Need help to make my computer run faster

sanjoa

There is nothing out there that is going to "speed" up the computer to how you want it too.

It may look faster by the eye using these programs but in the back ground they kinda mess things up.

In my personal exp... only install what you need / download & burn music & films to disc.

• Replies 56
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing out there that is going to "speed" up the computer to how you want it too.

It may look faster by the eye using these programs but in the back ground they kinda mess things up.

In my personal exp... only install what you need / download & burn music & films to disc.

+1 :yes:

I don't like TuneUp. One of the problems I'm having is that when I listen to music, it hears as something in the background 'freezes it'.

Hmmm strange I have sounds problem for few months...... Maybe Tuneup you said !?! :huh: I'll do some tests... Thanks.

I don't like TuneUp. One of the problems I'm having is that when I listen to music, it hears as something in the background 'freezes it'.

Hmmm strange I have sounds problem for few months...... Maybe Tuneup you said !?! :huh: I'll do some tests... Thanks.

but.. it doesn't run on the background..

try choosing the win7 default hd audio driver for your sound card. it that fixes it, try getting new drivers for your sound card.

unknownasphyxiated

tune up is really a good software

maybe you can try portable version instead install

site: http://www.megaupload.com
sharecode:/?d=UUARPKQS

disable unnecessary services can help too...

aside from black viper's post on win7 http://www.blackviper.com/Windows_7/servicecfg.htm

change your ess to eav

changing display setting can help alot

I am going to take a look at this.. BUT I remember another thread I typed about this to you specifically.. quite awhile back before you had your most recent MOBO issues.. Those points still.. apply..

I can by scanning through thread.. see that there is a ton of work to be done... and I would get Windows 7 Manager.. one program.. and leave it at that for now... Covers all of the areas you will need to address..

AND if your not done installing software.. do so.. so that this can be full and current.. but I will have to come back to this after I address the HiJackThis! Log.. then go through system configuration... Need to know if you use Aero.. and all of th effects or eye candy on Windows 7... and what forms of Home Network use if you have or other systems you may connect to.. o that we know how to cut down on some of the svchosts.exe's and services that are running..

I don't connect to another network at home or work. I only use a 3G mobile modem broadband connection

I don't connect to another network at home or work. I only use a 3G mobile modem broadband connection

Okay then ( I think I noted somewhere ).. you should kill Services related to home networking.. including 'Server'.. and Home Group related stuff.. You can also completely remove Media Center if you don't use it..

C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\ET6\GUI.exe - What is this? Is it needed?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe - If secondary scanner set it so you have it running any services unless needed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Volume Panel\VolPanlu.exe - This is not needed, all too many times many people do not use/need extra options.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe - This should not be running..Check Services..

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad Muncher\AdMunch.exe - Personally would opt out for something that only runs when needed.. and doesn't require an extra service to run..

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe Why are there two of these?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll - Uninstall Adobe Reader and Related PDF Programs from Adobe, also uninstall the extra ddon for Flash in Firefox if the plugin is there for the updater/downloader.
O2 - BHO: Aplicación auxiliar de inicio de sesión de Windows Live ID - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll - You can actually remove this..

O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: ChromeFrame BHO - {ECB3C477-1A0A-44BD-BB57-78F9EFE34FA7} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome Frame\Application\7.0.517.43\npchrome_frame.dll - Is this really Needed?
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" - This should not be here.
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray - I don't think this should be running in the tray..
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P17RunE] RunDll32 P17RunE.dll,RunDLLEntry - This is here but I don't think its needed and you should only need Windows Vol Control.
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VolPanel] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Volume Panel\VolPanlu.exe" /r - Same thing here..
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SwitchBoard] C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe - This shoudl not be here..
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeCS5ServiceManager] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS5ServiceManager\CS5ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin - Thi is not needed unless you use Adobe Services.. for CS5.. un-necessary for proper function otherwise..
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start - Definitely should not be running in startup..
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad Muncher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad Muncher\AdMunch.exe" /bt - Said my thing about this one but up to you..
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [EasyTuneVI] C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\ET6\ETCall.exe - Don't think this is needed..

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\isuspm.exe -startup - Has to do with the Install Sheild updater used to come with Corel Draw.. remove it and you may have to remove the location of the updater and/or uninstall it..
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'SERVICIO LOCAL') - You can set this not to start up unless you use gadgets and even if it should be on Delayed Start.

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'Servicio de red') - Same

O4 - Global Startup: Actualizar la licencia de ESET.lnk = ? - Not for sure what this says in Spanish BUt you should have one Service and the GUI in strtup..

