Please read the following announcement about thanks posts and their replacement; the like / thanks button.

Welcome to nsane.forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to nsane.forums, like most online communities you need to register to view parts of our community or to make contributions, but don't worry: this is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of nsane.forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Access special members only forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is there any free "Sandboxing" software there for x64 systems?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tweety.Abd

Tweety.Abd

ViP Member

• ViP
  • 1,443 posts
  • Interests:▪ NsaneForums
    ▪ Philosophy (Moral)
    ▪ Physics (Cosmology)
    ▪ Economics
    ▪ Mathematics
    ▪ CyanogenMod
    ▪ FLAC Fondler

• Blank

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Hey,

I were just wondering if there were any free or fixable sandboxing software for x64 bit?

Posted Image

#2 nsane

nsane

ViP Member

• Site Founder
  • 2,373 posts

• United States

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

Comodo Antivirus has a built in sandbox - and it's free. Could use that until the x64 Sandboxie gets fixed :)

#3 Tweety.Abd

Tweety.Abd

ViP Member

• ViP
  • 1,443 posts
    ▪ Philosophy (Moral)
    ▪ Physics (Cosmology)
    ▪ Economics
    ▪ Mathematics
    ▪ CyanogenMod
    ▪ FLAC Fondler

• Blank

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

Comodo Antivirus has a built in sandbox - and it's free. Could use that until the x64 Sandboxie gets fixed :)

I've heard some of the top coders here that Sandboxie x64 cannot be fixed because it's protection is in the driver, and once you modify the driver, the digital signature is void which prevents the driver from loading at boot. So it's virtually impossible to fix it, unless one gets it digitally signed. I wonder if all the softwares (which use drivers) start following Sandboxie, saving it's protection in the driver, but I guess there are some complications too with saving the protection in the driver. I'm not a coder or anything, so I wouldn't know, just thinking. And oh, I too could use the Avast Internet Security 6, but that's not what I requested for, but thanks for your help anyway :) I were asking if there were any similar software to sandboxie which can be fixed or is free x64

Posted Image

#4 HX1

HX1

ViP Member

• Veteran
  • 4,670 posts

• Blank

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

I know Acronis offers a feature called 'Try and Decide' which is much like 'sandboxing' everything... not for sure about the x64 side of things though.. and probably a bit dis-similar from the software you mentioned...

I would be willing to say with experienced engineers.. this would something that might be able to be done..

Edited by HX1, 23 May 2011 - 02:25 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Tweety.Abd

Tweety.Abd

ViP Member

• ViP
  • 1,443 posts
    ▪ Philosophy (Moral)
    ▪ Physics (Cosmology)
    ▪ Economics
    ▪ Mathematics
    ▪ CyanogenMod
    ▪ FLAC Fondler

• Blank

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

I know Acronis offers a feature called 'Try and Decide' which is much like 'sandboxing' everything... not for sure about the x64 side of things though.. and probably a bit dis-similar from the software you mentioned...

I would be willing to say with experienced engineers.. this would something that might be able to be done..

It's a feature of the Acronis True Image Home 2011, and I'd have to have to download the whole suite, and I don't require almost all of it's features except the "Try & Decide" which is not feasible. I appreciate your help, but I need something like sandboxie, I'd use "Try & Decide", but the thing is, it's in the whole suite.

Posted Image

#6 lulz

lulz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

• Blank

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:48 PM

nevermind. bufferzone is not 64bits ready. why not try sandboxie free?

Edited by lulz, 23 May 2011 - 03:52 PM.

#7 Tweety.Abd

Tweety.Abd

ViP Member

• ViP
  • 1,443 posts
    ▪ Philosophy (Moral)
    ▪ Physics (Cosmology)
    ▪ Economics
    ▪ Mathematics
    ▪ CyanogenMod
    ▪ FLAC Fondler

• Blank

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:06 PM

I didn't know Sandboxie were available in free version. I'd like to know the limitations of the free version in contrast to the professional version.

Posted Image

#8 NightWalker

NightWalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Pirate

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

I didn't know Sandboxie were available in free version. I'd like to know the limitations of the free version in contrast to the professional version.

No forced folders/programs ( so you have to manually start your browser or use the shortcut , no usb protection , nag screen after 30 days).

Removes the nag screen that initially appears after you have used Sandboxie for more than 30 days;
Enables the Forced Programs and Forced Folders features;
Allows you to run programs in more than one sandbox at the same time (see message SBIE1303);

Sandboxie free is still nice and if you really want extras , the license is lifetime for all computers that you personally have ^_^

#9 Fixxxer®

Fixxxer®

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

• Pirate

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

There are another free tool called Buffer Zone. Beta version supports [64, but to obtain it you should be registered at their forum, and registration is quite buggy.
Anyway - here is a link to this stuff.
----------
Ubi est mors victoria tua? Ubi est mors stimulus tuus?
If I am not answering - PM me.

#10 Kojootti

Kojootti

ViP Member

• ViP
  • 909 posts

• Pirate

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:53 PM

Hey,

I were just wondering if there were any free or fixable sandboxing software for x64 bit?

Buster Sandbox Analyzer
is Freeware.

Homepage: http://bsa.isoftware.nl/

#11 avmad

avmad

ViP Member

• Veteran
  • 2,383 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

I use Sandboxie free in experimental mode (64bit) and it works well.