Zombies confirmed for Call of Duty: Black Ops

nsane.forums

It's official: the undead are rising once more for Call of Duty: Black Ops. As reported by Computer and Video Games, Treyarch announced today that the popular zombie feature is back, confirming what it calls one of the "worst kept secrets." The return was teased yesterday on the game's website, gknova6.com.

Four players will be able to face the onslaught in co-op, and the developer promises some fresh twists along the way. "We've taken extra special care to retain the essential ingredients of our Zombie game, and have also crafted a nice surprise for the fans," said Treyarch boss Mark Lamia.

The feature was unofficially revealed earlier in the week when it was shown in several retail listings for the strategy guide, as well as in a press release for the book. It was also exposed in a Best Buy Canada listing for the Prestige and Hardened editions of the upcoming game.

The zombie-shooting mode was first included in Treyarch's previous title, 2008's Call of Duty: World at War. "Zombies have been such a hit with our community that we were committed to bringing brand new zombie experiences to Call of Duty: Black Ops."

Call of Duty: Black Ops is set to hit store shelves on November 9 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii and PC.

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! :D I preordered this game and cant wait for it! :D

Cancel that black ops preorder and preorder Medal of Honor 2010 instead. :D

The multiplayer gameplay on MOH is legendary, the game developers actually listen to the fans and produce more fun games. Black Ops wasn't even developed by the old Infinity Ward developers we know and love. Infinity Ward developers left the company because Activision greedy bastards stole money from them. The good old Infinity Ward developers formed a new company called Respawn Entertainment and they publish under EA now. I can't really support Activision for being such greedy bastards to rip off the developers of their biggest selling games.

Besides, MOH 2010 is really the better option anyway.

Yeah Sir , it seems like Medal of Honor will take the road from here ,

as long as my playstation 3 is jailbroken i get the chance to play them both for free :lol:

lets wait and see

PS3 online sucks the only good thing bout the ps3 is the blue ray... that it LMAO!, HAHAHA Xbox live is way way way way way WAY! batter.. but each to his or her own. Medal of honor looks to odd it looks just like Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 lol but still both are going to be FUN games... =-)

jailbroken ps3 cant log-in the psn anyhow yet

i dont mind losing the online gaming since i dont have that powerful connection

nba2k11 is out

and it's gonne be rocking

this month is full of Sh!t

:fear:

i hate the xbox stuff , i had the red death circle and after then quit every xbox thingy

i like psn , but i'm not a fan of online gaming , alot of stuff are banned and not available in syria

MOH Limited Edition is Out on xbox 360

but i heard some news about PS3 version

it does requires the update

Lame move EA <_<

everybody is getting into zombies nowadays...seems like the new trend...heck, if a game ain't selling, let's put zombies in it....yeah that sounds like a good idea, even tho the whole internet already thought about it before us

real nice....These kind of games are the games I "love" the most...creativity effort rating -1

MOH Limited Edition is Out on xbox 360

but i heard some news about PS3 version

it does requires the update

Lame move EA <_<

what update? you mean firmware update? Most games for PS3 come with a requirement of a certain firmware version and if the console does not have that version the disc updates it. I'm never gona jailbreak my ps3, because honestly it would cost me more money to pirate a ps3 game than to buy it original, lol. Plus I can use my bluetooth headset to thrash talk. not to mention the jail break device costs some money too. School + work has had me busy for a few months now so I have not turned on my ps3 in months, FPS games I will always get for PC though because you can't aim with the accuracy and speed on a console as you can with a laser gaming mouse on a PC. I doubt I would be wasting money on Black Ops because the multiplayer for those games are so filled with cheaters and hackers it's not fun. In Bad Company 2 on steam there are hardly any cheaters and if you do find a cheater well you can jump in a tank or a helicopter and go kill his ass to oblivion.

Ps my psn name is LeetPirate of course, you guys can add me, although we won't be able to play any games since we are on opposite sides of the world there will be lag.

Also yes zombies is shit, wtf does a game like black ops have to do with zombies, it's the one franchise that wasn't infected with that type of shit. If people want zombies they will play left 4 dead, nobody plays call of duty for zombies. what a lame idea.

yes it does require FW update to 3.42

which will make jailbreaking impossible right now

hope to hear good news from the scene about it

Beside ( i jailbroken my ps3 with no money using my Nokia N900 )

and you can easily purchase that Teensy 2.0 ++ dev board (for 18 bucks and burn the psgroove hex files in it ) . check here

Boom you are done

with 18-20 bucks you can do it ... :fear:

Nop sir , MOH isn't delievering at all

it got wiped out in most sites reviews between 6.5 to 7.5 :lol:

i think the framerate issue killed the fun in the game :angry:

So let's all wait for the black-ops

it's our only hope now -_-

LOL yes I heard similar feedback from people I know. I downloaded the beta of MOH but I have not gotten any time to even try it out as yet. Bad Company 2 still rocks though. My imbecile friend preordered a black ops game server for us to play but I dunno if I will ever get time to do it. :(

Why would you need a blueray burner & discs?!