O18 - Protocol: gcf - {9875BFAF-B04D-445E-8A69-BE36838CDE3E} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome Frame\Application\7.0.517.43\npchrome_frame.dll - Still wondering why this is necessary..

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: c:\progra~1\agnitum\outpos~1\wl_hook.dll - Guessing your running Outpost Firewall.. only then will you leave this and other entries for it.. ( making sure its not a remanant )

This whole section.. given you have removed the rest thoroughly... needs to be combed through and descriptions read.. then you need to disable services accordingly.. removing items which ave nothing to do with how you use your system.. Including extra Network services .. Like Network BIOS..things of this nature. It will speed boot time and make running your computer more efficient and lighter as you put it last time. Very few that are actually needed when it comes to one system on a network used by one person.. without resources on the home network..
Removing svchosts.exe entries as they are QUITE numerous..( from this list only steps above to shut some of them down only )

O23 - Service: Creative ALchemy AL6 Licensing Service - Creative Labs - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\AL6Licensing.exe - WTH is this needed for? Disable..
O23 - Service: Creative Audio Engine Licensing Service - Creative Labs - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\CTAELicensing.exe - Same thing remove.. or disable

O23 - Service: Creative Audio Service (CTAudSvcService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Shared Files\CTAudSvc.exe (file missing) - Figure out if this is actually needed to run the audio..

O23 - Service: Defragmentation-Service (DfSdkS) - mst software GmbH, Germany - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ashampoo\Ashampoo WinOptimizer 7\Dfsdks.exe - Would do this manually but up to you..

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\ehome\ehrecvr.exe,-101 (ehRecvr) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\ehome\ehRecvr.exe - These can be disabled if you do not need the Media center
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\ehome\ehsched.exe,-101 (ehSched) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\ehome\ehsched.exe - These can be disabled if you do not need the Media center
O23 - Service: ESET HTTP Server (EhttpSrv) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\EHttpSrv.exe - I don't think is actually runs all of the time except during file submission..

O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing) - Not needed

O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe - I remember covering this before.. REMOVE it and all of its little pieces..

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe - Figure out if this is needed all of the time..

O23 - Service: MBAMService - Malwarebytes Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe - May need to be switched to manual

O23 - Service: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Update\NASvc.exe,-200 (NAUpdate) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Update\NASvc.exe - This is not needed..

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: SwitchBoard - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe - Not needed

O23 - Service: TeamViewer 5 (TeamViewer5) - TeamViewer GmbH - C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Version5\TeamViewer_Service.exe - I wouldn't have this run unless needed.

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing) - ???

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\WcsPlugInService.dll,-200 (WcsPlugInService) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe\system32\svchost.exe - You need to check ad verify this.. shoudl not ever be another SVCHost on your system, application that require it should be eliminated from the roster.

O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing) - Slows down boot time make sure its not running on boot..

I have made notations out to the side of each thing left.. and each thing left is what I see that needs to either be altered in the most efficient manner.. or removed.. some are up to your discretion as what needs to be done.. given that automatic startup and so on is the most undesired.. and get another PDF Reader or editor..remove that part of Adobe if you have CS5.. if you only have the the Reader or w/e uninstall everything related..

Windows 7 Manager can help you remove registry entries related to your startup.. and will also allow you to go to the Task Scheduler and use its tool to address the Scheduled tasks.. and Optimize them... You can also remove things in red in the tool as they are invalid entries and cause system operational issues.. There are quite a few in the Tasks area that may need to stay.. BUT there are even more that can be completely disabled.. This is also important because some of the services will be triggered as well by this.. and only can be optimized or disabled here.. without throwing an exception or an error.. ( I also use some of the other options in Windows 7 Manager as well as WinASO.. both recommended programs.. ) Have to be careful with some of the settings ( which I am sure you know.. especially the aggressive Registry Cleaning.. and advanced settings )

You can also optimize your system response times by cutting down on the animations and effects on the system.. clear that out of the way and response time can increase providing you have done the rest of the optimizations and other items are not getting in your way..

Make sure when you done with all of this.. to do a Disk Cleanup, registry cleaning ( carefully going over the items.. and making sure you do not remove anything you can't research or understand.. ) then defrag the registry and you system HD... ( each one with a reboot ) and you SHOULD be set until one of these programs update.. and you have to optimize it... I would also make sure to navigate to areas which are going to require thumbnails to be made.. and clear the search indexer of any unnecessary items.. and allow it time to finish the indexing.. the database file for both of these will become fragmented in most cases.. which can also interfere with performance.. so you want to make sure you have the files in place, the databases created.. and then defrag the HD..

