Hiren's BootCD : How to integrate new drivers to miniXP

KameSennin

Hi to all. ( sorry for my english )

Hiren's BootCD is a great set of tools, especially MiniXP. I've used for many versions ago with new and old hardware.

I have a nettop acer R1600 ( Revo ) with a slipstreamed ( nLite ) version of WinXP SP3 included NVIDIA ION drives and AHCI mode active. All work fine.

With a external USB DVD drive, I can boot and load Hiren's BootCD without problems.

Horewer, the MiniXP can`t recognise any SATA hard drive with AHCI mode active. Prior to boot Hiren's BootCD,I need to change to IDE mode from BIOS in order for MiniXP can detect the hard drives. Neither I cant use the F6 key, becouse the nonexixtence of the floppy drive.

Then I wonder, exist any method to add new drivers to the MiniXP, directly into de Hiren's BootCD.

Any comment or help are most welcome. Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Views 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do not guarantee 100%, but load driver on USB (uncompressed) and load F6 when needed for boot. HirensCD is not mofifiable by itself

Thanks for your reply.

I'll test if MiniXP get the drivers from a USB stick.

Also, I'll do some test with the new v13.1 and see what happens.

Thanks

bad luck :

- new miniXP from Hiren's BootCD v13.1 still won't recognice any hard drive with SATA AHCI mode active.

- I've trying to boot the nettop using a USB flash stick with uncompressed drivers and activating BIOS settings USB Floppy Emulation, but :

a. Emulation AUTO or FLOPPY : miniXP load and later freeze at the second message "loading Mini Windows XP". Never shows up "Hit F6 ..."

b. Emulation HD : I can get the F6 menu, but miniXP can't see any floppy drive present.

Examing the content of CD, I notice the file "XP.WIM" wich I presum contains the image of miniXP. I don't know if exist a tool to handle this king of image and can integrate drivers into that .wim file.

• 4 months later...

I am sure there is a way to update drivers, Hiren says that on his website'

"Portable Windows Xp that runs from CD/USB/Ram Drive to repair/recover dead windows operating system. It has LAN and WLAN (Wireless) Network includes 300 WiFi/Ethernet card drivers and can also be customized easily to add your own drivers in HBCD\Drivers folder"

• 1 month later...

The wireless and lan drivers are not inside the miniXP, they are in the files next to it, named something WAN and something LAN.

The files are a compression format. *.uha They get extracted from the archive automatically.

Use something like EasyUHA 1.1 [GUI Tool to create and extract UHA Archives] and you will see the drivers inside. Add your own wireless drivers for x86 XP to the archive and replace the archive in the ISO. I'm sure it will work.

I am sure there is a way to update drivers, Hiren says that on his website'

Create a new folder HBCD\XP\Drivers

Place your driver files in that folder. It will search "Drivers" (including subfolders) and add them automatically.

That's the best I can figure ....

"Portable Windows Xp that runs from CD/USB/Ram Drive to repair/recover dead windows operating system. It has LAN and WLAN (Wireless) Network includes 300 WiFi/Ethernet card drivers and can also be customized easily to add your own drivers in HBCD\Drivers folder"

Archived