GFI Software acquires Sunbelt Software

Lite

• Administrator

Today, it was announced that Sunbelt Software has been acquired by GFI Software. The new combined entity will provide a wide range of security and infrastructure software solutions, both on-premise and in the cloud.

First, let me say that we’re thrilled to be part of the GFI team. Throughout our discussions and interactions with GFI, we have been continually impressed with their dedication to quality, customer service and superior performance throughout the company. Both companies are similar in their attitudes and practices with regard to customer service, product quality, strategic vision, organizational styles and culture.

On the technology side, the acquisition allows us to expand into several areas, which we believe are essential for us to grow as a company and continue to provide leading-edge technologies to our customers. These areas include vulnerability assessment, patch management, data leakage prevention, hosted/cloud-based technologies, and solutions for MSPs.

We have already identified a number of synergies between the products, and are working with the GFI team on these areas. These include putting our VIPRE technology into various GFI products (such as GFI MAX and GFI MailSecurity); and integrating GFI's DLP technology and vulnerability/patch management into VIPRE Enterprise. More details will be forthcoming as we execute on the product roadmap.

In addition to the technology side, GFI provides additional resources in terms of capital, management expertise, systems and new markets that will continue to propel our products and our teams to the highest level of achievement possible.

For the time being, both companies are hard at work, integrating the various sales, marketing, finance, and technology teams. Our goal is to make the combination of the companies as seamless as possible to our customers and partners.

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 3
  • Views 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just updated the listing of Sunbelt VIPRE. Better check out what it is called next :) It will take some time for it to be transferred to the new company I reckon.

I just updated the listing of Sunbelt VIPRE. Better check out what it is called next :) It will take some time for it to be transferred to the new company I reckon.

Ditto! said as clear as it can be said :ph34r:

Jordan de Souza

So... this is GOOD news, uh? But... i never known about GFI company, do you?

Archived