• Other(specify)
    • I dont know its from outer space!
    • I prefer emptiness!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a couple of turtles though I do wish to set them free but haven't really found a suitable habitat for them, any suggestions ?

What kind? If they're the water type, just put them near a (unpolluted, if possible) lake.

Yup they are water type usually sold in the local market by the name of Singapore turtles(honestly have no idea why though) but they aren't bigger than half of my palm both of'em combined. That is the reason why I'm looking for a place without natural predators(pond/lake but not running water) cause they're too small to fend them off & there aren't many places around here which don't go dry during the peak summer season hence the conundrum btw I love animals but really don't like them caged/trapped probably because around 7/8 years ago I had a pair of birds one of which(parrot) escaped while the other(a smaller breed/different species) grew sick & eventually died of solitary confinement that's why if ever I see a pet owned by someone I know or even if I don't know them personally I do advice them to get another one so that the poor animal doesn't feel lonely as they say birds of a feather flock together & this way they're(the pets) happier as well(hopefully) ;)

Have a aquarium built if you can, and take them in a short trip to a veterinarian doc to tell you what species they are and what to feed them, probably small fish (there are some concentrates/chips around) will do. Have patience for a year or so, enjoy decorating their tank and feeding them, and find a nice pond for them. The vet will tell you the exact species and you will probably find a good place to learn about them once you know what to look for.

PS: Seems the red-eared slider are known as "Singapore turtles"...

Thanks for the link toyo, its just as I thought, releasing them in the wild would be most probably a risk not worth taking as I've had them for a while now & they're definitely not used to hunting/searching for food on their own not to mention the fact that predators like fish(large ones) or even competing turtle species would pose a significant threat(in the wild they have avg life span of about ~20+ yrs while nearly 40 yrs as pets) ! I've thought about an aquarium but there's this problem of space at my home cause they'll definitely need a large® one to move into, I've kept them in a large semi transparent tub due to the fact that they get scared pretty easily & really don't get much sleep due to light/movement as they're sensitive creatures so I'll have to weigh the pros/cons before transferring them to a better place btw thanks again for your effort toyo :lol:

I want to have a cat ruling over me again. We've had this lost cat at work being a nuisance there for a while. I'll be bringing a cat transport case at work tomorrow. So maybe...

grouchysmurf

Yup they are water type usually sold in the local market by the name of Singapore turtles(honestly have no idea why though) but they aren't bigger than half of my palm both of'em combined. That is the reason why I'm looking for a place without natural predators(pond/lake but not running water) cause they're too small to fend them off & there aren't many places around here which don't go dry during the peak summer season hence the conundrum btw I love animals but really don't like them caged/trapped probably because around 7/8 years ago I had a pair of birds one of which(parrot) escaped while the other(a smaller breed/different species) grew sick & eventually died of solitary confinement that's why if ever I see a pet owned by someone I know or even if I don't know them personally I do advice them to get another one so that the poor animal doesn't feel lonely as they say birds of a feather flock together & this way they're(the pets) happier as well(hopefully) ;)

I do not know if this was suggested but you might try a bigger habitat. Because turtles in general have a somewhat long lifespan,

it may take them awhile to grow larger. I am not familiar with the breed of turtle, so you may have to research as to what an average size is.

I have a parrot....and I thought it to curse :troll:

I had a friend who owned an African Grey.. It would moan like the old woman who owned it before them... but we could never figure out which type of moan it was supposed to be.. :P ..LOL but the repetitiveness spoke fathoms.. :lmao:

I do not know if this was suggested but you might try a bigger habitat. Because turtles in general have a somewhat long lifespan,

it may take them awhile to grow larger. I am not familiar with the breed of turtle, so you may have to research as to what an average size is.

No it wasn't but the major problem with say an aquarium is that how'll they react to other creatures like fish or the change in environment & temperature(the glass makes water temp go down quickly as compared to a tub) also it gets really chilly here in the winters(most reptiles like turtles/tortoises enjoy warm surroundings) so have to keep alot of things in mind before going for something like that & I'll probably wait for awhile longer before they grow up. I've done some research on them through the internet but haven't found anything specific besides the general stuff that I'm aware of btw there isn't much info out there either with n00b owners as most of'em keep turtles for feng shui & vets are the same generalizing the whole turtle/tortoise concept unaware of a particular species' distinct characteristics :(

nowdays i became a pet eek.gif

of whom ?eek.gif

are you married? if yes then u ll know

of whom ?eek.gif

are you married? if yes then u ll know

not yet :P

damn....you're f***ed for life bro :troll:

I wish i could have lion, hah never mind, cat is enough for me :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...