Nintendo Wii Recall

sarge52

(taken from yahoo news, full story HERE)

TOKYO - The reception of Nintendo's Wii video game console has been enthusiastic — too enthusiastic, apparently, for the straps that are supposed to keep the game controllers in the hands of players.

ADVERTISEMENT

After widespread reports of controllers flying out of the hands of overly energetic players to cause a Wii bit of damage to TV sets, walls and bystanders, Nintendo is recalling 3.2 million straps to replace them with tougher stuff.

The console's motion-sensitive remote controller can be swung like a tennis racket, golf club or sword, depending on the game. But soon after the Wii went on sale last month, the excesses of overzealous players became apparent.

Nintendo will now allow customers to exchange the old straps, which have a 0.024 inch diameter, for a beefed up strap that has a diameter of 0.04 inch, company spokesman Yasuhiro Minagawa said.

"People tended to get a bit excited ... and in some cases the control would come loose from their hands," Minagawa said. "The new strap will be almost twice as thick."

:)

official form and recall info @ Nintendo

• Replies 8
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bolt_Gundam510

:P you mean Nintendo had a recall. but some times even they need to fix some things. but think of it like this. they tryed to get all the bugs or what ever out of the system and controlers. the best they could. i guess they didn't know that the strap on the controler would break.

ohhh well, atleast their problem isnt big and the wii wont melt disks or anything :)

sounds like a bs recall. anyway, what console melts disk?

Bolt_Gundam510

ohhh well, atleast their problem isnt big and the wii wont melt disks or anything :)

sounds like a bs recall. anyway, what console melts disk?

just a figure of speech. but the x-box 360 might melt disks. they haveing problems all over the place you know. :blink:

Bolt_Gundam510
they are just recalling the straps and or the controller. the system itself is fine

i know that, i was trying to make a funny there. B)

boulder omen

they said the xbox 360 disc spins so fast, that if one grain of sand got inside the console, the disc will be instantly destroyed.

they said the xbox 360 disc spins so fast, that if one grain of sand got inside the console, the disc will be instantly destroyed.

lol, the only thing holding me on to the Xbox is Halo, if it was made for the PS3.... so long Xbox

Archived