ATI Radeon HD 2600XT vs Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS

Zeus_Hunt

Looking for the best mainstream videocard...

While Nvidia remains quite dominant in the high-end segment, a much larger battle has taken place to offer the best mainstream graphics product. Currently the two leading mainstream cards are the Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS and the ATI Radeon HD 2600XT, both of which are priced well under $200.

Today we will be comparing these two mid-range graphics cards head to head using a 512MB VisionTek Radeon HD 2600XT and a 256MB ASUS GeForce 8600 GTS. While neither product features overclocking out of the box, the Radeon has an obvious advantage in that it sports twice as much video memory. And while this may appear to be unfair, we have found that the average 512MB Radeon HD 2600XT graphics card retails for just $140, while the average price of a GeForce 8600 GTS sporting 256MB of memory is $160.

Therefore, in our comparison between the Radeon HD 2600XT and the GeForce 8600 GTS, we have found the Radeon X1950 Pro to be the winner, go figure.

viewpo0.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 6
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, myself I would rather use 2 nVidia in SLI...

ATI doesn't convince me too much like to buy 2 xD

Better quality in nVidia but for a higher price...

All My life I've been having trouble with movile chipsets from ATI, so I stick with nVidia even though the other one has been chosed victorious...

• 1 month later...

I Also like to stick with Nvidia but in this case i would definitely go with the the ATI.

Hey look 2 Zeus's! or a Zeus and a ZeuZ.

I Also like to stick with Nvidia but in this case i would definitely go with the the ATI.

Hey look 2 Zeus's! or a Zeus and a ZeuZ.

Thank God he does not Hunt as well :P

Nvidia 4erver....

CLI is the way to go how ever

i you wanna get a freakin' 10 outta 10 on vista go all out with twin 8800 gtx utlra 768mb RAM

but make sure you pacK A 650 watt power suppy or more!!

or you might get burned!!

happy HALLOWEEN NSANE AND everybody who PIMPs there COMPUTer with the best SIzITE on THA net

PEACE ouT....>><

Nvidia 4erver....

i you wanna get a freakin' 10 outta 10 on vista go all out with twin 8800 gtx utlra 768mb RAM

happy HALLOWEEN NSANE AND everybody who PIMPs there COMPUTer with the best SIzITE on THA net

PEACE ouT....>><

huh?

Nvidia 4erver....

PEACE ouT....>><

huh?

My sentiments exactly.

Archived