Is there any free "Sandboxing" software there for x64 systems?

Tweety.Abd

Tweety.Abd

Hey,

I were just wondering if there were any free or fixable sandboxing software for x64 bit?

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comodo Antivirus has a built in sandbox - and it's free. Could use that until the x64 Sandboxie gets fixed :)

Tweety.Abd

Comodo Antivirus has a built in sandbox - and it's free. Could use that until the x64 Sandboxie gets fixed :)

I've heard some of the top coders here that Sandboxie x64 cannot be fixed because it's protection is in the driver, and once you modify the driver, the digital signature is void which prevents the driver from loading at boot. So it's virtually impossible to fix it, unless one gets it digitally signed. I wonder if all the softwares (which use drivers) start following Sandboxie, saving it's protection in the driver, but I guess there are some complications too with saving the protection in the driver. I'm not a coder or anything, so I wouldn't know, just thinking. And oh, I too could use the Avast Internet Security 6, but that's not what I requested for, but thanks for your help anyway :) I were asking if there were any similar software to sandboxie which can be fixed or is free x64

I know Acronis offers a feature called 'Try and Decide' which is much like 'sandboxing' everything... not for sure about the x64 side of things though.. and probably a bit dis-similar from the software you mentioned...

I would be willing to say with experienced engineers.. this would something that might be able to be done..

Tweety.Abd

I know Acronis offers a feature called 'Try and Decide' which is much like 'sandboxing' everything... not for sure about the x64 side of things though.. and probably a bit dis-similar from the software you mentioned...

I would be willing to say with experienced engineers.. this would something that might be able to be done..

It's a feature of the Acronis True Image Home 2011, and I'd have to have to download the whole suite, and I don't require almost all of it's features except the "Try & Decide" which is not feasible. I appreciate your help, but I need something like sandboxie, I'd use "Try & Decide", but the thing is, it's in the whole suite.

Tweety.Abd

nevermind. bufferzone is not 64bits ready. why not try sandboxie free?

I didn't know Sandboxie were available in free version. I'd like to know the limitations of the free version in contrast to the professional version.

NightWalker

nevermind. bufferzone is not 64bits ready. why not try sandboxie free?

I didn't know Sandboxie were available in free version. I'd like to know the limitations of the free version in contrast to the professional version.

No forced folders/programs ( so you have to manually start your browser or use the shortcut , no usb protection , nag screen after 30 days).

Removes the nag screen that initially appears after you have used Sandboxie for more than 30 days;

Enables the Forced Programs and Forced Folders features;

Allows you to run programs in more than one sandbox at the same time (see message SBIE1303);

Sandboxie free is still nice and if you really want extras , the license is lifetime for all computers that you personally have ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

There are another free tool called Buffer Zone. Beta version supports [64, but to obtain it you should be registered at their forum, and registration is quite buggy.

Anyway - here is a link to this stuff.

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I were just wondering if there were any free or fixable sandboxing software for x64 bit?

Buster Sandbox Analyzer

is Freeware.

Homepage: http://bsa.isoftware.nl/

Archived