You can burn ur games on Dual layer DVD

or just simply copy ur games on ur internal HDD or any external fat32 formatted HDD

and you are done

@fl0ppy

if ps3 needs a code after jailbreaking then what's the use of jailbreaking

if you want to play using jailbreak

1. you have to jailbreak your device . Mod chip , mobile phone , development boards [anything you can afford & want][personally i recommend dev boards coz it's updated instantly , and all updates are compiled for them so quickly ]

2. you have to download ps3 games [torrent , direct links whatever the sh!t is]

3.you can ftp the game [you downloaded] to your internal ps3 HDD [using filezilla & ps3 ftp server]

or You can [if it's oki] to copy the game to an external HDD which is fat32 , after you create a dir called "GAMEZ"

4. you can load your games from the backup manager or any manager you like and use

5.have fun

P.S : MOH was encrypted with a new code that requires 3.42 FW update , sony is winning nowadays , and i guess unless they work some Custom firmware

most of the new games wont work either

On pirated game u can't play mp -_-

not true...

how are u going to sign into psn without having the latest FW ?!:sneaky:

the tools to bypass the update requirements are not workings

i need a ps3 jailbreak 3.50 firmware! lil' help plz tia! :) -peace

Download: Site: http://filesmy.com/

Sharecode: 0g991B [?]

GUIDE:

1.Download Backup Manager from above and copy onto any standard FAT32 formatted USB flash drive

2. Power off your console (For Fat model you can flick power switch in the back. For slim you must unplug power cable and re-plug out of back of console).

3. Insert PS Jailbreak into your consoles USB port (you should have nothing else plugged in) 4. Press power button on console, release power button and then immediately press the eject button (You will then see two lights while the console loads. If the light turns green then that means PS Jailbreak is working,if it turns red then that means you did not press power/eject in a quick enough sequence. If you see red light please un-plug your console from the wall and begin step 4 over again).

5. Insert USB key with backup manager downloaded on it.

6. On main system menu go to "Game", then "Install Package Files", and click to install Backup Manager.

7. Scroll down game menu and you will see Backup Manager application, please click on it 8. Insert your licensed game that you would like to backup into the drive, if you wish to backup to an external hard drive please insert it now. Click O button to backup game. You will be asked if you would like to backup to external hard drive (by clicking no it will ask you to backup to internal hard drive).

9. To load a backup game please insert any game into the drive (You can have any real PS3 game in the drive, but you must leave 1 game in the drive to access your 100's of backups. This ensures reliability in the game loading process).

Some hacker is advising not to buy the usb device as yet because it will get blacklisted soon.

Sony PS3 Jailbreak: Free Method Coming Soon?

By: Alan Ng | August 23, 2010 | More In: Gaming, Sony Playstation 3

sony-ps3-free-jailbreak.jpg Following on from our report which informed you about Sony's possible plans to ban anyone using the new PS3 jailbreak solution, we now have some fresh details from community hacker Mathieulh, who says that the USB method may be available via alternative means.

As taken from PS3Hax, Mathieulh has posted a recent message on Twitter, in relation to PSJailbreak – a USB plug and play device which allows a new way to enable homebrew applications and gives users the ability to save games onto the hard drive.

However, Mathieulh thinks that Sony will fix the problem up with a firmware update, rendering the USB device useless for the time being. He states that the guys responsible for PSJailbreak definitely used Geohot's PS3 jailbreak method on their USB device and reveals that the exact chip used for it, has already been identified.

As a result, he advises PS3 owners NOT to purchase the USB dongle, as a free and alternative method to allow homebrew content will be available in the nearer future. You can see the message on his Twitter account here.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the PS3 will now go down the same route as the PSP?

i need a ps3 jailbreak 3.50 firmware! lil' help plz tia! :) -peace

Buddy , you have to know something

You cant [ever] Jailbreak FW 3.50 [for now]

the jailbreak is impossible right now even for FW 3.42

Your best guess is to buy a new hardware and update it to 3.41 or even less FW's [3.15] are now supported , or wait altho i cant see anything new to jailbreak 3.50 , keep in mind also you cant downgrade coz some of the FW files are stored in the NAND Not on the HDD ....

Maybe only custom fw might do it

Then YOU CAN JAILBREAK

@Leet

You can jailbreak using ur mobile phone [iphone 2G/3G , HTC evo , Nokia N900] for free

it's called Ps-freedom

but not every mobile phone is supported of course

Archived