I have a tool for clearing all Windows 7 Logs.. let me know if you need it.. But lastly I would clear all logs and do a clean shutdown and reboot.. then I would open the Event Viewer and check for warnings and errors and post back.. or address those issues if any exist.. ( even some remnants of the previous cleaning which may need to be finished out.. )

EDIT: Including the BAT file.. You must right click the file and Run as Administrator.. For Windows 7 Only I believe.. Just to be safe.. for others.. Also do a search for NoSleepHD... if you have an external device or drive which has a tendency to go to sleep.. and system settings in Power Options ( which I also suggest addressing for optimal power usage.. as well with custom plan and settings.. ) has no effect on it.. ( Like a Seagate EHD for example )..

Clear ALL Logs 7.rar

EDIT2: I forgot to look at this..

Here you are

aTi4L.png

Starting from the top..

Adobe Updater can be run manually.. and should only be set to run on a schedule.. if you choose to run it .. but its not necessary on startup ( I have also made a shortcut to mine.. )

AmIcon thing what is that and why is even needed.. for startup..

BCSSync not needed on startup.. just like Sharepoint isn't for most unless this part of what you use at work..

Outpost Feedback should not be needed ..

Process Governer and Process Lasso.. I don't suggest using or having run at startup.. sort of pointless if you get everything under control in my opinion..

Next section.. Remove...

Adobe ARM

Adobe CS5 Service Manager which should have already been addressed..

ISUS Scheduler is not needed and is apart of Installsheild Updater f I remember correctly..

Switchboard should have already been removed.. ( I think some of these re redundant )

Easy Tune.. You don't need that but maybe like a few times am I right.. anyway I would remove it if you don't need it.

This ESET entry is it like Minod Login or something?

Next section would be removing the ISUSPM Startup..

Sort of redundant but still... LOL

I've done all that. But I'm still having problems with music. And the ESET entry is MiNodLogin itself.

And there are two messenger running because my two accounts. :P

DPC Latency Checker is a portable utility to check the real-time capability of your PC to handle audio and video.

Thesycon’s DPC Latency Checker is a Windows tool that analyses the capabilities of a computer system to handle real-time data streams properly. It may help to find the cause for interruptions in real-time audio and video streams, also known as drop-outs. The program supports Windows 7, Windows 7 x64, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows XP, Windows XP x64, Windows 2000.

unknownasphyxiated

DPC Latency Checker is a portable utility to check the real-time capability of your PC to handle audio and video.

Thesycon’s DPC Latency Checker is a Windows tool that analyses the capabilities of a computer system to handle real-time data streams properly. It may help to find the cause for interruptions in real-time audio and video streams, also known as drop-outs. The program supports Windows 7, Windows 7 x64, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows XP, Windows XP x64, Windows 2000.

this tool is for streaming video and audio

check here

I haven't found a driver making trouble. I'm going to put on fire my HDD :badmood: :rant: :pos: :mad2: :ablow:

What is the exact issue you are having? I mean I see you say there is a problem.. but what evades me?

OH and what Codec Pack are you using..

I'm having trouble while playing songs: something hung them up, something in the background. I'm using K-Little mega codec pack.

I always had issues with Mega and always use full besides that every time I tried installing Mega.. my Security Center would go nuts..

Is this only with one player or all of them... and in these players are there any plugins or options for synchronizing to devices.. last part of that would be do you have any devices plugged in? even a USB stick... Noticed a few issues and seen problems related to it and have a few solutions for that.. ( Like n Winamp for example.. I removed the files that all start or include PMP___.dll.. because regardless of what I was doing it would always lock up.. and I don't sync to devices anyway.. after that all was okay, WMP12 I had to change the options and allow an XML file to be written to all devices so that they would not try to sync or even search the devices.. )

Last but not least I have also noticed with some files that are downloaded via.. Torrents.. can have corrupted data within the file.. for some reason when this occurs and is read by the system and by the player the system can freeze... and it will continue to do so... until you either erase or shred the file or partially corrupted ( sometime not completely finished files.. ).. or even disconnect the device which it is on.. if it resides n your native HD.. the only way to go about it is to remove the file and replace it.. but it needs to be shredded and removed from the HD or where ever it is or it will continue to give the issue.. Hard one to track down..

EDIT: You may also want to add an exception for the directory to ESET.. and for files relative to the player that are being accessed while its playing just to see if it is interfering..

but.. it doesn't run on the background..

try choosing the win7 default hd audio driver for your sound card. it that fixes it, try getting new drivers for your sound card.

Thanks.

