Eset AV v4, rebooting and installed Eset AV v5, but after a while my computer is running the main windows of the program doesn't show and if I click or left click on the AV icon on taskbar nothing happens.

The AV is running and it get updates, but doesn't show any windows. This doesn't happens in Eset v4.

I've tried reinstalling the program but it's the same.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and have an original key for Eset. Not patchs or cr@cks added.

By the way, in others computers it runs OK.

PS. Sorry my bad english ^_^

I would try using their Uninstaller for your system version at the ESET Website, cleaning the folders out afterwards, then cleaning your registry.. after 2 reboots.. try an installation of 5.. see how it goes.. Could help some.. Should do this is d not to forget about the folders in all areas pertaining to ESET..

I would try using their Uninstaller for your system version at the ESET Website, cleaning the folders out afterwards, then cleaning your registry.. after 2 reboots.. try an installation of 5.. see how it goes.. Could help some.. Should do this is d not to forget about the folders in all areas pertaining to ESET..

Thanks for your answer. I will try this now and see what happens.

Sorry to have jumbled that a bit... I was trying to say not to forget all areas ESET Folders and Files are in.... :P If you have any problems let me know.. :)

Sorry to have jumbled that a bit... I was trying to say not to forget all areas ESET Folders and Files are in.... :P If you have any problems let me know.. :)

I'd understood you well ^_^

Seems to work fine now.

Now I can see the main windows and if I left click on the program in task bar I can see all the options.

Before if I try to double click or left click nothing happened. So I guess everything's ok now.

Thanks for your help HX1.

Edited by Anakin Skywalker

Anythng in your Scheduler that is to happen every 24 Hours or something?.. What about your trial days or .. Well guess you can't open it to see even..

At work I have nod32 4.2.71 + Box.fix.4.30A and all was ok . Today when I did a manual update I received this offer to update ( and now I don`t know if it`s ok to update it or better stay with 4.2.71 - I repeat , the comp. is at work , I can not afford not to go ok) . :huh:

So , what do you think ?

Posted Image

Edit : this is EAV 4.2.71 (Home , not Business Edition)

Edited by AlienForce1

Your image isn't showing up long enough for me to see right now.. but I have never seen an offering from ESET to do this..Plus BE is not ready...IF this is personal edition protection..then I would still wit until after BE has come out.. and I would probably buy a license to cover that system.

Today I wanted to do an update also for program modules , so I grabbed a lic. from internet , I edited the server updates (settings , not registry) and I did a few manual updates .

In the end I received confirmation that program modeles were succesfully updated , below are screenshots with modules updated . But , interesting part is that after reverting the settings how they were (deleted lic. also) I get that `generous` offer from ESET to update to 5.0.84 . I blocked for the moment the option to receive program modules updates - at least till I`m sure that it`s safe to update further ... :huh:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Has anyone tried installing ESS5 in Windows 7 XP Mode?

I tried it twice but it does not seem to work. It causes IE to crash and it slows everything down to a crawl.

After installation, a message is displayed that says the all modules are installed but the firewall is inactive so it does not cause trouble for the network.

When I go to Computer Scan-> Smart Scan, I see that it is automatically scanning the computer but it takes forever for it to scan each file. Clicking on the pause and stop buttons does not end the scan.

Anyone have any ideas or experienced this?

Anythng in your Scheduler that is to happen every 24 Hours or something?.. What about your trial days or .. Well guess you can't open it to see even..

My license expires in March 2012.

The program not show options after 1 hour my computer starts. My last comment says one day but I've realized then.

I'm thinking on going back to Eset v4 because it was working fine with me.

Is eset smart security 5, lagging or slowing down your internet sometimes?My internet feels slower since upgrading to version 5

Is eset smart security 5, lagging or slowing down your internet sometimes?My internet feels slower since upgrading to version 5

which fix you are using

Here v.5 it`s much faster ... :D

Did you installed over v.4 ? -> you should uninstall old vers. (use ESET uninstaller) and clean (files and registry) before installing a new version , or a new AV , Firew., ... (read previous posts in this topic and in ESET fixes)

Edited by AlienForce1

Hi everybody,

I have some problem with using ESS5 which just installed yesterday..

Everything worked fine with ESS5 EXCEPT when i had my Seagate ITB Portable Storage plugged, the computer lagged..(the cursor turned to busy when my mouse rolled over ESS5's Interface)

In fact, just not very long before I had used K(Kaspersky)IS and B(Bitdefender)TS...I didn't have the problem like that..Those two Securities worked fine with my Seagate Portage Storage.

Does anyone know what should I do or It's just a bug of ESS5? Hope there is someone can help me solve the problem.

THANKS~Wish ALL of US HAPPY EVERYDAY! :lol:

Eset Smart Security 5.0.94.0 gives an alert "Detected DNS cache poisoning attack". While the source relates to my Router and the target relates to my MAC address,the protocol is UDP. Is this a false positive or is it something to be worried about?Help me friends. Firewall is set in Automatic Filtering mode. Edited by lifeiscool

Well this would be because of IDS and Advanced Options under Web Access Protection...( Intrusion Detection ) I would suggest configuring your cards and Router to use the same DNS Server.. or unchecking this.. normally this and ARP Poisoning Attack will go off if something is odd about the setup.. Like having one set to get responses from one DNS while the other from somewhere else.. My connection used to drop after awhile off and on when this was causing a problem...

So you can address it in two ways.. turning it off.. or switching the settings and going for a reboot... It would be the same situation if there had been a DNS Poisoning Attack.. or other.. in which your system was responding to Two different locations for DNS Responses..could be wrong but it is pretty simple.. I would make the configuration change for all of your network cards and connections and go from there... I would not turn it off.... and your Automatic Filtering Mode may actually be hiding something else requesting out/in traffic by being on Auto.. I always go for Interactive and take a proactive choice in controlling what goes in and out of my system.. Once you set your own rules in ESS it all goes smoothly... It is doubtful however that your infected... with something but you can always run a second opinion scan with Hitman Pro.. and use other tools.. betting on it being simple however..