PerfectDisk Professional 11 or UltimateDefrag 3

T0nyB

I use and prefer Raxco PerfectDisk than anything else, I've used it for 5 years; I suggest you to use PerfectDisk specially for "SMARTPlacement" technology that gives you the power too choose the defragmentation method, Peak Performance or Hard Disk Health and even balanced mode.

• Replies 42
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure Kotaxor has read the guide. :) Just that the guide isn't 100% on Windows 7 and UD3.

Did that....but still can't fathom how to get it right.:frusty:

I use and prefer Raxco PerfectDisk than anything else, I've used it for 5 years; I suggest you to use PerfectDisk specially for "SMARTPlacement" technology that gives you the power too choose the defragmentation method, Peak Performance or Hard Disk Health and even balanced mode.

Using the "SMARTPlace Performance Aggressive" preset method here.

If you set the services "PDAgent" to manual...there will also be no additional services started in PerfectDisk.

So is Diskeeper.

Then you will have to do manual defrag instead of auto.

So, I will still prefer PerfectDisk, because I am a defrag noob and don't know how to make the UD settings suitable to me, I just like a fast and smooth computer and, frankly, PD does the job for me, was just interesting to read, what you guys wrote, :P. Thanks for all the replies, :)

The title says PerfectDisk Professional 11 or UltimateDefrag3, and I say , none of this but yes to Diskeeper 14.0.909

prefect. though i might use an older one then the one thats up righ tnow. keep getting the nag screen asking me if i want ot regest it. i keep typing never. oh well. i dont like the UD because frankly i couldnt get it to do anything. i read the guide we have online here many times. give up on it.

prefect. though i might use an older one then the one thats up righ tnow. keep getting the nag screen asking me if i want ot regest it. i keep typing never. oh well. i dont like the UD because frankly i couldnt get it to do anything. i read the guide we have online here many times. give up on it.

run it once in administrator mod if you use Vista or Windows 7

I found another way to mess up my pc. Ran Perfect Disk boot defrag, computer then stopped booting :frusty: Im pretty limited in my pc repair knowledge so decided to reinstall Windows (I was thinking of doing it anyway)

Funny thing was I uninstalled True Image the day before :rolleyes: because last time I used it, it screwed up my disk partitions. Talk about good timing :(

Anyway, back on topic. Decided to install Disk Keeper again and stick with that.

If theres a way of screwing things up, I usually manage to find it :D Just thankfull for Nsane, makes it easy to get good software on a new install, in a short amount of time. :dance2:

Should have just boot into "Safe Mode" and repair from there.

Diskeeper is good especially its "IntelliWrite" technology. Its also set and forget.

Usually installed it on friends' computer.

I tried all I knew and couldn't get into safe mode. Tried lots on Hirens boot disk but couldn't figure out how to fix it. No restore points etc, couldn't get into EAZ. At least its now clutter free again, was nothing important on it to lose. Plus got to use new version of Daz's loader. :)

I could have spent ages asking for help and probably fix it but no real need to rescue anything.

Yes Diskkeeper fit and forget is what im doing now.

If you have your Windows 7 disk, you can also boot up from there and do a repair....but anyway all is over now...isn't it.

But of course a fresh install will rid all the craps that have remain...just ensure you keep your data on another partition or HDD to prevent loss if it ever happen again.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, i feel that Diskeeper 2010 is the best defragger out there...

AFAIK its the only one which has special support for SSD drives..

And if u want a really quick defragger, try Defrag Express.. Its really speedy!

Archived