FarCry Now Available for Free

Zeus_Hunt

This popular first-person shooter game developed by Crytek is now available for free with a few in-game advertisements. It is unclear if the free version contains the sandbox editor but it is definitely worth a try.

The game can be downloaded here.

There is a catch however, the game free version of the game will come with in-game advertising. I'm not sure to what extent this is, but I imagine it to be bearable. I'm also not sure if this download includes the original sandbox editor. Actually, after seeing the screenshot fileplanet is using, I'm not even sure if this is the original FarCry. Especially seeing as you'll be playing as the famous ' John Carver'?

If you've never played FarCry or you don't currently own it, then I suggest you head over to FilePlanet for the free 2.7GB download. It should tie you over until the Crysis demo is released on the September 25th. Note that a paid subscription is NOT required to download FarCry, it's 100% free and supported by in-game ads. Also note that Crytek has no involvement in this. Ubisoft has full-rights to FarCry so if this version of the game is screwed, then blame ubisoft, not Crytek.

Download Page

Direct Download - Not Tested

Other Ad Supported games

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting. I've heard this game spanks video cards. You think a PCI-E x16 GeForce Go 7800 GTX w/256MB of GDDR3 would be decent at handling it?

Very interesting. I've heard this game spanks video cards. You think a PCI-E x16 GeForce Go 7800 GTX w/256MB of GDDR3 would be decent at handling it?

Yes your card will be fine. I'm looking at the specs on the back of my box and they're not as high as you would think.

Windows 98, 2000, ME or XP

1 GHz Processor

256MB Memory

GeForce 2 64MB / ATI 8500

DirectX 9

4GB HDD

64Kbps Internet Conn

Those are the minimum specs, so it's safe to say you should be fine.

Archived