How To Configure Diskeeper

*dcs18

Nice touch everyone!

I realize you need to let Diskeeper run for a few weeks before you can see any results.

• Replies 79
  • Views 21.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Note: when the "Efficient" Automatic Defragmentation option is enabled, the I-FAAST engine will not run unless you select the "Always enable I-FAAST" option.

Thanks for the info. I missed that part. :)

So yea, I've enabled I-FAAST on all the drives (DK 2010 automatically did that so no worries if I force it) except the "System Reserved".

Yeah, thanks for that info, I missed that too.

So, in reality, if I-FAAST is set on "Auto" , it will not be enabled even after a week , if "Efficient" option is enabled ?

I'll set I-FAAST on "Always enable" instead of "Auto"

So, in reality, if I-FAAST is set on "Auto" , it will not be enabled even after a week , if "Efficient" option is enabled ?

yes

strange in my laptop i faast is on auto with efficient defrag + consolidate all directories on

i fasst was activated 4 hrs after installation of enterprise server 2011 except on d drive which is completely empty

i have 500 gb portable harddrive (only 24 gb empty) i faast was also enabled on it

using windows 7 sp1 x86

strange in my laptop i faast is on auto with efficient defrag + consolidate all directories on

i fasst was activated 4 hrs after installation of enterprise server 2011 except on d drive which is completely empty

i have 500 gb portable harddrive (only 24 gb empty) i faast was also enabled on it

using windows 7 sp1 x86

But you can't enable "Consolidate all directories" if you are on "Efficient" :mellow:

Are you sure you are on "Efficient" ?

If you can, post a picture with both settings enabled.

which one is better? pro premier or enterprise server

Pro Premier for home use, Enteprise Server version is for Server Computers! Stick with Pro Premier!

So . . . . . . . . . . . . according to you what are the ill-effects when one uses EnterpriseServer on one's system instead of Pro Premier - mind you, I've got both (EnterpriseServer and Pro Premier, as well) running on 2 different systems. Look forward to some scientific facts in your response. ;)

Before any word can be write: I want to thank you for your very hard efford on making this tutorial. I'm glad, most options I've checked agree with yours but was necesary someone make a tutorial to be sure and you did it for all of us.

I use Pro Premier version and now I want to install the EnterpriseServer version but I can't found it on DK website and in nSane for download. Where can I get it? Can you put a link to it?... and... also... I can't find the medicine for that version. Please... can someone share it through 'mediafire' 'megaupload' or similar. I'lll be very grateful because I'm happy with DK 2011... really it speed my PC.

Best regards to you and all nSaners!!!;)...;)...

• Administrator

@manu: As shajt mentioned, I doubt you can enable consolidate when set to efficient.

@Pirri: Enterprise Server (x32/x64):

http://downloads.diskeeper.com/trial/Diskeeper2011_EnterpriseServer.exe

For the patch for ES, go here. First post. ;)

@manu: As shajt mentioned, I doubt you can enable consolidate when set to efficient.

@Pirri: Enterprise Server (x32/x64):

http://downloads.diskeeper.com/trial/Diskeeper2011_EnterpriseServer.exe

For the patch for ES, go here. First post. ;)

Thank you very much for your FAST answer!!!

I appreciate it so much...:dance2:...:dance2:

Best regards to ALL @ nSane. ;)...;).

@dkt27 , yes, I can confirm it, did some testing in VM and most def. you can't enable consolidate with efficient.

With i-faast set on Auto , if efficient is enabled, status of i-faast is disabled.

When you switch from efficient to Extensive , then you can enable Consolidate , and after that status of i-faast goes to Enabled automatically.

btw right now I'm very very satisfied with DK , I can feel that system is running smoother.

Only thing I'm not sure about is boot time defrag , should I run it or not.

I guess if that's needed it would appear in recommendations.

• Administrator

@Pirri: You're welcome. :)

@shajt: Thanks for the confirmation. I'll prefer efficient method. I believe it will keep the unwanted hard drive usage less, hence, more life.

About boot-time defrag. I had tried it in DK 2010 and somehow it never worked. :blink: And it doesn't offer many options. That's why I prefer Ultimate Defrags's boot time defrag. It's very customizable and trustable.

True you can't consolidate on Efficient setting...

On my laptop W7 x64 I installed DK 2011 EnterpriseServer everything is good so far but under the Volume Shadow Copy It say's "Dose not exist" ?? but on my other laptop w7 x64 with Pro Premier It show "present" ?? :think:

eYRLj.jpg

I did tried boot time in VM , it has nice options (pagefile defrag, MTF table and running CHKDSK before doing all that).

It worked without any problems.

But I'm not ready yet to run that in my real system , maybe I'll run just the pagefile defrag, MFT table ... I'm afraid to touch that :fear: ^_^

• Administrator

@Brrownie: Dunno about VSS. I have system restore disabled.

About Auto defrag, it waits for idle resources. What you see is fine. Also, there should be atleast some fragments for it to start. :P

@shajt: Nice to hear that. I'll look into it then. :)

I have Rollback installed on that laptop could that be the reason?? I'll check the Restore also...

• Administrator

If I'm not mistaken, RollbackRX strongly advices against any defrag software.

I have Rollback installed on that laptop could that be the reason?? I'll check the Restore also...

That must be the reason , I know it from my own experience.

When I had System restore ON, volume shadow status was Present (or Enabled, can't remember, but one of those two) , but now that I have it disabled, it shows "Does not exist".

Okay tried System Restore ON and OFF dosen't help still Volume Shadow Copy "Does not exist" I think it 's because of Rollback anyway every thing working fine I won't bother... what about Active status sometimes On sometime not , but on my xp x86 machines always on??

me too using diskeeper with rollback rx for preventing fragmentation only

then may i have not read it clearly or something like. i can not post a picture since i am on holidays , just got relieved from the most frustating and mental traumatising exam, looking to get some relaxation. my laptop is at the hostrel of my college and i am at home. sorry i some wrong information about i faast have been posted by me.

i am bit out of my mind. taking sedative to get a good sleep

@ Manu

No need to apologize buddy;) You know what they say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds.:P

Cheers :D

sorry for the mistake just a hour ago i installed the application in my netbook

system restore disabled + extensive defrag + consolidate all directories = ifaast enabled just after installation

Archived