Comodo Firewall 3.0.8.214 Beta

Zeus_Hunt

Comodo_Logo.gifPersonal Firewall - Secure your system against internal attacks such as Trojan viruses / malicious software and external attacks by hackers. With a user-friendly single click interface you can allow or block access to the Internet offering complete immunity to attacks and total protection of your personal information. Real time traffic monitoring enables you to react instantly to threats and identify bandwidth bottlenecks. Silent Security Technology means no needless alerts with out-of-the-box protection against hackers, Trojans and other unknown threats. Comodo Personal Firewall is the powerful and effective, easy to manage barrier that keeps hackers out and personal information in. Comodo Personal Firewall helps you connect in a secure way to the internet and global networks.

Download

• Replies 17
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ditched Outpost for Zonealarm Pro, because the user interface was much cleaner and simplified. Now I've dumped Zonealarm for Comodo. It is very similar in appearance, but even more streamlined :lol:

I have heard very good things about this firewall. PC Mag. rated it very high also. Less bloated than some others out there I think, and more efficient.

;)

i had install comodo firewall before but after uninstall it still show comodo firewall turn off under the security alert.. never ever will try again.. now using look 'n' stop.. much much better..

i had install comodo firewall before but after uninstall it still show comodo firewall turn off under the security alert.. never ever will try again.. now using look 'n' stop.. much much better..

The problem you mention seem like a problem with corrupt Repository to me. See this thread from Comodo support forums to solve it.

The mentioned problem has nothing to do with the Firewall itself, and you think that for that Comodo is worse than look 'n' stop? ;) I don't think so.

How does this compare to the firewall aspect of Symantec.Client.Security.Corporate.Edition.v3.1.6.

The chart shows Norton Internet Security 2007, but Symantec Norton consumer packages have always been very bloated and resource hungry.

I am considering trying Comodo Firewall with Nod32 to replace my present Symantec.Client.Security.Corporate.Edition.v3.1.6,

does anyone have experience to help my decision?

I moved from Sygate (which was later acquired by Symantec) to Comodo about 6 months back. Similar in function, but it also seems to give the user a little more in terms of customisation. You can set permissions in the Component Monitor and the Application Monitor is pretty easy to use as well. Good indication of Protection Strength.

Try running the firewall on an independant test site, and you'll see for yourself. Can't complain with the price either. It's FREE.

This also means that they don't have to use their resources to ensure you have a legit copy as opposed to a pirate one which means that they're focusing more on the end product like no other commercial firewall application.

Lastly, their statement on WHY it's free just sums it up...

Why is it free?

You must be wondering - how can we stay in business by giving away high quality solutions that all other software vendors sell. Simply, Comodo's main revenue comes from authenticating web business with SSL certificates (e.g. we put the padlock on websites). The more consumers are comfortable being online and shopping online, the more businesses that will be created that will need our services.

It's the ultimate win/ win.

Consumers get business class desktop security solutions for free, emerchants get a new, growing pool of confident online customers and Comodo gets to sell our technologies and services to all these eMerchants.

Source: Comodo

I am considering trying Comodo Firewall with Nod32 to replace my present Symantec.Client.Security.Corporate.Edition.v3.1.6,

does anyone have experience to help my decision?

A perfect choice actually.

I have Symantec.Antivirus.Corporate.Edition 10.1 and Sygate 4.1...

Too much resource used by firewall and Antivirus.... :D

Yesterday a frnd ran NOD32 StandAlone Antivirus ... detected some 10 files for deletion...

Thanks for the feedback,

I have uninstalled Symantec.Client.Security.Corporate.Edition.v3.1.6, and installed Comodo Firewall with Nod32.

All is well, and the Comodo interface and integration is good.

I didn't go with the beta to give it the best chance of working stable, used version 2.4.18.184.

Comodo gives much more technical information if you want it, and the interface is fantastic.

Thanks for the heads up on this, and all the other good apps you flag for us :)

You need to configure for p2p applications (emule/bittorrent), here's a helpful entry in Comodo's forum about this:

Comodo Forum - Emule and Bittorrent tuttorials

Thanks for the app and for all the info, I didnt even know its free. The results it has and the price makes it my favourite without even testing it. I used ZoneAlarm but the Vector service used 50% of CPU so I got rid of it. Being without firewall this little gem comes right in time.

Thank again

Archived