Windows 7 Update - DO NOT INSTALL KB971033

CrAzYNeSs

I just noticed this Windows Update as I got the icon showing in my lower right hand corner. Suspiciously I checked the description and to my surprise, there it was.

So just a heads up to my favorite people at Nsane. You probably do NOT want to install it.

There is an update available to the activation and validation components in Windows Activation Technologies for Windows 7.

Windows Activation Technologies helps you confirm that the copy of Windows 7 that is running on your computer is genuine. Additionally, Windows Activation Technologies helps protect against the risks of counterfeit software. Windows Activation Technologies in Windows 7 consists of activation and validation components that contain anti-piracy features.

* Activation is an anti-piracy technology that verifies the product key for the copy of Windows 7 that is running on your computer. The product key is a 25-character code that is located on the Certificate of Authenticity label or on the proof of license label. These labels are included with each genuine copy of Windows. A genuine product key can only be used on the number of computers that are specified in a software license.

* Validation is an online process that enables you to verify that the copy of Windows 7 that is running on your computer is activated correctly and is genuine.

• Replies 33
  • Views 31.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nothing to worry about this ... check the link posted by dcs18 .... we've been playing with this even before it became available for download :lol:

nothing to worry about this ... check the link posted by dcs18 .... we've been playing with this even before it became available for download :lol:

Micro soft has made this update optional...meaning you can choose NOT to install it and for future updates this particular update can be hidden from appearing again on the update options

LOL I installed it knowing what would happen. I'm not worried. I really do hate that ugly black screen back there. Looking forward to either a patch or enough money to afford windows 7.

Installed it, went to www.microsoft.com/genuine/ with IE

Microsoft thanks me for using a genuine version of Windows...

FAIL Microsoft !

I'm using a BIOS with SLIC2.1 integrated in it

Installed it, went to www.microsoft.com/genuine/ with IE

Microsoft thanks me for using a genuine version of Windows...

FAIL Microsoft !

I'm using a BIOS with SLIC2.1 integrated in it

Same for me, having SLIC 2.1 BIOS is the best way to crack Vista/7.

Even if somehow they blocked some of the OEM keys (they said they would the Lenovo one), there are new ones showing up. Microsoft opened up pandora's box by making this form of activation and they can't shut it.

I am under the assumption that the money the OEM's pay for this method is far greater then the money gained if everyone in the world who uses this method went out and bought Windows 7, so MS don't give a damn about this method. They focus on modded files and loaders, but people just make new loaders. the modded files is more unreliable. The first activation hack to come out has been Frankenbuilding and it is the first to get fixed.

In short, WAT is just a pathetic attempt at scaring pirates.

It just nags, not disable features, and these nags can likely be stopped even if WAT can't.

This is why I just buy the fucking thing. The last thing I want is the OS locking me out or having to be "fixed".

- buying = $200 +

i rather upgrade my RAM, G-card, monitor, NEW extreme gaming mouse/keyboard

- new crack for stupid MS fix will release within 1 month or 2

- disable windows update or SPECIFIC update will solve the problem temporarily

- when new fix release, every 1 will laugh at you.

If anyone installs this update even though they are using Hazar/Daz fix please post your results. :sneaky:

Model : HP-Compaq Presario

Bios: untouched

Loader: DAZ version 1.7.7r

Mode: Default

Slic : HP

Certificate: HP

Serial : Acer (Ultimate)

Passed WAT/WGA

25z74a9.jpg

Micro soft has made this update optional...meaning you can choose NOT to install it and for future updates this particular update can be hidden from appearing again on the update options

Worked 4 me!

Hey, I was an unlucky one. I have 2 PC's desktop and laptop I was letting my girlfriend use my laptop and she installed a bunch of windows updates like she said because the update screen popped up and when my laptop reset it said that it wasn't genuine, I'm kinda pist, but I can't hold a grudge against her since I'm using Win 7 for free. It was the AIO activated copy floating around x64.

Could someone point me in a direction of a WAT removal tool or such, right now I have a black screen and 3 rows on the bottom right:

Windows 7

Build 7600

This copy of Windows is not genuine

and the desktop is black, since my laptop is now messed, I guess I am forced to be a guinea pig, but at least I can say that this has happened and if I can get results which will help out other members in the future. So, if anyone can give me something to try to fix this and I can post results. I'm using a Toshiba Satellite Notebook,

Thanks

This is why I just buy the fucking thing. The last thing I want is the OS locking me out or having to be "fixed".

- buying = $200 +

i rather upgrade my RAM, G-card, monitor, NEW extreme gaming mouse/keyboard

- new crack for stupid MS fix will release within 1 month or 2

- disable windows update or SPECIFIC update will solve the problem temporarily

- when new fix release, every 1 will laugh at you.

buying = $178 actually. and since my whole computer is already built and fine, I don't need to upgrade anything. do you NEED to upgrade, or do you just want new stuff? and since you would spend the money in that situation anyway we're both at square one.

you can have fun with fixes, but I'd rather not keep checking on them... or disabling updates or wondering if I won't get any.

@ heyyahblah

download Daz's loader (latest version) .... on first run, click uninstall (it should tell you if it's done uninstalling, then reboot) .... after that run daz loader again, use default (just click on install), then it will tell you if it's done ... reboot, if it is still not-genuine ... re-run daz loader using other methods...(reboot), if non-genuine, try another method again ... so on. Then report back ;)

Your copy of windows is one of those pre-activated ones right?

Daz loader 1.7.7r

site: http://slics.myftp.org
sharecode: /Tools/Daz/Windows%207%20Loader%20v1.7.7r.zip

MD5: fb11ad4bfdf3b063ce1116294c8db769

SHA1: 58cbaff2c5473290ceee8c895455df5af140d1c5

@ heyyahblah

download Daz's loader (latest version) .... on first run, click uninstall (it should tell you if it's done uninstalling, then reboot) .... after that run daz loader again, use default (just click on install), then it will tell you if it's done ... reboot, if it is still not-genuine ... re-run daz loader using other methods...(reboot), if non-genuine, try another method again ... so on. Then report back ;)

Your copy of windows is one of those pre-activated ones right?

Daz loader 1.7.7r

site: http://slics.myftp.org
sharecode: /Tools/Daz/Windows%207%20Loader%20v1.7.7r.zip

MD5: fb11ad4bfdf3b063ce1116294c8db769

SHA1: 58cbaff2c5473290ceee8c895455df5af140d1c5

OK, thank you I will follow your steps according and see what results I come up with following the default steps and moving on from there. Hopefully I need to get ahold of everyone of my peers using the same copy to change their Windows Update settings to manual and to hide this update from installing. Dammit M/S.

And yes, the copy of Win 7 that I am using is one of those pre-activated .ISO's floating around where you just pick your version (x86 or x64) it installs and reboots and runs and in system dialog says Windows is activated and genuine. So I figured it was a good copy, I guess not if WAT seems to disable it. I will try this and post back ASAP

thank you

I dunno if I installed this but to be smart and see if Microsoft had done anything, I went to validate on their site and they noticed it was illegitimate.

But I downloaded Win7 Loader 1.7.7 by Daz as suggested and it worked -- with latest validation update :)

Although even when I was using non-genuine software for about 1hour, no difference except when booting 2 pop-ups and background black with watermark, which changed in like 30sec back to normal lol :P

Due to you guys helping me, next person who wants it can get a free Demonoid invite code :)

EDIT::

Don't actually have an invitation code available atm :( But when I do i'll post

Archived