Btw, yes, Tuneup 2010 run in backgrounf (default config).

I have tested last drivers (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver ) R2.4x.... :(

++

• Administrator

Just a question, is you WD Green has anything to do with it? (incase I missed your previous posts).

@DKT WD Green is working OK. A friend of mine has the same HDD and he has never had a problem like this.

@heat28 The problem is with all players (MPC, WMP, Foobar). There's no USB stick connected, only my mobile modem for broadband 3G connection (I'm thinking in replace it in a month using a 3G router).

• Administrator

You made sure that you have proper sound drivers and are properly configured? I'm not sure what the creative drivers are for? Is it possible that you have installed two different drivers for audio from different manufactures (by mistake)?

Is it n the same song.. or playlist? Have you tried running one song different each time in them? Would definitely run the Codec Tweak Tool.. and have look for and repair broken codecs... Most of the time these are resolved when you install but it should ask if you want to repair them.. regardless its not a bad way to go.. Next I would check on the sync settings for each one..

My bet is going to be on a corrupt file in the directory where your getting your music from.. Windows 7 seems to have it in for bad files... not for sure if they are infected files or simple corrupt.. mine occurred when I had a crash or hard shut down with uT.. ( don't remember what I was doing.. ) but it was running... I also had torrent files where I had chosen to only download certain files.. and instead parts of other files were downloaded and some never quite completed... when I rebooted instead of uT registering what had happened and scanning these files.. it just started right back downloading.. I wound up with several incomplete and several corrupt.. I had download again to get the files.. and it didn't have a hitch after.. have run into this problem when transferring files from drive to drive... and had to come back and erase the files.. and do the same .. in some case the sources of the file seemed to be corrupted.. but anytime I tried to access the drives or files in that directory I always ran into a problem.. all the way to complete system freeze.. Almost like its gets detected as an attack.. or something.. and lock down ensues.. ( but I don't know like I said its 'Like'... )

Is your 3G connected via USB? or RJ45? ( or ather via Network and are you detecting UPnP Devices over Network - Network Discovery ) Router would be a better way to go I think.. Modems are sort of last century IMO ... :) If you are able to unplug this and everything is okay then its being picked up as a device.. and the system may be crawling or attempting to crawl or connect/scan the device in the background...looking for files... put this n combination with updating/codec access/system resources usage... and/or possible corrupted files.. you may have something there that is causing it..

Anyway I would check your codecs.. and settings first.. then address each programs synchronization ( and like in Winamp I have to remove the files to make it stop... It would actually lockup without playing a file but woudl start when files were loaded into the playlist.. I think when accessing the files for info..) including Foo and WMP12's settings and Foo is similar to Winamp.. so it may have something to do with it.. Then I would try it all without the 3G... Last but not least I would be looking at finding or remembering instances which surrounded the acquisition of said files... and possibly copy to external then shred them all off the drive and see if it stops... ( making sure to unplug the EHD first ) somewhere in the troubleshooting you should find an answer or something that could point you in that direction...

@DKT They're from Sound Blaster. I've got a Sound Blaster Audigy SE.

@Heat28 It happens in all songs I play. I don't use any torrent soft. The modem does connect by USB. Codecs are OK.

• Administrator

Recently, when I installed PowerDVD, I was having many (many in this case is uncountable) problems playing files. I found it was interfering with my other K-Lite codecs even for different players. Could it be that you installed a media player that has it's own codecs that is interfering with the normal ones? Also, is the problem there from the time you took the new MOBO? You may have done a clean install on your new HDD right?

Foobar, MPC and WMP have their own codecs? The problems I've got with the mobo were most related to the case, I've changed my old :shit: case for a LANCOOL PC K-58 Shadowfire.

And this is a new fresh install on my HDD.

You know that could be part of the problem... If each player has their own codecs .. you may need to open the Codec Tweak Tool and set default codecs for each file type.. indicating which player you want to use its own.. If K-Lite has placed in the registry... indicators for the codecs to be used for various file types ... and there are also indicators within the registry for each player then you may have an access problem.. Like running two AV's in some cases where the system will lock up scanning a file.. The players may lock up because it is trying to load or use multiple codecs for the same thing.. which then triggers an incompatibility.. It would be good idea to look there anyway.. and use system codecs where possible.. or indicate specifically per file/ per player... This could be the junction where its going wrong... Another idea would be the audio card settings as well if there s anything pertaining to codecs in its settings.. It would be where I looked next.. Sort of like what DK was saying above with the DVD thing..

I think it is actually in managing the filters.. I would look to be specific but I am a little pressed for time right now..

Archived