Best Security Software Combination.

karachidude

karachidude

Enlighten us with your best "Security Software Combination".

Off course this would include a 1)Anti Virus

2)Spy ware remover

3)Trojan Protection Etc.

Respect to all the Guru's out there.

• Replies 76
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have Antivirus, Antispyware, Antitrojan but no Firewall? ;)

Ok, for the best(in my opinion, it's all about opinion) in each category I would go for:

- ESET NOD32 Antivirus(easily 'fixed', great detection rate, very configurable) or Kaspersky Antivirus(same as ESET, but no easy fix) or Avira AntiVir(almost perfect detection rate, not very configurable, a lot of false positives). (All Antivirus and Antispyware)

- COMODO Firewall

- Trojan Remover

They can all be found on our frontpage.

karachidude

yes its realy hard to find keys for kaspersky. This time it expires i will try ESET NOD32.

this forum rocks.

karachidude

i have tried free software like avg and thats actually the most used free antivirus,it would detect but wont delete.I always had to reinstall or search for manual removal of malware.virus's like AutoRun and WinHuer 32, and these are most widely spread ones wont go with free software(Personal experience).

Nah free software is the way to go in my opinion. My post will be very similar to shought's but with a few differences

1. ESET Smart Security (AntiSpy, AntiVir, Firewall AIO) OR Avira is a good choice for you. If I were you I'd look into NOD32 also, if you wish to use a different firewall.

2. Online Armor OR COMODO - You can't lose with either one. COMODO has more features than Online Armor Free does but try both, see which one you like :)

3. MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware OR Trojan Remover - Again, you can't lose with either one. It comes down to your preference.

1. commonsense

+1 one this one.

I personally have a hardware firewall, keep my system up-to-date and don't do stupid things.

One shouldn't use any software unless he is educated about security first.

karachidude

thanx for the links and tips rocker.these would help anyone who visits this page.

• Administrator

I use ESET Smart Security and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware full version.

You have Antivirus, Antispyware, Antitrojan but no Firewall? :)

Ok, for the best(in my opinion, it's all about opinion) in each category I would go for:

- ESET NOD32 Antivirus(easily 'fixed', great detection rate, very configurable) or Kaspersky Antivirus(same as ESET, but no easy fix) or Avira AntiVir(almost perfect detection rate, not very configurable, a lot of false positives). (All Antivirus and Antispyware)

- COMODO Firewall

- Trojan Remover

+1

You have Antivirus, Antispyware, Antitrojan but no Firewall? :dance2:

- COMODO Firewall

- Trojan Remover

+1

+2 but I change Comodo for Outpost Firewall 2009 Free, this have a better ranking in Marousec ;)

karachidude

I myself use Kaspersky as it is lite on resourses, and for all the good reasons shought mentioned.And as a second I use Trojan Remover,this is the most fantastic program,doesnt let suspicious entries on the registry without asking you,and removes all remnants of virus destruction from the registry.Including opening the folder options for u,enabling the run command,task manager etc.The Virus may may even be on your computer but it wont let it make changes.

@Chocobito:

Maybe you should check Matousec again.

Judging from the result, they had the time checking KIS 2010, but didn't allot any for CIS 3.10 :)

Whatever you guys choose, I would recommend always adding Sandboxie. It's by far the most amazing security application I've ever used. It does take some time to understand and get used to though. Once you understand how it actually works, your software security life will never be the same haha.

This is what I use:

1. Sandboxie

2. Comodo Firewall with Defense+

3. Avira AntiVir

@Chocobito:

Maybe you should check Matousec again.

Judging from the result, they had the time checking KIS 2010, but didn't allot any for CIS 3.10 :)

Matousec has nothing to do with firewalls.

It is more what a HIPS should do.

Basically, a hardware firewall or windows firewall provides you with all the inbound protection you need.

@demonon:

Not all people buy hardware firewall, and Windows built-in firewall is insufficient... at least for XP :)

I'm not sure with the built-in firewall for Vista or 7.

Router = Hardware firewall (in most of cases afaik). ISP's give it for free when you "purchase" an internet connection.

karachidude

home users are normally not suggested to buy hardware firewalls,though there filtering is offcourse efficient.Firewall on the ISPs end is for different purpose.

a good software firewall like zone alarm and outpost are sufficient to keep out hackers and rouge connections.

@demonon:

Not all people buy hardware firewall, and Windows built-in firewall is insufficient... at least for XP ;)

I'm not sure with the built-in firewall for Vista or 7.

What makes you say that?

I am not saying that security software is completely useless, but every sane user can remain uninfected with the things I said. There is only a small chance that he might get a infection if a legitimate site is hacked and infected.

home users are normally not suggested to buy hardware firewalls,though there filtering is offcourse efficient.Firewall on the ISPs end is for different purpose.

a good software firewall like zone alarm and outpost are sufficient to keep out hackers and rouge connections.

I am not trying to say that a hardware firewall is mandatory.

A firewall is mandatory and getting a hardware firewall is a very wise thing to do.

And yes, most routers consist of out a wireless acces point, a switch and a firewall component.

Most of the time these routers run on some sort of *nix OS and most people like to call the hardware firewalls, although the firewall is achieved through a piece of software.

karachidude

ur the more experienced one:)

offcourse a hardware firewall is a dedicated machine,for the purpose of filtering and by far more efficient than a software.

Archived