Ultrasurf - How To Use It In Other Softwares?

zeon22

Ultrasurf+logo.png

UltaSurf is a product of Ultrareach Internet Corporation. Originally created to help internet users in China find security and freedom online, Ultrasurf has now become the world's most popular pro-privacy, anti-censorship software, with millions of people using it to bypass firewalls and protect their identity online.

US.jpg

Why Use Ultrasurf?

» Bypass firewalls

» Encrypt your activities

» Circumvent censors

» Mask your IP address

» No installation required

» Untraceable

» Fast page loads

» Easy to use

Ultrasurf is a free software that enables users to visit any public web sites in the world safely and freely through a secure encrypted connection. It is a small file (approximately 1.2 MB), and will not install anything on your computer.

Ultrasurf is compatible with Windows, and runs on Internet Explorer or Firefox ( click here to download the Firefox add-on). Certain anti-virus programs may prevent Ultrasurf from downloading. If you encounter this problem, you may need to temporarily disable your anti-virus software.

How does Ultrasurf work?

When a user launches Ultrasurf, the tool automatically discovers the best available proxy servers from our central server pool and connects the user to it via an encrypted tunnel. In this process, the user's IP address is masked, and all their activities and communications are securely encrypted. This allows users to circumvent surveillance, bypass firewalls, and overcome blocking and censorship.

To Download...

- Click the UltraSurf download link on the to download the zip file.

- Once the file has downloaded, look for it in the default location for your downloads, e.g. your downloads folder or on your desktop. The file will be called u.zip.

- Most operating systems will automatically unzip the Ultrasurf file when you double click it. Some may require you to manually unzip the file using a program such as Winzip.

- Once the file is unzipped, double click on the corresponding .exe file. For instance, when you unzip u.zip you will see a file called u1006.exe (or a similar name depending on the version you've downloaded) in the same folder. This is the executable file that runs Ultrasurf.

- Double-click the Ultrasurf executable file. Your internet browser will launch automatically, along with the Ultrasurf interface. A golden lock on the lower right-hand corner of your screen indicates Ultrasurf is on.

- The Ultrasurf interface gives you the option of adjusting your settings. However, the software will work without any adjustments.

- Browse the internet in safety and freedom.

- To close Ultrasurf, simply close the Ultrasurf interface.

UltraSurf in Other Softwares

To use Ultrasurf in other softwares, you need to go to that program settings windows and change the proxy address option (if available). Here I want to use Ultrasurf in my download manager (Orbit Downloader) and here is the tutorial:

1. First open Orbit Downloader.

2. Go to Tools > Preferences...

3. In the Preferences window click on Proxy.

4. Then, select HTTP and in the Host type 127.0.0.1 and in the Port type 9666.

orbitproxysettings.png

5. Click OK. You are done!

You can do the same in your download managers (e.g. IDM, DAP and ...). Remember, If you close the Ultrasurf your download manager will not work. In our example, by selecting "Direct Connection" we can go back to previous settings.

You can use UltraSurf in every other softwares that support proxy settings. Like Firefox, Babylon, Safari and ...

babylon.png

How to Use Ultrasurf with Mozilla Firefox

Here is another example to use Ultrasurf in Mozilla Firefox:

1. Open Firefox and go to Tools > Options.

2. In Advanced tab select Network.

3. Click on "Settings..." button, and configure as screenshot below.

firefox+ultrasurf+settings.png

4. Click OK.

• Replies 14
  • Views 35.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well you can use proxifier.. so you dont have to configure every applet to use proxy server..

nice kabayan!

RadioActive

Quick question, how much of an impact does it have on speed? For instance TOR is effective but slow as hell.

majithia23

@Lohengrin

never tried this one ,

but if interested , you can try the Jap-JonDo networks ,

it provides the same level of anonymity and security like the TOR ( and ,however the developers even put it more than the TOR .... )

and the good thing is , the speeds are better than TOR network .

:)

Bizarre™

@Lohengrin:

Hint: It's all about ExcludeNodes and ExcludeExitNodes.

@majithia23:

I have tried JAP a long time ago, and it's slower than TOR.

majithia23

@Biz

i tried it a few months back ( think 2 months back ... ) ,

and it gave a better performance on my system than TOR , and w/o any personal settings . ran it on default only ....

the browsing was pretty clean and w/o any delays or time outs ....

might be the previous version was slow ,the one you tried , as it was yet to have a good set of authorized relays ,

its better now ... ;)

Bizarre™

@majithia23:

It's the same version. Besides, the servers are slow.

Unlike TOR, you can't choose a high speed server in JAP.

TOR is fast, if one knows how to use and configure it.

recently i use hotspot shield , quick and fast

i have used ultra-surf before but it's slow !

adblock plus get rid of them nicely

the only time i face ads is when i'm at nsaneforums/down because adblock is being disabled

• Administrator

The last time I tried Hotspot, ABP didn't block any ads. :mellow: Probably related to the ABP subscription list I guess.

RadioActive

@Lohengrin

never tried this one ,

but if interested , you can try the Jap-JonDo networks ,

it provides the same level of anonymity and security like the TOR ( and ,however the developers even put it more than the TOR .... )

and the good thing is , the speeds are better than TOR network .

:)

Will give it a try, thanks.

@Lohengrin:

Hint: It's all about ExcludeNodes and ExcludeExitNodes.

I have no idea what you just said :D

• 3 months later...

Note:

Atleast on Firefox 6,you have to manually set the proxy to point at your own computer and port 9666.

127.0.0.1:9666

Or this won't work at all with Firefox.

Also,I wonder why they protected the application with the latest TheMida protector,when it's freeware.. ;)

Could easily do a memory dump and see what they are hiding if i wanted to.

Well,with the firefox add-on it works without tweaking.. (one click on/off solution,nice)

Zeon..your D/L link for the add-on is incorrect..

correct one would be..

http://www.ultrareach.com/downloads/ultrasurf/wjbutton_en.zip

Archived